A Choice for a Change

Calm Discord

 

            I’ve always hated humans.  Humans are weak creatures with short lifespan.  In my eyes, they are filthy creatures who keep on killing each other because of their selfishness, their desire for power, and wealth.  Their history is always written with blood, a continues cycle that I have been witnessing.  The world might’ve been a better place if those humans used all their remaining time to be with their loved ones rather than killing each other and creating broken families.  If I were them, I would gladly choose it.  The problem is I have no more family left.  With all the time I have in me, I’m cursed to watch those weak humans struggle for their lives.
 

            I don’t know how much time has passed since I decided to separate myself from the group, I don’t know how much time I’ve been running away from a persistent hunter on my .  Should I fight him?  Heck, I could beat the out of him if only my arm can move freely, that was my initial plan.  Damn it, the poison has spread down to my wrist.  That hunter called Ruki is getting faster by the minute, or maybe it was me who is slowing down?  That hunter is starting to get on my nerves.

            “What’s wrong?  Poison slowed you down?” Ruki asked with a smirk on his face

            Kazamasa ignored Ruki’s statement.  Maybe it was just a tactic to get him irritated and just beat up Ruki in a not so fair fight.  While running, Kazamasa spotted a cliff ahead of the trail.  Finally, he found a way to remove the midget on his .

            “You’re trying to run away from a fight?” Ruki asked

            “I only do fair fights.  Challenge me when I’m in condition and you’re a bit taller.” Kazamasa smirked

            “, don’t include my height on this!” Ruki yelled

            The run finally came to an end when they reached the cliff.  Both were catching their breaths and Kazamasa isn’t sure if he will be able to do a good landing.  After running all the way, it only made the poison spread faster.  He hoped that Takeru was able to get to the destination.

            The cool wind blew and the moon’s light illuminated Kazamasa by the cliff facing Ruki.  The hunter swears that the demon right in front of him was as beautiful as an angel getting ready to take flight.  However, no matter how much an angel he might look like he a job to slay this demon in front of him.

            “We shall meet again and when that time comes, I’m going to beat the out of you and tear you to smaller pieces.” Kazamasa said

            “, I’m not letting you get away without a fight!” Ruki yelled

            Kazamasa just smiled at him then he just jumped off the cliff disappearing through the dark forest below.  The brunette can call it luck or maybe he was just skilled enough that he made it down the cliff without adding injuries to himself.  Kazamasa staggered his way not knowing where to go.

            “ my injury is not healing, maybe this is another effect of the poison from the arrow that hit me.  I need blood.” Kazamasa muttered

            Blood is needed for him to be able to get himself regenerated.  But now he’s in the middle of nowhere and there is great chance that he’ll be caught by Ruki at any minute.  Well it could take an hour or two before he could get down considering Ruki’s short legs.  If it’s a typical vampire a normal human will do, but if it’s Kazamasa, it won’t.  He only feeds on other female vampires.

Humans are filthy.

            In normal circumstances his prey is being prepared by Takeru.  But now, there is a very low chance for him to get a normal vampire, if ever a human would pass by, he’d rather kill it than feed on them.  While walking, his ears heard crunching leaves.  Judging from the sound of the leaves, it was a four legged creature but whatever it is Kazamasa is content with that option.  In the dark, not so far from where Kazamasa is a pair of yellow eyes glowed.  As Kazamasa crouched down his eyes glowed red and moved closer to his prey.  Moving closer to it, the brunette heard a snarl from the creature, it was a lone wolf.  This wolf is not giving up without a fight, Kazamasa smirked and then he launched himself at his prey.

            After a not so satisfying meal, Kazamasa continued walking.  Regeneration was slow but at least the poison is being removed from his system.  Ahead, he saw an old storage house.  It looked like it will give up any moment but at least it’s still decent to rest on to.

            While Shou was at the old storage house resting, Takeru’s group continued to move fast just so they could get away from Aoi and Kai.

            “Can you please slow down a bit?” Nao asked

            “No, so shut up.” Takeru answered

            “Nao, please bare with it, we’re almost there.” Tora said

            “But I’m getting dizzy.” Nao complained

            “Kazamasa-sama ordered me to bring you two to the mansion immediately.  Don’t even think about having a match with me Shinji-sama, your friend is in my hands, with just one hand I can break his leg.” Takeru said

            “Don’t you ever hurt him.” Tora growled

            “Apparently, I’m not as noble as Kazamasa-sama.  I may not follow as promised, so don’t try my patience.” Takeru smiled

            Nao was getting creeped out by Takeru’s smile.  Even though there is no reason to smile, the young child of the moon still puts on that smile making him unpredictable.  Tora hated that he was being held back by a younger vampire than him.

            “The two hunters stopped following.” Takeru said and stopped running

            What could have happened?  Did something happen to his master?  Out of worry, he called out one of his black butterflies to follow the hunters.  If only Takeru had a choice he’d leave the two and follow Kazamasa.

            “Let’s go.” Takeru said

            Nao groaned to Takeru’s statement.  He hasn’t even recovered but they’re moving again.  Takeru went on, this time without stopping until they reached the mansion.

            “Shinji, proceed immediately to your father’s quarters.” Takeru ordered while putting Nao down

            “What will you do to him?” Tora asked

            “He’ll stay here until morning comes, after then we’ll bring him to the nearest town here.” Takeru answered

            Tora looked at Nao and by that Nao understood what the other meant.  That is to trust Tora.  Somehow, Tora has to find a way to get out of there for good with Nao.  First, he has to go face his father.  No matter what reason he is being called he will leave this place no matter what.  While Tora is making his way to his father, Takeru brought Nao to Shinpei.

            “Who’s that kid?” Shinpei asked

            “Shinji’s pet.  Go find him a room, after the sun rises bring him to the nearest town.” Takeru said then pushed Nao to Shinpei

            “Jeez why are you giving me orders all of the sudden?” Shinpei complained

            “Just do as I say.” Takeru said

            “Hey, where’s Kazamasa-sama?  You’re leaving again?” Shinpei asked

            “We faced some hunters on our way back, Kazamasa-sama left himself behind I’m going to find him.” Takeru said

            “I-is Kazamasa-sama going to be all right?” Shinpei asked worried

            “He is going to be all right.  He should be.” Takeru said

            Kazamasa should be all right otherwise, Takeru will forever carry the burden of guilt.  He could have done something to prevent his master from getting hurt, yet he still followed the order to leave.  Takeru was walking his way out of the mansion when suddenly one of his black butterflies showed an image to him.

            “Damn that Uruha, he left without being useful to Kazamasa-sama.” Takeru hissed

            Takeru immediately continued his way out of the mansion so he could find Kazamasa already.

 

            “So you’re a friend of Shinji-sama, I haven’t really met him because he already left this place when I came here.  They say he’s really strong.” Shinpei said

            As much as possible, Nao doesn’t want to get in trouble so he decided earlier to keep silent.  But the guy talking to him right now seems (a lot) nicer than Takeru, so maybe talking to him would be all right.  After all, it was Shinpei who started the conversation.

            “I haven’t seen him fight or anything, but he teaches my friend how to sword fight so yeah maybe he is strong and he’s very nice to me.” Nao said

            “You’re friend must have felt honored.” Shinpei smiled

            Currently, they are walking at a hallway towards a guest room that was prepared for Nao.  The agreement was, Nao would be brought to the nearest village first thing in the morning and from there someone from the village will bring Nao back to his home.

            “You are nicer than the other guy.” Nao said

            “I ‘am?  Well maybe I ‘am nice, but Takeru is also a nice guy.” Shinpei said

            “He is creeping me out.” Nao muttered

            “He’s just worked up because of Kazamasa-sama.” Shinpei answered

            “He’s overly attached to him.” Nao said

            “Well no one can’t deny it Kazamasa-sama is Takeru’s creator after all, normally we get so much attached to our creators.  Anyway, here’s your room, you can have a rest inside if you want I’ll stay here outside by the door.” Shinpei said

            ______________________________________________________________________

            Takeru is travelling aimlessly, he doesn’t know where to start looking without being found out by the hunters.

            “I swear I’m going to find you Kazamasa-sama.” Takeru muttered

            “After you have avenged yourself, what are you going to do with that life I have given you?” Kazamasa asked

            “I’m going to follow you!  Even if you get sick and tired of me I’ll still follow you.” Takeru said

            “Well then, be sure to keep me entertained.” Kazamasa smiled

            That was the first and last time that Takeru had seen his master smile.  Even during his life as a human there’s nothing more beautiful than it.  Kazamasa gave him a new life, it is now his duty to pay his debt back.

            While walking down the forest, the wind blew catching Takeru’s attention when he picked up a scent he knew so well.  It was Kazamasa’s blood, he frantically followed the direction of it, the scent ended at a certain tree but there was n sign of his master.  Looking up the tree, he saw the piece of his sleeve that he had tied around Kazamasa’s injured arm earlier.

            “It must’ve been blown by the wind.” Takeru said

            His father’s quarters was still the same the last time he saw it.  Still seated on his throne with a curtain preventing him from seeing the king, it was still the same as when he decided to leave his father’s wing.

            “What do you want from me?” Tora asked

            “Be my successor.” The king said

            “I still refuse.  Let Kazamasa have the throne, I don’t care.” Tora said

            “Kazamasa isn’t suitable for this role, only your can be the next successor.” His father said

            “But why me?  Kazamasa has got himself troubled just because you wanted me to replace you.  He’s been trying his hardest just so he could gain your favor.” Tora reasoned

            “There is something in you that Kazamasa has not.”

            “And what is it?” Tora asked

            “Trust with humans.  Every day the world changes, as those changes occur there is continues escalation of risk that our race would be exposed to the world.  Evidence of it is the growth of the number of hunters.  You yourself could prove it, before you were locked up in that cave there is only one clan that is known hunters.  Now, there are different families who call themselves hunters and formed an organization.  Only you can be the next leader of our race, for you are the only child of the moon who has killed your kind along side with a known powerful hunter.  You must enlighten the hunters that not all children of the moon are evil.  Kazamasa on the other hand hated the humans; if he became the next head of the race then more chaos would occur.” His father explained

            “So you wanted to save our race from being killed.” Tora said

            “I want you to clean our race’s name.  I know that there are children of the moon out there that are not as civilized as us and we should clean it up ourselves.  Create a truce with the hunter’s organization, only you in our clan can do it.” His father said

            What should Tora do?  Should he accept the responsibility he had escaped from long ago?  But his father’s wish is for the better of both sides.  No more senseless killing of either race.  He knew that the change would be hard for there is already a fixed image the hunters had for them.  Of course, everything changes gradually even though it’s for the better or for the worse.  Everyone and everything changes, even that bad image his race have will change.  If ever there would be change happening Tora hoped that it would change for the better.

            “Father, I now accept the responsibility you want me to bear.” Tora kneeled

            “I’m glad to hear that, but that responsibility is too heavy for one person to bear.  Before establishing a good relationship with the hunters you should also make our race change.  If you became a leader with that aim, there would always be someone who would oppose.  To prevent that, change Kazamasa’s view on humans, if both vampires with authority are willing to make that change, no one can oppose.” His father added

            “Yes father, I’ll make sure to follow your order.” Tora said

            “I’m glad to hear that Shinji.  You will officially become the next head of the race once you have changed Kazamasa.”