Reunion

K-Pocalypse: Part 2

CL, Seungri, Thunder, and Dara all stood from their seats and watched quietly, waiting for the airmen to move out of the way so that they could get a better look at the group behind them. Once the men began to disperse, they caught sight of the scientist and the soldier, neither of whom they recognized, as they hadn’t met the ZORT team at the base; however, just behind the scientist and the soldier was Lieutenant Colonel Choi, which confirmed to them that this was indeed the helicopter group coming in.

Their view was blocked momentarily as Colonel Matthews stood up from the officer’s table just in front of them to greet Lieutenant Colonel Choi. Dara watched their interaction for a moment and felt some relief at the thought that T.O.P.’s pain over losing Bom would be reduced somewhat by the fact that his father was alive. She wondered, though, how she might ease her own pain over losing Bom, but just as she was thinking this, she saw Bom emerge from behind Lieutenant Colonel Choi, followed by Krystal, and then Taeyeon, and then Luhan…

“Oh my god,” Dara said, her eyes filling with tears as she covered with her hand.

Thunder immediately ran up to Krystal, the two crying and embracing and kissing each other in the middle of what soon turned into a chaotic reunion, with both Dara and CL scrambling to get to Bom while Seungri made his way past to greet Taeyeon and Luhan… but this greeting was short-lived, for at that moment Seungri was rendered frozen by the sight of Daesung and Minzy, both of whom he was sure had died.

G-Dragon, still sitting in the back with the Winner boys, looked curiously toward the scene unfolding at the front of the room and then slowly stood as he began to recognize the faces. The cards fell from his hand when he saw Daesung amongst those standing there.

“You dropped your cards,” Minho said, oblivious to what was happening. But then he saw G-Dragon suddenly leave and run through the tables full of civilians to the front of the room where the new arrivals continued to flood into the space.

The EXO boys sitting nearby also saw G-Dragon suddenly run up front and all turned to look in that direction. They quickly spotted Luhan looking somewhat lost in the middle of the crowd, as he was just standing still with wide eyes, like a deer in headlights.

“Lulu,” Lay whispered.

Kris grabbed the boys up by their sleeves. “Come on!” he yelled, before sliding across the table and running up front with everyone else.

The back of the room, full of the idols whom had taken the plane, was soon swept up and interlaced in the middle with the idols whom had taken the helicopters, the meeting of these two halves a joyous collision full of life and color in an otherwise sterile quarantine area.

Deep in the heart of this crowd, Seungri was hugging Daesung so tightly that he was nearly cutting off his hyung’s ability to breathe.  

“Yah, you’re going to suffocate me,” Daesung said, smiling as he hugged him back.

Seungri finally parted from the hug, the tears drowning his eyes. “We thought you were dead,” he said. “I don’t understand…”

Daesung was about to turn and point to Jong Kook, Ji Hyo, and Luhan behind him and let Seungri know that he and Minzy owed their lives to those three, but G-Dragon swooped in at that moment and nearly threw himself atop Daesung.

“You’re alive!” G-Dragon squealed as he squeezed Daesung even more tightly than Seungri had. “Oh my god, how…”

Seungri stepped back to give G-Dragon and Daesung more room and looked around at all the people crying and hugging around him. Just beside him, the four 2ne1 girls were huddled close, their faces streaked with tears as Minzy explained how she and Daesung had survived. Luhan was doing the same, telling the other members of EXO-M about his journey out of the base and about that long helicopter ride to Australia. Far across the crowd, Krystal, Taeyeon, and Seohyun had brought Thunder over to see that his sunbaenim, Rain, was alive, and the five of them were now talking and full of smiles. Seungri did a double-take on both Rain and Seohyun, confused as to how they were amongst the group, as he didn’t remember seeing them at the base. And then he noticed that, standing just behind Rain and Seohyun were Eun Ju, Kyung Eun, and the children. Realizing then that Lieutenant Colonel Choi had stopped to get those they had left behind on Sido, he let loose the tears that had been welling up in his eyes and began looking around for Hyun Suk.

Hyun Suk was standing near the back of the crowd, having just been encircled by the Winner boys, none of whom had seen their boss since the apocalypse began.

“Ai, Seungri-yah!” Hyun Suk called out, as he saw Seungri cutting between Jinwoo and Taehyun. He pulled the maknae against his chest and patted his back. “I hope you haven’t been giving these Australian officers any trouble.”

“What? What trouble would I give them?”

“I don’t know, Seungri-yah,” Hyun Suk said, laughing. “Somehow, you just always find yourself in trouble.”

Seungri smiled. “Glad to have you back, boss.”

“I’m glad to be back, Seungri-yah. Not that I missed any of you or anything.”

“Sure, sure, you know you love us,” Seungri said.

“But he loves me the most!” G-Dragon loudly said as he then cut between the others to greet Hyun Suk. Daesung had told G-Dragon that Hyun Suk was there, and upon seeing him now, G-Dragon wanted to joke and brush off his return, but he found that he was incapable of downplaying the emotions he felt upon seeing his boss and could do nothing but hug him silently and try his hardest to hold back his tears.

“Don’t ever leave me again, Jiyong,” Hyun Suk said, smiling as he parted from the hug. “I mean that, Jiyong! I expect you at my side at all times. Starting now.”

“Whatever you say, boss,” G-Dragon said, smiling now, too.

Hyun Suk breathed in deeply and glanced over the crowd, eyeing all the lost idols coming together. “Ai, Jiyong-ah, what do you think about a new girl group. A trio. Krystal, Taeyeon, and Seohyun.”

G-Dragon glanced back at Seungri, confused, and then turned back to Hyun Suk, but before he could answer, Hyun Suk continued dreamily assembling new groups.

“Yah, maybe those B.A.P. boys with V and Jackson. I’m thinking Rain could stay solo… maybe collaborate with Se7en… or maybe with Gary… or Jong Kook…”

G-Dragon smiled and shook his head. “Are you trying to save K-pop?”

Hyun Suk looked intently at G-Dragon. “As a matter of fact, that’s exactly what I’m hoping to do.”

“Wait… did you say Seohyun? And Rain?”

Hyun Suk nodded. “Jihoon and Seohyun showed up at Sido not long after you all left,” he said. “See what you miss when you leave!”

G-Dragon laughed. “All right, okay… I said already that I’ll never leave you again.”

“Good,” Hyun Suk. “I want that in writing.” He looked around the crowd again, smiling as he watched his children take turns petting Caesar. He heard Gary tell the children that Caesar was not the only dog anymore and that Australia was filled with animals they’ve never even seen before. Hyun Suk smiled as he listened to this, feeling incredibly grateful that his children would be able to lead normal lives once they were granted permission to leave the quarantine area.

The Air Vice Marshal had informed Hyun Suk and the others that they would need to stay on base for at least a week, just to make sure that there was no danger. Afterward, the government would grant them special citizenship and provide them with temporary housing and a stipend until they were able to get on their feet again. Hyun Suk had no interest in staying in this housing or accepting a stipend. He had plenty of money in an international bank, enough to bankroll a new company and help everyone get started in their new lives.

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were just talking with the 2ne1 girls about these new lives that lay ahead of them.

“What do you girls think you’ll do when we get out of here?” Ji Hyo asked, as she bounced Dream lightly in her arms.

Minzy knew that she had been given a second chance at life and didn’t want to waste it. “All I know is that no matter what we end up doing, I’m going to treasure each day,” she said.

“What about you two?” CL asked.

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo turned and smiled at each other.

“Maybe try for a little sister or brother for Dream,” Jong Kook said, putting his arm around Ji Hyo. The two of them, wanting to pay their respects to Dream’s real parents, decided that if their new baby was a boy, they would name him Dong Hoon after Haha, and if it was a girl, that they would name her Go Eun after Byul.

“I wonder if Jiyong wants kids,” Dara said, blushing and biting her lip.

Bom placed her hand on her belly. “Have any of you seen Tabi?” she asked.

“Oh!” CL exclaimed, realizing that Bom hadn’t seen T.O.P. yet. “Oh my god, he’s in his room and probably doesn’t even know you’re even here! He’s going to be so happy to see you!”

Dara pointed Bom in the direction of T.O.P.’s room and told her to let him know that his father was here, too.

“I will,” Bom said, as she breathed in deeply and wandered away from the reunion to the back corner. As the excited voices behind her began to fade, she felt, in the place of that excitement, a sort of muted melancholy. She couldn’t explain it, but it was almost like she could feel the sadness from T.O.P.’s room before she even arrived.

She knocked at the door, waiting for him to answer. After a moment, she saw the knob slowly turn and the door open just a crack.

T.O.P. peeked out, expecting to see V and Jackson again, or maybe Jiyong this time, but instead, he saw what he could only surmise was Bom’s ghost. He felt the stinging dryness of his eyes from having cried out all of his tears but was unable to look away or even blink, as he was afraid that if he did, the hallucination would disappear.

“Can I come in?” she asked, trying to peer through the narrow opening.

Without saying anything and still without taking his eyes off her, T.O.P. opened the door.

Once he did, Bom bolted toward him and wrapped her arms tightly around his waist, her cheek pressed against his chest. “I missed you so so so much,” she said, crying now.

T.O.P. blinked away the dryness of his eyes as he slowly enclosed his arms around her and dropped his head to rest atop hers, breathing in the scent of her hair and recognizing it immediately as hers. She wasn’t a ghost. Her body was warm against his, and her eyes as she now looked up at him were full of brightness.

He wanted to say something but his lips, finding no words, instead beckoned him to kiss her. He gently lifted her chin to meet his face and pressed his lips softly against hers. It felt like their first kiss at first with a sense of hesitance and shyness, but the kiss soon became something deeper, greater, as their mutual excitement over being together took hold, their mouths now crashing against each other’s, desperately searching for an ultimate closeness, a sort of union that could never be broken.

“My god, I love you so much,” he whispered, as his cheek brushed against hers, the two now holding each other, unable to let go. “You’re really here,” he quietly said. “You’re alive.”

Bom pulled away slightly to look into his eyes. “Your father saved me,” she said. “He’s here, too.”

T.O.P. searched for words again but could only muster one. “How?” he asked.

“I’ll tell you, but there’s something more important we need to talk about first,” she said, as she reached for his hand. She placed his palm flat against her stomach, holding his hand there as she looked at him with anxious eyes.

T.O.P., confused, looked down at his hand on her stomach and then back up at her as the quiet realization that he would soon be a father swept over him. “Are you… are you pregnant?”

Bom nodded, smiling and biting her lip.

T.O.P. brought his hand to his mouth, his dry eyes finding tears yet again. But then a sudden panic struck him as he began worrying about her health. “You need to sit and rest!” he said, grabbing her hand as he led her over to the cot. “Did you drink enough water today? Did you eat?”

“Yes, I’m fine,” Bom said, as she sat down beside him on the cot. “I’m fine, I promise.”

“What can I do? Can I do anything for you?”

“Just hold me and love me forever,” she said, resting her head against his chest.

He wrapped his arms around her, his heart racing and his thoughts wild as he imagined their future wedding, their family home, and their health and happiness for many, many years to come.

 


 

THE END

 

A/N: Thank you so much for subscribing to, reading, commenting on, and upvoting this story! I really appreciate your support! While I’m sad to see this series end, I’m glad that these characters will all go on to live normal, happy lives ^_^

Now that the K-Pocalypse series is over, I’m about to embark on a new fanfic adventure and would love for you to join me! Click on the title to check it out: YG Starship Intergalactic Tour

I’m sure you’ll enjoy it! It’s going to be a crazy fun ride with lots of love and laughter! Oh, and by the way, there’s a tiny odd detail somewhere on the foreword page for this new story ~ if you find it and are the first to comment with the correct answer, I’ll gift you 100 karma! Be sure to leave the comment on that story page rather than here, so as not to confuse K-Pocalypse readers with this weird comment about another story haha.

Thanks again, dear readers!