Chapter 1

Shoot to Stardom

"Sungyeol-ah," a tired sounding voice said when the face time call finally got through. 

"Oh, Myungsoo, are you tired?" Sungyeol answered to his boyfriend with a worried look. Myungsoo chuckled. 

"I am, but I always have to hear your voice and see you before I sleep." Myungsoo said as Sungyeol rolled his eyes. 

"You're so lame." Sungyeol teased. They stayed quiet for a bit, just looking at each other through the camera. Sungyeol breathed out lightly, "I miss you, Myungsoo." 

Myungsoo sighed as he shut his eyes, "Yeol, we've talked about this... I miss you too... but you know..." It's been exactly 3 months since Myungsoo moved out his and Sungyeol's small apartment near the university and into a dorm shared with his manager. It's been exactly 39 days, 21 hours and 4 minutes since Sungyeol last saw Myungsoo in person. 

Sungyeol smiled lightly, "I know, but I just wanted to tell you. I miss you, but I'm happy for you. You'll get to live your dream soon." 

Myungsoo ruffled his hair, "Speaking of which, I heard news that they might speed up my debut." 

"That's great! When?" 

"In a few weeks, they plan to announce it in a week or so. That's when I start filming my first music video!" Myungsoo said casually. 

But Sungyeol could see the gleam of excitement in his eyes. "Congrats, Myung. You know, you already have fans? I saw a couple as I passed by the Woolim building." 

"I always had a fan, Yeol.... you!" 

Sungyeol rolled his eyes again as he let out a laugh, "Oh shut up, Myung! You know what I mean!" 

Myungsoo had a cat-like grin on his face. "Admit it, you'll always be my number one fan." 

"Of course, Myungsoo. And you'll always be mine..." While Myungsoo's dream was to be a musician, Sungyeol aspired to be an actor. He auditioned frequently for roles in the plays at the university, but more than often it went to someone else. Myungsoo always thought Sungyeol was an amazing actor and deserved the main role, but it seems as if the director always envisioned Sungyeol as more of a background actor, aka an extra. Sungyeol tried not to let it get to him, and that seemed to have paid off recently since he finally got a callback (it was certainly not because the new director thought he was cute, oh no). Though Sungyeol was dying to tell Myungsoo about it, he didn't want to jinx it, so he decided he would tell Myungsoo if he actually got the part. "How was training with Dongwoo hyung and Howon today?" 

"Don't even get me started, Yeol..." Myungsoo mumbled, "Your cousin is such a perfectionist, I don't even know how Dongwoo hyung deals with him!" 

Sungyeol laughed out loud. "Howon has been like that since we were kids. I remember this one time: it was his mom's birthday and we had to throw a party for her, and he would nag us about the banner being crooked and the balloons not having enough air in them. The worst part was that we were 8! Like, it was the adults doing all the decorations and stuff and he still told them what to do. I remember my mom getting so irritated she almost locked him in my room!" When Sungyeol looked back at the camera, Myungsoo was fast asleep. Sungyeol smiled lightly to himself before snuggling into his own bed, checking that his lamp was still on (he couldn't sleep alone in the dark without Myungsoo, as embarrassing as it was) and that he didn't hang up on Myungsoo. Smiling at his sleeping boyfriend in the camera, Sungyeol whispered, "Goodnight, Myungsoo. I love you..." 


Sungyeol and Myungsoo met in their final year of high school when Sungyeol moved to Seoul to live with his cousin, Howon who had dropped out a year before to focus on his training at Woolim Entertainment. Though Sungyeol moved to live with Howon, Howon had ended up moving into a dorm with his potential partner for debut, so Sungyeol was all alone in a small two bedroom apartment. On his first day of school, Sungyeol accidentally bumped into Myungsoo, causing the taller to drop his iced americano on the ground. Sungyeol apologized, and Myungsoo brushed him off, showing Sungyeol his grand reputation of being the school's talented and handsome, yet cold, ice prince. Sungyeol stomped after the boy and pulled him back, demanding an apology in a firm voice. To say Myungsoo was surprised was an understatement because almost everyone let him get away with that. But, he was also slightly intrigued. Myungsoo shrugged Sungyeol's hand off and raised an eyebrow. "Sorry, bro." 

Sungyeol rolled his eyes. Their little scene was gathering quite a lot of attention. "That's not a proper apology!" 

Myungsoo frowned. "Look, apologizing isn't really my cup of tea, so that's the most you're getting, okay new kid?" 

Sungyeol let out an annoyed sigh. "Well, you should really learn to make it your cup of tea...Tell you what, you show me to my first class and we'll call it even. Then we can go our separate ways." 

Myungsoo sighed, "Fine, show me your schedule, new kid." 

"I have a name, you know." the taller huffed. 

"As do I, now get on with it. I have a class too, you know." Myungsoo retorted. Sungyeol rolled his eyes as he showed Myungsoo the schedule. "Looks like your in luck, because we have about 3 classes together--starting with this science class." 

"Aren't I lucky." Sungyeol deadpanned. Myungsoo ignored him and began walking, expecting the new kid to follow behind him. Myungsoo liked to walk alone unless he was with Sungjong, his only real friend since like 3rd grade. Sungyeol followed behind the raven haired boy, mumbling nearly silent curses at the shorter. When Myungsoo reached the room, he sat in his seat--which was in the back, near the window. No one sat beside him, so he plopped his black backpack in the seat next to his and rested his head on the desk. The new kid had gone up to the teacher, so Myungsoo didn't really want to deal with it. 

"Class, we have a new student. Please introduce yourself." 

Myungsoo lifted his head and eyed the tall boy. "Uh... my name is Lee Sungyeol. I just moved here from Busan. Please take care of me!" 

Lee Sungyeol, huh? 

"Welcome to Gyeonggi-do High. Sungyeol, why don't you go sit with Kim Myungsoo in the back... that seems to be our last seat. Kim Myungsoo, raise your hand. Congrats Myungsoo, you finally have a lab partner. This will be permanent. No complaints." 

Myungsoo groaned, he was planning to never talk to this kid again. He reluctantly raised his hand, and Sungyeol seemed to raise his eyebrow. 

Kim Myungsoo, huh? 


 

Hi guys! Sorry this took so long for me to post! I'll try to update more often now. So, I've decided i would do it like this... a snippet of the present, and a snippet of how Myungsoo and Sungyeol got together. If you guys don't like this, please tell me! 

Thank you so much for reading and subscribing! I can't believe this story got so many subscribers before I even posted chapter one. 

Thanks again. Please leave me your comments and criticism, I really appreciate it! I love you guys!!