an agreement formed.

all bets off.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He ushers through the hallways after his last class, clutching onto the strap of his bag pack. He knows he's a couple of minutes late, Sehun can easily blame himself for the cause since he didn't rush out the door beforehand. By the time he reaches his English class once again, his palm sinks onto the door to push it effortlessly to step inside.

"Sorry, Mr. Kim, it was crowded." The male explained, bowing at a certain degree as his way of apologizing.

His teacher was already up, informing the young woman about what they needed to do. Gaze falling over at the brunette, he doesn't mind and he appreciated the apology as well. "Understandable, just clean up the board and the papers in alphabetical order then, Mr. Oh."

Sehun didn't think that was a difficult task, it should be easy. Nothing to complain about either. The only challenge was to stay close to Naeun for a week or two until the bet was off.

Walking over to her, she turns to glance over at him. Holding up the eraser for the board as she speaks out. "Didn't think you'd appear at all."

"Yeah? I didn't think so either." Picking up the eraser off of her palm, holding it firmly before it presses against the board to wipe up the words that were in Hangeul and English. Turning his head to look over the shoulder, noticing how their teacher was there. Book in his hand and his glasses on his visage as well, feet tapping on the ground absentmindedly.

He wasn't too sure how to approach the situation. To keep it on the down low to prevent her feelings from getting hurt or to admit it ahead of time. Was it even appropriate to do that or was it considered cheating. The thoughts became overwhelming causing his brows to furrow, holding the eraser tighter with a small sigh.

Which Naeun obviously noticed, it was quite loud and they weren't too far away from each other. Especially when she was sitting on the chair, when given permission, so she could finish these papers. Besides she couldn't erase the board like Sehun can, the height difference was a disadvantage. 

"Hey, Naeun."

"Yes, Sehun?" She didn't exactly turn to face him. Still organizing the papers for Mr. Kim, nonetheless she was still listening to what he wanted to speak about. "You need a lending hand?"

"No." Pausing, going on the tip of his toes to get the last sentence etched on the whiteboard before he grins in satisfaction. Setting it on the bottom edge before he walks back to her when he got a chair for himself for the time being. "I'm sure you need one though."

Shaking her head in response, Naeun continues to check the first letter before it slides through the spaces in between where it belongs. "I'm fine. I'm almost done."

"You sure?" When she nods her head this time, Sehun lets it go. Firstly because the two piles were on the desk and the one on the left was slowly disappearing into the other. And his phone began to vibrate on his thigh, fishing it out as he glances through the message to check.

One New Message from Baek! ( sms ) -- Hey? How's you and Naeun? Almost done there?

He types in a message within seconds, the message, "I'll be done in a couple of minutes. I won't tell you either, it isn't any of your business." Mouthing those words, rereading it once before pressing on the sent button.

"Who's that?" She suddenly asked almost as if she was hesitant to even say it. Naeun bites down on her lip afterwards, it isn't something she needed to worry about. "If that's your girlfriend or something you can leave now. I can finish this within five minutes."

"I don't have a girlfriend." Sehun answered back, elbow resting on the table as he keeps an eye on her. "Just a friend. He's asking where I was and how we're doing."

She heard that correctly, right? She was close to laughing out of disbelief since she didn’t think he’d tell anyone he was spending time with her. Especially after class when he seems like someone who would stay close with his group of friends. Brows began to shift around the center, almost out of confusion and she taps the edge of the papers in order to stack them up neatly. "Us? You make it sound like we're an item."

"I didn't mean it like that." He raises his hand in defeat in order to clear things properly. Well, he didn't mean it like that yet. If he keeps that up, she might grow suspicious about the bet and all that runs in his mind was what occurred to Jongin and Chanyeol when the girls figured or found out on their own.

Naeun pulls back to sit more comfortably than keep a straight posture. Her fingers running through her hair in order to push it away from her cheeks and temples. "The friends you hang out with."

"What about them?"

"They were the group that made that silly bet during high school, right? You included."

Right. He almost forgot that they attended the same dance class and school together. Sehun plants his elbow on the table, cheek resting on his knuckles as he chuckles rather nervously. "You can say that."

"Oh. I figured years ago when Jongin tried to pull it with my friend, Hayoung." She explained even further. Eyeing the other, small flinches and the way his teeth grit together as if he was preventing himself to speak another word. Sehun's growing nervous, it's obvious by the way he taps his foot on the floor the way their teacher is doing. Is it too late to suddenly ask to be the first to go out? Yeah, probably. This could go wrong, completely wrong. He’s expecting her palm to press flat against his face and suddenly walk out of the door to dismiss herself. When he glances over to his side to glance at the young woman who was completing the last task they needed to do, Naeun clears . “You look twice as pale as you normally are.”

The comment makes forces him to display a calm demeanor, pretending to play it off that he was going to do anything suspicious by his timid movements were enough to understand the idea. “If that was your way of trying to be funny, it didn’t work.”

“Maybe. You can say that.” She said, getting up from her seat to bring the group of papers to their teacher to hand it to him. Letting them exchange the possession as he straightens himself. Fingers pushing the glasses up against the bridge of his nose before looking at his students with a content smile at how they completed the task faster than expected.

“I shall be going soon, thank you both for the lending hand. Hopefully you both learned a lesson from this.” Mr. Kim remarks. The strap of his bag tossed over the shoulder while heading out of the door to pick up his remaining paperwork in the teacher’s room.

“I did.” Sehun murmurs under his breath, reaching for his bag that he left on the side to pull the straps up. Sighing with fingers messily brushing through his hair as he walks out of the door. Stopping halfway to glance back at the girl who was still getting ready, deciding to stay put and wait instead of leaving so suddenly. Remembering last minute to remain chill than nervous.

“You can leave already, Sehun.”

Leaning over to the doorframe, arms folding to his chest as he nips down on the inside of his cheek absentmindedly. Unsure of whether he should leave to meet up with Baekhyun or not. “I can stay here and wait.”

Naeun wasn’t an idiot and surely enough she understands the concept that he’s trying to display so she wouldn’t know a single thing about it. It doesn’t work so easily now. There’s two reasons to it. The friends she had were connected to one of his own. And every six months to a year during high school, she’d hear the constant complaints that would emit out of their lips. Gathering up to speak about it and she would hear all their friends pointing the fingers at one certain boy, blabbering how the rest of them weren’t too good. So she decided to keep her distance the best way possible. 

Glancing down at her feet, she walks out with the other male besides her. Averting his sight as she hears another’s voice shout Sehun’s name from a mere distance.

“Ready to go now?” The shorter male asked, awaiting for his answer and right when Sehun was going to nod his head and follow close behind. 

Her voice is what made him stop momentarily. “Sehun, can we talk really quick?”

“Yeah, of course.” He was already being tugged with little effort when her fingers wrapped around his wrist to drag him to an empty corner. The embarrassment was starting to grow when he looks over the shoulder to see one of his closest friends on his phone, dialing numbers or sending messages with the biggest grin etched on the pair of lips.

When they reached the end of the hallway near the staircase, Naeun peeked over to check if his friend wasn’t following along and she turns back to face him more properly. “I know.” She boldly admits out of no where. No reason and there was no reason to sugarcoat it either. Besides, it’s better than hiding it around the bushes too.

“You know, what?” His back was resting on the wall, no expression on the face but he figured this wouldn’t last too long. He barely an attempt to convince her and his teeth meet his lower lip in anticipation.

To play it safe, the young woman presses her palm on the wall above his shoulder. Inching closer to whisper something softly into his ear, using a free hand to cup her cheek. The hot breath tickling his ear that makes him look over to every side each second to make sure that no one wasn’t going to suddenly see them in this position. Yet, that’s what the bet was about and in two weeks he just needed to cut it off. That’s how it was. “About the bet. You’re in it this time, aren’t you?”

There’s a small scoff that falls out of his lips, glancing over his shoulder the entire time as he nods his head painfully slow in defeat. He didn’t want to lie and make up an excuse, this situation was slowly fading away underneath his fingers and he could picture the amount of books stacked on his desk for him to finish for the other five men. “Maybe.”

“Really?” Pulling away briefly to face the taller male, standing on the balls of her feet in order to try and make herself taller. “Who is it?”

Sehun avoided speaking to most people who were the opposite gender due to the sensitivity they normally portray when he spills out a sudden rejection the kindest way possible. Despite how awkward it slips out from his mouth. “You.” He said gently, lips pressed together and he’s awaiting for the worst reaction that paints his imagination because he can just feel the girl close to breaking into tears. Or have the reaction Chanyeol and Jongin received with a slap on his skin.

Or so he thought.

There’s a tiny stifle of laughter that never fell out naturally, she needed to restrain herself from doing so. Honestly, it’s unexpected. Who would have thought but then again it was something that crossed her mind when her friends were a target of his group. She wasn’t exactly upset, brows were furrowed to the center as she keeps her position in order to whisper into his ear. “So how does this whole bet work?”

“Has to work for two weeks minimum and if I don’t do it, then I have to do some of their assignments.”

Maybe some of his friends were immature and they fool around from time to time. Or in Baekhyun’s per

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter