Chapter 2 - Café

Days Once Upon a Time

Chapter 2 - Bubbletea

 

Saeyoon:

 

“ It’s nice to be back in Tongyeong… “ I said cheerily.

 

“ ….Yes. “ D.O replied.

 

Should I meet his eyes or advert them? Quickly looking Kyungsoo in the eyes, I could see that he was staring at me… and intensely too.

 

“ D.O! You know, you’ll never get any girls if you continue to stare at people like that! “ I joked, “  Your eyes scream, ‘DIE. NOW.’”

 

“ Heh, you do know that I don’t want to do that… I am trying my best not to! “ He said, a little poutingly. “ Besides… I don’t want a girl. “ Kyungsoo said, continuingly staring at me.

 

“ Eh? You’re still saying that after so many years? “ I could feel my heart flutter a little.

 

An image of Kyungsoo as a young child, flashed through my mind. “ I-I-I L-LIKE YOU! “

 

He said those words right before I left for Seoul… They still echo through my mind sometimes and makes my heartbeat increase. But how evil am I. To have kept him waiting so many years. Without him being impatient for an answer, or finding another girl while I was gone.

 

But. I can’t answer to him… Not yet that is…

 

“ Buzzz, buzz.. “ My phone vibrated in my pocket, making me jump. I checked my phone,

 

Oh Sehun

 

“ Aren’t you going to answer that? “ D.O questioned.

 

“ I...Uh… Heh, yes… “ I blushed. “ Y-Yobosayo? Ahh… Sehun. What’s up? No… I’m just at a cafe with a… friend. Oh, okay, see you. “

 

“ Who was that? “ D.O asked, tilting his head, causing his bangs to fall into his left eye.

 

“ Ah… That was.. A colleague of mine. “ I answered, fidgeting.

 

“ Oh… Modeling? “

 

“ Yep. “

 

An awkward silence overcame us.

 

“ So… This guy… Sehun was it? He works with you? “

“ Um… Yeah. Sehun, Oh Sehun. He was the first friend I made in Seoul… “ I smiled a little, Sehun’s face popping up in my mind.

 

“ W-what’s so great about this Sehun guy that you became friends with him? “ Kyungsoo asked a little defensively.

 

“ Well.. He’s very mischievous and cheerful, but he’s kind to you too when you’re feeling down.. And he’s always smiling. That’s what I like most about him. “

 

“ Oh… so like the opposite of me… “ D.O said with a slightly bitter tone.

 

“ But I like you both! “ I cried out, ready to reassure.

 

“ Hmm... Saeyoon, I have something to show you. C'mon, it’s time we went. “ D.O said, holding out his hand for me.


“ Ahh… OK. “ I said, placing my hand in D.O’s palm. It was warm, comforting and sended little electric zaps through my body.