Three Pieces of Silver

Calm Discord

  It was almost getting dark.  Hues of red, orange, and yellow filled the sky.  The time the sun will have its rest is coming fast but not for the three men in the forest.  Takeru is getting more impatient by the minute and is showing no sign of stopping.

“Takeru, we should rest.” Uruha said as he follows Takeru’s brisk walk

“There’s no time.” Takeru muttered

“Reita needs rest, I need to feed, and so are you.  Starving ourselves won’t help us find Kazamasa-sama fast.” Uruha said

Takeru finally stopped on his tracks and turned to the two who are a few paces back from him, “What if he’s in danger right now?  What if he hasn’t fed yet?” Takeru asked not aware that his eyes have been glowing red

“For the love of parakeets your master isn’t a child.  He can take care of himself.  Just because you served him for how many years, doesn’t mean that he can’t take care of his own self.  Stop acting that way, you make your master look weak.” Reita injected

“S-stop it you two let’s just set up a camp here.  Reita, I’ll be back start a campfire and warm yourself.” Uruha said in an attempt to stop further arguments.

Reita went to Uruha and pulled him into a hug, “Just be back immediately okay?” Reita said

“Okay.” Uruha smiled

Reita held Uruha’s hand tight and kissed his forehead before letting him go.  Takeru can’t help roll his eyes in disgust while watching the two.

“I’ll be back.” Uruha smiled

Reita waved as the two vanished in the woods.  As soon as he was alone he started working on the camp.

Meanwhile, back to the Nectarine brothel. . .

“Hiko, can we just do it later?” Waka asked

“No we can’t, customers are rising, we can’t slack off right now.” Hiko urged

“It can’t be helped then.” Waka sighed “See you later, Hiro-kun, Shouto!” Waka waved

Shouto felt relieved when Waka finally left.  In Shouto's whole existence, it was only until now he met a girl too energetic, talkative, and cheerful.  Being with her made the brunette really tired even as a child of the moon.  Shouto then realized that this was the first time that he has ever stepped in a human’s territory.  No one there knew who he is, or what he is, none of the people there ever knew his true colors.  If he went to another vampire territory, everyone there would know that he is a high ranking child of the moon.  Everyone would be cautious with their actions.  There would always be one who is trying to be on his good side.  Shouto hated it.  He hated the fact that everyone around him wore a mask when facing him.  This would be the first time that someone acted for who they really are.

“I think I need to thank Hiko for grabbing Waka away.” Hiroto sighed

“Better do that.” Shouto agreed

“Oh, Kamijo-san said we can share rooms.” Hiroto said

“Sh-share rooms?” Shouto asked

“Yeah, let me show you my room.” Hiroto said

Shouto has no problems if he has to share rooms with somebody.  The problem is, for how long will his self control last.  He could foresee that it’ll be hard since he hasn’t had any decent meal since yesterday, he’s senses for hunting will involuntary get stronger, and lastly is the tempting scent Hiroto is emitting.

“Do you think that’s a good idea?” Shouto asked

“Yeah, why not?  Besides I insist so don’t worry.” Hiroto smiled

“If you say so, then.” Shouto shrugged

Although the outside of the building has western design on it, not everything inside is designed in western.  As much as possible Hiroto wants a piece of his hometown in his room.

“Amazing isn’t it?  I thought Kamijo-san wouldn’t let me do this.” Hiroto said while admiring his little haven

“Yes, it is amazing.” Shouto said while admiring his companion’s face

Shouto then noticed the rectangular shape covered in silk resting on the floor.  Hiroto saw the curious look on Shouto's eyes so he decided to show it to him.  He sat down on the floor and revealed the Koto.  The other man signaled Shouto to come closer.  As Shouto sat, Hiroto started to play a song.

Never have I heard a sound this beautiful, this pure.  It’s like every melody he makes is piercing through my soul.  Slowly, as the sound bounces back and forth in the walls of this room my mind is getting drunk, drowning slowly of this beautiful melody.” Kazamasa thought to himself as he was listening to the beautiful sons that Hiroto makes.

He was so engrossed to the melody that is sinking in his ears as if the sounds are being written right in his soul that his mind is starting to get blank, only to get interrupted by a sudden stop.

“So, what do you think?” Hiroto asked

Kazamasa immediately went back to his senses.  It felt weird hearing that song, as if he was falling to sleep. He dismissed any thought about it and said, “It’s really beautiful.”

“You think?  Thanks. It’s one of my family’s songs, I’m still learning it.” Hiroto smiled “My grandma taught this to me while I was young.  They say she was the best all over Japan.  Playing Koto was just a hobby of mine, but when she died I’ve decided to continue playing.  I want the world to know the beautiful music that my grandma had created once she was alive.” Hiroto said

“Your grandma must be proud of you.” Kazamasa said

Darkness immediately claimed the sky along with the stars.  Reita is waiting impatiently as he sits in front of the fire warming his body.  It has become unbelievably cold today.  He heard someone coming close, he stood up expecting someone.  It was Uruha and Takeru who emerged.

“Uruha, good thing youre back you really took your time.” Reita said

“Sorry for making you wait.” Uruha smiled

Before Reita could hug Uruha, he noticed someone hiding behind his lover.  Uruha smiled when he noticed that Reita saw something.  It was a little girl Uruha and Takeru found earlier.

“Who’s this?” Reita asked

“Her name is Hana.  Her family along with other slaves were traveling when they were attacked by thieves, we tried saving them but we were too late.  She’s the only survivor; she’s too young to be left there so we took her along.  Truth is it was Takeru’s idea to save them and take Hana along.” Uruha explained

Reita raised an eyebrow on Uruha’s statement.

“Hey there, you want to have a rest for a while?” Reita asked

The girl nodded.  Reita smiled and carried her princess style and sat beside the fire.  Uruha smiled and sat beside Reita.  Takeru followed them silently.

The moon was their only light along with lanterns when they were traveling that night.  His father just died and left a large sum of debt, his mother had no choice but to sell him and his sister to slavery because of it but it didn’t matter to Takeru.  As long as it’ll help his mother he didn’t care if he was sold for three pieces of silver.  He can’t cry now, he can’t show himself being weak in front of his sister Aya.  He needs to show her that everything is all right.  Everything should have been all right; it should have been but then, their caravan was attacked by thieves.  They left not a single person alive; they took everything even his little sister’s life.  He couldn’t forget the sick expression of the man who killed his sister and him.  Moments later, while life is slowly sipping away from him from the wound inflicted to him Kazamasa found him.

“They missed, if the angle was changed a bit then they could have hit your heart.” Kazamasa said

“I’m alive?” Takeru asked

“I saved you, but sorry I couldn’t save your sister’s.  You should let her go and bury her.” Kazamasa said

In his hand, he was holding Aya’s hand tight.  Until the end, he didn’t let go of her hand.  After he made the promise of protecting her, this is what had happened.

“I couldn’t do anything.” Takeru cried

“You may have failed to protect someone dear but you can prevent from something like this to happen again.  Take my sword, you can do whatever you want.” Kazamasa said

Takeru took the sword without hesitation, and on that same night he took the lives of those who took his sister’s life.

“After you have avenged yourself, what are you going to do with that life I have given you?” Kazamasa asked

“I’m going to follow you!  Even if you get sick and tired of me I’ll still follow you.” Takeru said

“Well then, be sure to keep me entertained.” Kazamasa smiled

“Kazamasa-sama.” Takeru muttered as he reminisced his first time meeting with Kazamasa

“Don’t worry Takeru, we’ll find him.” Uruha assured

Currently, at this time Shouto is now on the dining table with Hiroto, and Kamijo.  Surprise was written on both Shouto and Kamijo’s face.

“I didn’t expect someone high ranking as you would be at my humble home.” Kamijo said

“Don’t speak so highly of me.  You yourself is someone that is already with the same rank as my brother.” Shoutoto said

“You know each other Shouto-kun, owner-san?!” Waka asked

“I only met his older brother once on my trip to France.” Kamijo said

“You have an older brother Shouto-kun?” Hiroto asked

“Yeah, but we’re very distant from each other.  There was a time we got really close to one other but our relationship changed when he left home.” Shoutoto explained

“If only I knew it was you then I should have prepared something suitable for your taste.” Kamijo said

“It’s all right; I was the one who came by surprise.” Shouto said

“Then, have some of wine.” Kamijo said

Just by the smell coming from Kamijo’s cup, Kazamasa knew that it was blood, to be more specific, animal blood.  It was something he needed more over later when it’s time to for rest.   Kamijo poured the ‘wine’ on Shouto's cup, it made him excited as his nose was filled with the scent.

“I hope this would suit your taste.  I know very well that we have different taste when it comes to ‘wine’.” Kamijo said

“Don’t worry, I’m not that picky, especially if it came from you.” Kazamasa said

The taste was bland but satisfying.  Shouto was already content of this meal he’s having right now.  At least for now, he knew that he’s really in a place that is safe for this is a home of another child of the moon.

“Now that I knew our visitor is a brother of an old friend of mine, you can stay here for as long as you like.  But please, if you act undesirably to my staff you wouldn’t like what I may do to you.  They are my family already so please think first.” Kamijo said

“No need to worry, they have acted well to me so I’ll do the same, you have my word.” Shouto said

“Thank you, well then now I’m assured.  Please have some food, you may be surprised but it’s a good alternative to what you’re usually having.” Kamijo smiled

Kamijo was right; he never knew he could eat human food as well.  The dinner went well than what Shouto had expected.  He never knew that the owner of the place was a child of the moon and his brother’s old friend on top of that.

“I never knew Kamijo-san knows your brother.” Hiroto said

“Me too, he never tells me things.” Shouto sighed

“But, because of it you can stay longer here!” Hiroto said cheerfully

“Are you happy that I’m here?” Shoutoto asked

“Yes, really happy!” Hiroto answered

“Really? I’m glad to hear that.”  Shouto smiled

Hiroto became beet red all of the sudden.  This was the first time he saw Shouto smiled.  He never knew that Shouto has a really beautiful smile.

While they were eating, they heard three knocks in the door before they saw Waka’s little face peeked through the door.

Sorry for disturbing your dinner. Hiro-kun, a customer asked for you.Waka said from the slightly ajar door

“Thank you Waka, now then Hiroto, get yourself ready.  Shouto-kun and I will be talking just a bit further.” Kamijo said

Hiroto got up and said, “Thank you for letting Shouto-kun sty here. Well then I’ll be taking my leave.”

Once Hiroto got out of the room Kamijo offered more blood for Kazamasa who seemed still hungry.

“Don’t worry Kazamasa-sama, Hiroto doesn’t take customers that way.  Guests requests for him to play music, but of course he does that dressed as a woman.” Kamijo said

“Thank you for letting me stay, I’ll make sure you’ll be rewarded.” Kazamasa replied

“Now then, care to tell me how you end up in my humble home?” Kamijo asked as his eyes showed a glint of red.