Different stars

Good Girls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♥ 3 Cracks - Different stars

 

 

 

It started off like the fireworks sparking into the night sky, but as the day progressed the embers died out leaving nothing but smog drifting about in the air. Lunch had not come around yet, and school had already worn every single soul in the student body worn down. Some more tired than others for multiple reasons. As Ms. Kim faced the blackboard in an attempt to explain the concepts of the equations essential to complete the chapters assigned for the day; Byul jotted down the notes diligently. With years of experience up her sleeves, she knew straight off the bat which seat provided maximised learning capacity. The view was perfect, the likelihood of s sitting in the front were lower, the air around that area was great even with the weather changes. Neat trick huh? It was something that she picked up on from someone else.

Byul's eyes trailed over to said the being, wondering what she had been up to only to be greeted with the sight of a girl slouched over her desk slightly as her elbow remained propped on the table to keep her head up. She almost scoffed seeing as Dareum held her phone under the desk; probably snapping photos of herself to send to her friends. Time seemed to freeze for Byul as the latter's eyes locked on hers after feeling the heavy weight of someone's stare on her. Dareum's expression hardened as she readjusted her body to block the other's view of her with her long wavy tresses curtaining her features. Byul's breath hitched after reminding herself to breathe once her lungs began to scream for salvation. Things just weren't the same anymore.

Bodies pushed against each other in a scramble to evacuate into the cafeteria once the warning bell for lunch finally rung. Byul sat in her usual desk, rolling the grains of rice around distractedly as her friends chatted animatedly with one another, filling in the blanks of each other's day with interesting happenings. The sound of the chair next to hers scraping against the floors harshly notified her of the last arrival. It wasn’t until she felt someone's shoulder nudging against hers a couple of times that she pulled her eyes to meet those warm brown orbs that melted the loneliness away. Her plump lips tugged into a smile before greeting him softly, "Hey, Jackson."

"Hey girl, what's with the long face?" His words rolled off of his tongue smoothly in that deep voice despite how happy he seemed to be just being there with his friends. Tugging the lid off of his lunchbox, he leaned back with an ecstatic gasp. Clapping his hands once he raised his hands over his head and hooted. "My mother has done it again, you guys. I have better lunches than you all."

"Jackson, it's just bulgogi, you need to calm down, man" Mark scoffed once he had pulled his chair back to lean over at the display that caused such a reaction. The fella did know how to make a scene out of the simplest thing.

"Shut up, it sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter