The Ambrosia: X or O?

The Ambrosia: X or O? (Sequel of Pink Rose)
The Ambrosia:X or O?

It was an evident cloudy day and the sky had turned dark with the heavy clouds threatening to unleash the raindrops that it's been holding in. The gloomy weather is as gloomy and complicated as what I'm feeling that day. I kept on tossing and turning on my bed, trying to free myself from the confusing thoughts. I turned to look at my study table and spotted the white scented envelope and the stalk of pink rose in the vase. That's when my head started aching again. Just thinking of what happened yesterday was more than enough to disturb my inner peace.

 

I decided not to go to school that day, telling a lame excuse to my parents that I wasn't feeling good. Well, it was half true though. I really didn't feel like going just to face Jenny and try to act all normal after what happened. I wasn't even able to tell her about Kai's sudden confession, and I don't think I have the heart to do so, when that same day she had her heart broken by the same person. And to think, it will all come down to one reason. It's all because of me, her most trusted bestfriend. It's awful just to think about it.

 

"Hey Jas, why didn't you come to school today? Are you sick?" she asked me over the phone. Having her worry like this just made me feel worst.

 

"I'm feeling much better now. Just got some throbbing headache" I answered, which was true. I couldn't even sleep last night, thinking of how to untangle myself from the complicated situation. "So, how was school today?"

 

"Oh, it was the same old boring routine" I heard her groan. "Did you know that Kai was absent too? I heard the boys said that he went home very late last night, soaking wet because of the heavy rain. He was apparently waiting for someone that didn't show up"

 

And there it goes, my other reason on why I decided to be absent from school. I was kind of hesitant to face him after ditching him yesterday. Yeah, I choose not to show up, and I feel bad now, knowing that he got sick because of me. So much for the cliché. I was just so confuse of what to do, and more importantly, I was afraid to admit to myself that I was actually attracted to him. I started to have feelings for him, and I'm worried that it's deeply worst than I expected.

 

There was something in his brown eyes and dashing smile that got me captivated. I was even terrified of myself when I finally realized what I'm starting to feel. I should have heed the warning to not let my guard down whenever he's around. He is considered a chick-magnet in the first place, so I should have known better. I feel like I betrayed myself and unconsciously became one of his latest heart conquest. I never even dream of becoming a part of his oggling admirers, but I suddenly realized that I was wrong. And that notion had shattered into pieces when I let him invade my clueless, defenseless heart.

 

That moment alone, I knew in myself that I was in big trouble. So then, during the tutoring, I purposely cut the sessions short and try to let him and Jenny have their moments alone, setting aside the feelings that's building in me. I deliberately battled myself that time, knowing that my very intention was to play the invisible bridge between him and Jenny, and not to come in between. I didn't know that my plan would someday backfire at me. Blame it all to the tutoring sessions that had all of us messed up and tangled in this twarting scenario.

 

"And Jas," she continued on. "that greasy Baekhyun kept on bugging me for a date. What should I do with him, ottokhae?!"

 

"Well, there's no mystery about that. He's really a stubborn guy. Whatever you decide, just follow what your heart says"

 

And true enough, Baekhyun pursued in his quest to get Jenny's affection. I don't know how it really happened but she suddenly gave in and decided to give it a try. I'm guessing that she actually gave up due to Baekhyun's constant bugging and whinning. He's just that persistent. I don't have anything against him though, he's a really nice guy. All of them are.

 

So, while they consume themselves in their own chasing game, I on the other hand, pursued in my own hide and seek game, trying to stay away from EXO's vicinity whenever possible. I mean, I couldn't stay at home everyday just to keep away from them. I have envisioned a brighter future ahead of me. So I also need to attend on my classes if I wanted to graduate.

 

Besides, the University is wide enough to maintain our distance, so I guess I could stay away from them, afterall. But then, I didn't rely on that consoling fact alone. Because I know, eventually, I will have to face them when fate allows it. And that fateful day finally came one afternoon. I was so engrossed in hiding away from Kai, taking careful steps backwards, when I didn't notice someone was behind me. I was just a bit lucky that the one I bumped into was only Suho and not their entire group.

 

I suddenly tensed up and wanted to run away the moment I saw his face, but something in my guts told me that I have some settling situation that I need to talk over with him. Afterall, he's also involve in this mess because, same with Kai, he confessed to me too. That instant, I finally made up my mind to tell him the truth. That I really can't reciprocate his feelings. I told him that I can't offer him anything more that friendship.

 

He kept silent throughout the conversation and I started to mentally freak out when he didn't say anything but gave me a weak smile. I finally felt relieved when he said that it was alright. He accepted my decision and said that we can always remain friends after that. This is what I hate the most about unpredictable romance bloosoming without warning. I feel bad rejecting people because I've been there before, and it's not okay at all. He may feign his disappointment behind his sweet smile but his actions showed it all. I even saw how his shoulders had deflated and walked away feeling dejected.

 

A week after that, my most dreaded day finally came like a bittersweet refrain. I then realized that I haven't solve all my problems yet. I still have to handle the situation with Kai. Which further reminds me that I have to attend my Calculus class, with him in it. I already purposely missed three meetings, and I don't think the professor would go easy on me if I keep on ditching his class too.

 

I came in at the last minute to avoid talking with him during the free time. The moment I sat on the class, I couldn't even give my full attention to the lesson when I know for a fact that Kai was right there, just five tables away from me. I kept on fidgeting and my hands are sweating like crazy whenever I see in my pheripheral vision, that he kept stealing glances or more on staring at me. I even started to mentally try to control time to end the torturous class.

 

When the bell rang, I immediately shot my senses to alert mode and hurriedly dashed out of the classroom even before the professor could say that were dismissed. Thank heavens that my seat is actually situated right beside the door, so I easily sprinted away in a matter of seconds. But my agony didn't end there when my fate had initiated to meddle with my very existence that day.

 

Why? Because unfortunately, Kai decided to run after me. I was not even halfway pass the corridors when I heard him called out to me despite the herd of crowding students. Then, the next second, I already felt him grabbed on my wrist and dragged me towards the isolated Auditorium building. I tried to squirm away, but he's just too strong for a match with my weak self.

 

"Hey, what's wrong? You were absent for 3 consecutive meetings. Did something happened?" he questioned and casted a worried look at me with his brown eyes. He tried to reach out and touch my face but I flinched and moved away.

 

I saw the sad look that washed over his face when I moved back. Then, as if he realized something, he narrowed his gaze at me and reluctantly asked, "Wait, are you perhaps avoiding me?"

 

"W-what?! N-no!" I somehow stuttered a reply. Gosh, I'm such a big liar. "I'm just busy, that's all"

 

"Is this about the other day?" he deeply sighed before continuing. "I must have really scared you with my sudden confession, and I'm sorry about that. I should have given you enough time to decide before blatantly ask you out on a date"

 

"Errm...about that" I trailed off and looked down. "You know that Jenny is my bestfriend, right? And she.... she likes you. She even confess to-"

 

"And I politely rejected her" he cut me off. "I don't like to give her false hopes when I know for a fact that my heart is desiring for someone else. If it's your friendship with Jenny that keeps you confuse with me, then I would gladly talk to her. I'll make her understa-"

 

"No! Please, don't" I hurriedly refused. If there's anyone who should tell her about it, it's no other than me. It's suppose to be me. "I would like to talk to her myself. I was just waiting for the appropriate time"

 

"Then I'm willing to wait" he smiled as he tilted my chin to look at him. "I don't like to see you flinching and running away from me. I don't think I could endure it. It hurts me thrice the pain, right here" he said and placed my palm on his left chest.

 

At that sudden gesture, I suddenly felt my heart pounded crazily like its about to jump out of my ribcage. Afraid that I might collapse because of my weakening knees, I immediately snatched my hand away and started to leave. I quicken my steps, afraid that he might catch up to me so easily. I'm glad he didn't, cause I don't have anything else to say.

 

Days passed by and I deliberately tried to somehow reveal everything to Jenny. My most awaited time finally arrived when I saw her once again, seated under the cherry blossom tree where we usually hang out during both our free time. I squatted and lay beside her, wrapping my hands around one of her arm on the process.

 

"Jen, I have something important to tell you" I deeply sighed and looked at her eyes, trying to search for her soul for some hint of forgiveness. She then nudged my shoulder to urge me on.

 

"I-it's about Kai~"

 

"What about him?" she nonchalantly replied. Looking at her now makes me want to squirm away from nervousness. But I couldn't let this chance pass on. This is the moment I've been waiting to reveal everything.

 

"H-he confessed to me a few weeks ago" I said and buried my face in my palms with utmost shame.

 

"I already know about that" she shortly replied which made my head snapped in shocked to look at her. "Yeah, he did it the same day I confessed to him. It somehow slipped out from Baekhyun's mouth during our first date"

 

"I-I'm really sorry" I started to cry out of guiltiness. I just wanted the ground to swallow me alive now and lock me in a dungeon of shame. "I didn't mean to-"

 

"It's alright" she embraced me and patted my back. "Besides, we can't control someone's feelings. Loving someone doesn't mean that the other person is obliged to love us back. It doesn't work that way"

 

"But how about your feelings for him?"

 

"I'm starting to get over him now" she smiled at me. A genuine smile that I didn't know she could still give me despite everything that happened. "I know you started liking him too. But you're just afraid to admit it because you're guilty towards me"

 

I kept silent at her statement. Everything she said was true, and I feel so depressed knowing that she knew everything all along. I felt like I'm an open book when I'm with her. She can easily see through me like a transparent glass without an ounce of scrutiny.

 

"And to lessen your burden, I want you to know that I'm now officially dating that greasy Baekhyun. I decided to give him a chance. So whatever you decide now, I want you to follow your heart too" she cheekily smiled and winked at me.

 

I went home feeling much relieved that day. As if a heavy burden had been lifted out from both my back and chest. I couldn't feel more happy and contented that I made it through the tangles I've been through. I now realized that it's not an easy job to play as the 'bridge' in romance when you're not ready to face the consequences that lies around it. It can actually trap you in an absolute bewilderness.

 

I was about to open my notes that night to start reviewing my lessons. But I suddenly stopped flipping through the pages when I heard my parents mumbling about a creepy stranger outside. I even saw my father fumbling over the phone, ready to call the police for assistance. I darted out of my room and took a peek of the said stranger. And my eyes grew wide in shock when I realized who it was.

 

I immediately grabbed an umbrella and rushed out of the house, running passed my freaked-out parents. I was out of their sight before they could even drag me back in. I pushed back all their warning rants, asking me what the hell I was doing and how dangerous and reckless my actions are. They even told me that I could be stabbed to death. Heck, like that would even happen. I perfectly know what I was doing, and I definitely know that stranger outside, drenched under the pouring rain.

 


"Oh my God! Kim Jongin, is that you?" I asked incredulously.

 

He was half-drowning in pouring rain, the flowers in his hand were looking totally miserable, and here I was comfortably protected against the evil weather with a large umbrella. What is he even doing here at this hour of night? A stormy night to be exact.

 

"You scared my parents, you know. My mother thought you're a serial killer standing out in the rain and watching over our house like planning to break in and murder us in our sleep. My father almost called the police, then I realized I recognize you"

 

He just stared at me. His hair is dripping wet with raindrops that cascades down on his handsome face. It seemed almost impossible that the ever amazing Campus hearthrob Kai, had found his way outside my house, totally drenched with rain, and standing right infront of me. The ordinary and plain, me.

 

"What are you doing here?" I asked. "And why do you have flowers?"

 

"They're for you" he shoved them into my hand.

 

"T-thank you. Now tell me, what are you really doing here?"

 

"You know why" he pouted and rub his nape with embarassment.

 

"No. Tell me."I somehow became annoyed. How was I supposed to know when he didn't tell me he was coming over. I didn't even tell him my address in the first place. Wait! Oh~ right, Jenny must have told him.

 

"Jasmine," he began. "I realized that I don't have to rush things over. When something's meant for me, it will end up with me no matter what. But-" he stopped.

 

"Yes?" I urged him on.

 

"But then, I also realized that not everything I have stays forever. And there are things I'll be gladly and persistently fight for just to have them longer or even forever. Do you get me?"

 

"Go on. I'm listening"

 

"I'm sorry for causing you all of these confusion. But the truth is, I just couldn't let you go. Not now, not ever and definitely not without a fight"

 

"I'll be honest with you, Jongin" I contemplated in my thoughts as I saw a small smile crept onto his lips when I choose to utter his real name. "You will be my first romance and I'm willing to take a chance with you. But if I give you my heart, will you promise not to tear it apart?"

 

"Well, let me be honest with you too then. I can't promise that I won't be hurting you. It's inevitable when it comes to love" he earnestly stated. "But even if I know that I could, I won't even gonna try. I can't promise to solve all your problems, but I promise that you won't have to face them alone. Because you will have me by your side. Always."

 

He paused and looked straight into my eyes, burning through my inner soul with his intense fiery gaze. There was a moment of silence between us before he spoke again, cutting through the cold breeze dessiminated by the rainy night ambiance.

 

"So, will you fight for this love, with me?" his eyes glowed with ardent anticipation and nervousness.

 

I took a deep breath and finally said with a smile on my face. "I will......Absolutely!"

 

For a minute, he looked at me in total daze and was caught-up in moments of utterly shock. As if his mind couldn't comprehend what I said and his ears seem to refuse in believing what he just heard. When he came back from his reverie, he started to take a step towards me. But I raised my hand for a pause to stop him.

 

"Wait! What would I get in return?" I asked and he momentarily looked a bit confuse but suddenly gain confidence in his next move.

 

"Well~" he drags on his sentence as if planning something mischievous in his thoughts. "It depends on your answer to my question" he said while looking at me intently, like piercing his stares and searching through my very soul.

 

"If it is between an X or an O, what would you choose?"

 

"What?!" I raised my eyebrows at him in confusion. I don't know whether he was just playing some algebraic equation at me or what. He really is something. But then, there's really no harm in answering it, right?

 

"I choose...........both?!" I obliviously replied, not sure if I decided for the best choice of picking both. What the heck do I know about it? I mean, X is always paired up with Y, and not with O, right? Is he stupid or what? Everybody knows that's the basic formula in Math!

 

I saw him deviously smirked at me, if that was even possible, and that alone made me quiver and send chills along my spine. The next thing I know is, the umbrella I was holding was thrown away and I was drenched in rain. Then, in a split second, I found myself wrapped in his tight embrace and his plump lips were lingering on mine. Sealing it with a sweet kiss.

 

"There you have it! Your X and your O" he victoriously declared after pulling away. "And I must say, you really made the best choice, babe" he smiled and winked at me while I was left in a trance with the pinkish hint of blush plastered across my face.

 

"Oh, and were you the one who left the Ambrosia flower inside my locker?" he curiously asked and I just nodded with a smile. "Why? What does it mean?"

 

"That would be too late now, but anyways, it's for me to know and for you to find out" I sticked out my tongue and giggled at him as he scratched his head with a confuse face.

 

"Hah! I will find out soon" he confidently retorted with a smirk. "Babe, you can hide and run away from me, but not your heart, because it knows it belongs to me" he finally said and dipped down to give a chaste kiss on my lips, again.

 

 Now, with everything that had happened, the old adage had seemed more clearer to me. That even though you'll hurt the person who trully loves you, and even though how many times you push him away, he will still continue on loving you. Because even though he's badly hurt, he clearly knows that it's only with you that he'll find his true happiness.

 

And now, looking back at my younger years, I used to dream of finding my own fairytale. But then I realized that finding him, Kim Jongin, is even better, because what we have is not only a tell-tale journey, but a true and real love story. And that love story doesn't end here, but it's just the beginning of everything.

 

 

How was the sequel guys? Did I made it worth the wait? I'm sorry it took me long enough to post it because I try to edit it again and again until I'm finally satisfied with what it came to be.

 

By the way, are you curious of what the Ambrosia flower meant?

Well, according to the language of flowers and its meanings, the Ambrosia flower means Reciprocated Love.

 

Kekeke... That's why Jasmine said it's too late to know the meaning because she already said yes to Kai before he even found out what it means.

 

Please leave some constructive comments. I'll really appreciate it.  Kamsahamnida!!