Chapter 01~

Summer Days

 

Summer.

 

It was that time of the year again when all the schools...or rather kindergarden in this case- were on vacation. Trips to the beaches, amusement parks, planetarium, cinema halls were the primarily target of various families spread across the country- it was the time to have fun.

 

But there was this one baby that refused to engage in any of these activities- no matter how much the mother tried. This boy you see currently had his nose buried into the gaming device much to the discontent of his mommy. 

 

"Cho Kyuhyunnie.." Mrs. Cho frowned as she wiped her wet hands on her apron and peeked into the drawing hall, where her six-year old baby boy was busy playing games on his console. But that frown soon melted away as her eyes landed upon the crouched form of her son on the floor. 

 

"Kyuhyunnie! " Mrs. Cho called out resisting the urge to giggle at how her son had his pink tongue sticking out cutely as his eyes were glued to the screen of the device.

 


Mrs. Cho shook her head in amusement as Kyuhyun scrunched his nose in concentration completely immersed in killing the zergs and the aliens; with his chubby fingers sliding across the screen of the gaming device.

"Kyunnie, it's a bright sunny afternoon! You should go out and get some fresh air. " Mrs. Cho spoke while crouching beside her baby son.

 

 


"But mommy, Kyunnie wants to stay here and defeat these zergs and monsters. " Kyuhyun mumbled wiggling as his mommy petted his brown poodle hair affectionately.

"Well baby Minnie will be there waiting at the playground. " Mrs. Cho tried knowing perfectly well that speaking about her baby's squishy friend would certainly call his attention.

 


And as if on cue, Kyuhyunnie momentarily glanced at his mommy for confirmation, “Baby Minnie will be there? "


Mrs. Cho giggled mentally at how perfectly Kyunnie fell into her trap and nodded solemnly, "Baby Minnie is looking for Kyunnie. And you must not keep baby Minnie waiting, Kyukyu."

 

 

Kyuhyun looked at his mommy in alarm, knowing that baby Minnie would cry waiting for Kyunnie. He hurriedly stood up from the carpet and the gaming device into his mommy’s hands before running towards the door.

 

"Kyunnie is coming baby Minnie!" The kid shouted adorably as he zoomed past his mother with his feet making cute thumping sounds against the wooden floor. 

 


Kyunnie galloped ahead of his daddy, nearly stumbling over his feet in his hurry to go outside after all his baby Minnie must not be kept waiting! He thought anxiously. 

 

Kyuhyunnie quickly yelled a goodbye to his mommy and stood on his tippytoes, trying his best to unlock the door so that he could rush out. But Kyuhyunnie was too tiny to reach the door. 

 

 

Mr. Cho chuckled at his six-year old baby son's antics and decided to take some pity on the struggling boy, " There you go. Run along now Kyubaby. "

Kyuhyun beamed gratefully at his daddykins and saluted the man cutely before rushing down 
the stairs.

 

 


Kyunnie raced to the front of the Lee’s doorstep and knocked the door impatiently, wanting Mrs. Lee to open the door quickly so that he could meet his baby Minnie. 

Mrs. Lee giggled as she spied upon Kyuhyun's bouncing form from the window and she ruffled baby Minnie’s hair affectionately as the little boy sat tranced in front of the television set.

 

"Baby Minnie, your Kyunnie is here~" The woman tried but in vain- for Sungmin was in a different world altogether with his round almond-shaped eyes glued to the television screen. She ruffled her son's hair affectionately as she stood up,  earning a whines of protest from baby boy at the disruption.

 


"Oh who could it possibly be. " Mrs. Lee wondered out aloud, pretending to look all around. Kyuhyunnie pouted and called out, "Baby Minnie’s mommy! It's Kyunnie! "

 

 

Mrs.Lee solemnly craned her neck at the voice as Kyuhyunnie continued to shout cutely, " Baby Minnie’s mommy, look down here! "

 

 

 

Mrs.Lee smiled at Kyuhyun's little form at the threshold and opened the door wide for the boy as  Kyunnie galloped into their house to play with her squishy baby,”Hi Kyunnie! Are you here to play with my baby?” 

 

She laughed as Kyuhyun nodded his head enthusiastically while clutching onto the hem of her apron,”Mommy Lee can you tell Kyunnie where is baby Minnie?” He blabbered innocently his eyes raking over the kitchen and across the hall looking out for any signs for his squishy friend. 

 

 

And before Mrs.Lee could even utter a single word, Kyunnie whooped excitedly as his eyes fell upon Sungminnie sitting peacefully on the couch and he galloped past the surprised woman shouting,”Baby Minnie!"

 

 

Kyuhyun pouted as baby Minnie only tilted his head slightly at the intrusion before gluing his eyes back to the television screen. Kyunnie stomped his foot feeling hurt while Sungminnie was completely oblivious to the situation and was watching Miffy and Friends.

 

He raced in front of baby Minnie placing both of his arms over his hips, grinning victoriously as he successfully blocked Sungminnie’s line of vision.  Baby Minnie blinked in confusion seeing a purple starcraft t-shirt standing in front of his eyes instead of favorite cartoon bunny. 

 

 

“Kyuunie!” Baby Minnie shouted while wiggling his toes cutely before stretching forward. His chubby fingers curled into tiny fists and he punched a beaming Kyuhyun’s chest angrily. 

 

 

“Baby Minnie!” Kyuhyun gasped feeling shocked at his little squishy friend’s behaviour and found himself falling on his a minute later. Sungmin looked at Kyunnie's hurt expression and his eyes widened feeling guilty at his best friend's watery eyes. Oh no what did he just do! 

 

 

Miffy and Friends was left forgotten as a soft sob escaped Sungmin's lips. He flung himself over Kyuhyun's sprawled form on the carpet and hugged the boy tightly. "Baby Minnie is sorry Kyunnie." He whimpered into Kyuhyun's neck.

 

"Does baby Minnie not love Kyunnie anymore?" Kyuhyun cried clutching onto Sungminnie's pink shirt as tears started seeping into both of their clothes. 

 

"I didn't mean to hit you Kyuhyunnie." Sungmin wailed that only caused Kyuhyun to cry harder. "R-really? Sungminnie, really? "

 

 

"Baby Minnie loves Kyunnie." Sungmin sniffled and buried his snot covered nose into Kyuhyun's wet neck.

 

"Aww Sungminnie!"

 

 

"Kyuhyunnie!"

 

And the two dumb babies proceeded to squish each other as they made up.  "Aigoo these babies." Mrs. Lee spoke looking at the small pantomime before her eyes.  Sungminnie kissed Kyunnie's nose quickly and giggled as the boy's ears started to turn red rapidly. 

 

Mrs. Lee resisted the urge to coo at the cute sight before her eyes and she smiled," Anyone up for some lemonade?" 

 

Hearing high pitched voices of agreement and her squishy baby's cries for pink lemonade, the woman laughed before walking towards the kitchen. 

 

A couple of minutes later when Mrs. Lee returned to the drawing room with trays of iced pink lemonade in her arms- she saw that Sungminnie and Kyunnie were squished against each other on the couch watching Miffy and Friends with all traces of their previous fight forgotten. Both of the boys had their eyes glued to the screen and the woman felt a strange sense of déjà vu.

 

Baby Minnie's eyes sparkled in delight as the tray was put down onto the table and he made grabby hands towards the glasses of pink lemonade,"Mommy mommy, Baby Minnie wants- "

 

"I know cutie, I know." Mrs. Lee smiled and placed the glass into her squishy son's hands- letting go of the glass only when she felt sure that Sungminnie held the glass tightly. 

 

"Pink lemonade for baby Minnie and sparkling blueberry lemonade for baby Kyunnie!" The woman chirped happily as she gave the glass of blue lemonade to a very grateful Kyuhyun. 

 

"Thank you baby Minnie's mommy." Kyuhyunnie spoke- managing to remember his manners for once before taking a small sip of the delicious drink. As baby Minnie turned his attention back to the television screen- Kyunnie started to wonder. Hadn't his mommy told him to take baby Minnie to the playground that afternoon?

 

"Baby Minnie?" 

 

"Yesh Kyuhyunnie?" The child answered with his cheeks all swollen with a huge mouthful of the lemonade. 

 

"Sungminnie, let's go to the playground afterwards." Kyunnie stated feeling rather squeamish thinking about what would his mommy say if she would come to know that her son did nothing but watch television all afternoon. 

 

"Hmm 'kay." Baby Minnie agreed almost immediately before taking another sip of the pink lemonade. A couple of minutes later, Kyunnie watched the ending credits of Miffy and Friends and placed his glass carefully back into the tray.

He turned towards Sungminnie who was looking at his now empty glass with a pout- Kyunnie took the glass from baby Minnie's hands knowing his squishy friend's special talent of clumsiness and placed the cup out of harm's way. "Baby Minnie shall we go to the playground now?"

 

"Nuuuuuuh. Baby Minnie wants to stay at home and watch Miffy. " Sungminnie whined and wiggled his small body and rolled all over the couch, pouting full-time.

 

"Sungminnie, Miffy will come again tomorrow." Kyunnie spoke slowly trying his best to convince his friend.  Sungmin frowned cutely and repeated," Baby Minnie wants to cuddle with Kyunnie and watch Miffy." 

 

"Miffy went out with her friends to the playground, she's a smart bunny you see.. she would never sit and watch television all afternoon." Kyuhyun slyly spoke- with his grin getting bigger and bigger as Sungminnie's eyes started to widen.

 

And when Kyuhyun felt that he had Sungminnie convinced, the boy whined, "No Kyunnie, baby Minnie feels too lazy to walk."

 

Kyunnie mentally racked his brains for a solution as baby Minnie proceeded to climb into his lap and lie over his body. The last thing Kyunnie wanted was for his mommy to find out and take away his game consoles.

 

All of a sudden Kyunnie's eyes sparkled over an idea and he scrambled to his feet in delight,"Kyunnie will be right back, baby Minnie!"

 

Baby Minnie was left pouting on the couch as his Kyuhyunnie flew towards the entrance. Sungmin waddled towards the window to see what his Kyunnie was doing and a question mark drew over his face as he spotted Kyuhyun coming out of the backyard proudly-pushing a wheel barrow with his chubby fingers.

 

"Kyunnie?" Baby Minnie cocked his head cutely as confusion laced his features as Kyuhyun pulled the small red wheel-barrow through the door and into the drawing room.

 

 

"Baby Minnie shall sit on this and Kyunnie will push baby Minnie to the playground." Kyuhyun stated proudly pulling Sungmin towards the wheel barrow. Just as Kyuhyun made baby Minnie sit into the tiny seat, Mrs. Lee happened to pass by and she laughed at the adorable sight before her eyes.

 

Sungmin had the cutest pout on his face as he sat squished into the seat of the wheel barrow with Kyuhyun's arms holding the vehicle securely in his arms with a big smile.

 

Oh what a bunch of adorable babies.

 

-tbc-

 


[A/N] 

Writing Kid KyuMin is always enjoyable~ I hope you guys had fun reading this as well *^*

I hope you can take a couple of your minutes to leave me a comment.. I would love to hear from you all <3