Chapter 1 - We Meet Again

Days Once Upon a Time

We Meet Again- D.O:

“ Did you hear?! A beautiful girl has come to town! It seems her name is Saeyoon! “

 

“ Oh that seems mysterious. Why would a city girl deside to reside here? “

 

My ears perked, at the mention of the name ‘Saeyoon.’ She...She’s back! I thought excitedly, jumping over tree roots and little streams. I’ve been waiting for this moment for 10 years. I’ll finally get to see that girl’s smiling face, the way she lightened my heart when she laughed…

 

We made a promise 10 years ago… 10 years ago, before she moved to the city of Seoul, we promised we would meet back here again. By the flowing water, near the mountains.

10 years have gone by and I still wait for this day. Arriving at the exact spot we made the promise, my breath caught. A girl with long, fair hair stood on some boulders, looking into a little steam.

 

“ Sae- “

“ Kyungsoo… We meet again. “ Saeyoon spoke.

She looked exactly as I imagined she would. Twinkling eyes, a gentle aura and…. there was something missing. The girl looked as if a part of her heart had been ripped out of her chest… The life in her seemed dull and meaningless...

“ Saeyoon… What, what happened to you?

 

“ Huh? What do you mean what happened to me? Aren’t you happy to see me?! “ She asked, life suddenly springing into her.

 

“ Oh uh, you just seemed… strange for a second. “

 

“ Ahaha, was I? Sorry, I was just thinking. “ She laughed, ruffling her hair.

 

I narrowed my eyes. She only ruffles her hair if she’s distressed… What could have happened these past years that I don’t know about?

 

“ Anyway, it’s good to see you again. “ She said, running into my arms.

 

It caught me so off guard, I started to blush and stammer.

 

“ Y-yeah. Uhm.. Would you like to go get some bubble tea? “

“ Would I?! Thanks! You’re the best. “

 

Ahaha. There goes my heart again. Do I have a cold? I questioned myself.

-