Chapter 1

All I Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In early morning, the sun rays shone brightly thorough the floor-to-ceiling windows of a high-rise. The tall slender girl busted around her spacious, open living room looking for her wristwatch. She was late. And today, of all days, was not one to show up five minutes late for. Especially it’s Monday.

 

Being the head of the development division for the greatest in the gaming world (just like what the magazines said on the latest), Crown Gaming, it wasn’t Yoona’s job to question the girls in common. However, as the youngest department head, her job was to oversee the gamers that tested all the latest games. In other words, the testers were responsible for finding bugs in the programming before the games were released to the public.

 

Yoona frantically searched under couch cushions, looking for her wristwatch. It may have seemed trivial to some, but her wristwatch was like the precious treasure that must to keep.

 

Loud footsteps made by a pair of heels, began to trot their way towards her. She stood up, eyeing the way sofa sat just so and spun around in a circle, her hands firmly planted on her hips. Meanwhile her doe eyes roamed over the open area for any cues as to where her timepiece could be hiding.

 

“Baby,” Tiffany called out to her.

 

Yoona turned around at the source of voice that no other is her fiancée whom she proposed 6 months ago, unable to even plaster on a fake smile. She tapped her pointer finger to her wrist where her watch would normally place. “Fany, I’m late.” She said. “You don’t know where I left my wristwatch do you?”

 

“You mean that stupid wristwatch?” Tiffany said with an eye roll and didn’t move an inch to help her fiancée. Crossing her arms over her chest, Tiffany huffed, “You won’t see me crying because it’s come up missing. I mean, really Yoong, who can take a woman seriously when she wears a neon blue swatch?”

 

Yoona was resigned to the fact that Tiffany would never fully understand her. The watch, however, was hers and her alone. She had it since she first began working at Crown. It was a gift and one she had refused to part with after all of these years.

 

Again, looking at the clock on the wall, Yoona realized she was going to be more than five minutes late now. She groaned, “My watch. Do you know where I left it?”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes again, but at least she replied, “Look under the towel in the hamper. I’m sure I saw something neon blue and offensive when I picked up your towel from the floor after your shower.”

 

Yoona glared at her, she knew Tiffany was the root of her messiness this morning. Without saying anything, she walked towards where the towel is and then throws it nowhere. Just like Tiffany said, Yoona’s wristwatch was lying under the towel she had used that morning. She strapped it on her wrist, and vowing to never take it off.

 

Suddenly, Tiffany cleared and succeed catching Yoona’s attention, “Babe, don’t forget. I’m leaving for Jeju today to finalize a few last minute details for the wedding. I’ll be back in time for dinner tonight at eight.”

 

As their wedding drew nearer, Tiffany started to spend more and more time in Jeju and she barely spent their time together. So does in Yoona’s side, she barely at home too, because her hectic schedule with some new promotion games for Christmas holiday.

 

To speed the morning along, Yoona simply smiled and nodded. “Jeju. Got it.”

 

“Love you, babe.” Tiffany called out, pecking her lips, before walked out of the room.

 

As Tiffany walked out of the room, Yoona went into full blown panic mode, cursing that she lived on the top floor where it was damn near impossible to take the stairs but praying that none else was running as late as her so that she didn’t have to stop at every other floor on the way down.

 

The elevator finally dinged, she made it to the lobby as sprinted out of the door.

 

On her way to her black BMW M3 that parked out, suddenly her cellphone ringed and made she took it out from her pocket. Though she was almost turned it off, but after seeing the name that appeared in its screen, Yoona dismissed her acted and took the call instead.

 

“Hello? … Oh yeah Mr. Lee, I’m on my way now … Err… I’m sorry for late … Ah thanks … But …”

 

In hurry as busy talked through the phone with Mr. Lee and didn’t spare her glance to the road, without knowing, suddenly her footing caught on the edge of the curb at an awkward angle, causing her to lose her balance. Yoona’s whole body twisted like a contortionist’s. Her waist dipped back and her feet flew out from underneath her, falling. As Yoona’s head come closer to the curb of sidewalk, she expected her life to start flashing before her eyes. Instead she had one final, fleeting thought as her head made concrete and her vision turned the same murky color of the shiny car as she was now staring at through hooded eyes.

 

It ended too soon. And Yoona wasn’t thinking about her life.

 

 

 

 

The two girls stood in front of their house, arms wrapped tightly around one another.

 

This is their dream.

 

They had signed their names on all of dotted lines, they owned a house. Together.

 

The craftsman-style home, barely twelve hundred square feet, sat on a shaded lot, in part because of the large oak tree that sat in the front. Its limbs hung freely, the mossy green of the stucco matched the ferns planted around the porch. White gardenias mixed with purple freesia added a spark of color to the yard. The idea to add a swing for lazy afternoons clouded her mind.

 

With their fingers intertwined, the brunette girl pointed to the porch where the blonde thoughts had just been.

 

“I see a swing there.” She said.

 

The blonde’s smile grew even bigger. “Me too.”

 

“We own a house. You and me.”

 

“Yeah, you and me.”

 

“And do you know what this mean?”

 

The blonde turned so that they were face to face, studying the brunette before her. Since the first moment she had seen the brunette, the doe eyes drew her in and didn’t fail make her heart beats. She smiled, caressing the brunette’s cheek.

 

“What’s this mean?”

 

The brunette pulled her closer, nearly crushing the blonde to her chest. Her words were a whisper against the blonde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter