Roommates

Break Up, Pay Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

roomates

 

 

“Why do you look so…lost?” Baekhyun notes as he watches a dazed Luhan flop over on the sofa.

“Nothing,” Luhan says. He winces. He can’t lie to Baekhyun, but he must, he must, he must. Keep it in, Lu, he thinks to himself. 

“More requests?” Baekhyun asks pitifully.

“Oh, no. None today,” Luhan says quickly. He changes the topic. “I thought you were going to take a shower?”

“Oh right! I was looking for my kitty pajamas. Do you know where my kitty pajamas are?” Baekhyun asks frantically. “I can’t find them!”

Luhan scoffs. “You’re the only one I know who grieves over pajamas. Are you sure you didn’t bring them down to Sehun’s dorm when you slept over last week?” he asks.

“Oh, hm.” Baekhyun stands frozen in deep though. “I might have actually. Oh right! I wanted to show him my favorite set of pajamas. I’m a total idiot,” he laughs. “Hey if you don’t mind, do you think you can help me get them tomorrow or sometime? I have to attend a seminar tomorrow night. It ends after his building locks so I can’t go."

Luhan gags at “show him my favorite pair of pajamas.” 

“Go get them yourself some other time.”

“Please Luhan,” Baekhyun pleads and puts on a pout. “I really wanted to wear them,” he says sadly.

Luhan rolls his eyes. Why not? He had some snooping to do on Sehun anyway. Might as well take up on this great opportunity.

“Fine, but you owe me,” Luhan replies flatly.

“You’re the best!” Baekhyun squeals as he runs back into his room to retrieve another set of pajamas. “And I’m not the only one who grieves over pajamas!”

 

 

Luhan knocks on what he hopes is Sehun’s door. Baekhyun had written down the building and “Room 288” on a note but who could trust Baekhyun?

The room flies open and Luhan is greeted by someone who is definitely not Sehun. A tanned skin blonde haired boy grins at him and waggles his eyebrows.

“Hey, pretty boy, you looking for fun?” What the ?

“Uh no, but I’m looking for the kitty pajamas from Oh Sehun,” Luhan answers. 

“Huh? Kitty pajamas?” the guy asks, scrunching up his nose in confusion. “Oh! You must be Baekhyun!” he claps in realization.

“No, I’m not-“

“Let me get Sehun for you!” he says and winks before bouncing back in his room.

“-Baekhyun.”

“OH SEHUN, YOUR PRETTY BOYFRIEND IS OUTSIDE LOOKING FOR YOU!” Luhan hears from inside the room. “YOU DIDN’T TELL ME HE WAS THAT GORGEOUS!” Luhan pinches his nose in distress. He wants to kill himself.

A few seconds later, the door is pulled back and Luhan hopes its Sehun this time. He looks up - it is indeed Oh Sehun with the most confused look ever on his face.

“Uh, Luhan hyung?” he says uncertainly.

“Your friend is an idiot,” Luhan deadpans. “He thinks I’m Baekhyun.”

“Oh, that explains everything,” Sehun laughs. “Sorry, Jongin is a bit of an airhead.”

Luhan crosses his arms and nods. “I can attest to that,” he confirms. Sehun lets out another laugh.

“So, uhm, what are you here for?” Sehun asks.

“Oh. Baekhyun asked me to come get his pair of kitty pajamas, so here I am,” Luhan explains.

“Yeah, he hasn’t picked them up. Do you want to come in? I might or might not have forgotten where they are,” Sehun invites.

“Why not,” Luhan accepts, forgetting about Jongin for the moment. He regrets it once he steps in.

“Do I need to leave you guys alone?” Jongin cackles loudly when he sees Luhan enter.

“Jongin lay off,” Sehun warns, pushing Jongin’s head. “It’s Baekhyun’s friend.”

“Huh?” Jongin is lost. “He’s not Baekhyun? Oh.”

Luhan is glad Jongin isn’t that dumb.

“So you’re not Sehun’s? What’s your name, pretty?” Jongin says, smirking.

Luhan isn’t glad that Jongin is thirsty as .

“Not interested,” Luhan replies.

“How about I change that last name for ya?” Jongin offers, coming closer.

“Goodbye, Jongin,” Sehun interrupts and directs Jongin to his room.

“Fine.” Jongin sulks and enters like an obedient dog.

“Sorry about him,” Sehun apologizes. “He doesn’t know when to stop. He just transferred to this room just this week, so he doesn’t know who Baekhyun is."

“It’s alright,” Luhan says, also feeling apologetic. Apologetic because Sehun has to deal with a roommate that would make him throw himself out the window.

“Do you want anything to drink?”

“No, I’m fine. I’ll just make myself comfortable while you look for those pajamas,” Luhan says. He remembers that he has snooping to do.

“Alright.”

Luhan sits on the couch stiffly and looks around. It’s a normal plain college dorm room - clothes splayed everywhere, CDs stacked on the TV drawer, posters everywhere. It’s not as big as his and Baekhyun’s room, but then again, they were seniors. Luhan thinks hard. What could possibly be something to use against Sehun?

Luhan pushes some things around on the table - surely Sehun and Jongin wouldn’t notice because it was already messed up anyway. He’s surprised to find out Sehun and Jongin had split up their garbage junk on opposite sides of the table. He rummages through the envelopes and papers. Nothing interesting.

“Hey, sorry it took so long,” Sehun says when he returns. He holds out a large plastic Supreme bag for Luhan. “The pajamas are in here.”

“Thanks. Now Baekhyun can stop whining about them,” Luhan says with exaggerated relief as he accepts the bag. Dammit, he thinks.

“That’s cute,” Sehun laughs. “I’ll see you guys around.”

“See you,” Luhan bids as well and makes his way to the exit of the dorm room slowly, looking around everywhere.

Jongin comes out when Luhan is gone.

“He’s cute,” Jongin whines.

Sehun shakes his head and ignores his friend.

 

 

Luhan is in deep concentration as he stares at his computer screen. It’s displaying Sehun’s profile from Probook. It’s frustrating because Sehun is clean as .

“GODDAMN!” Luhan jumps from where he is sitting on his bed.

“Baekhyun?” Luhan calls.

“Luhaaaaan!” he hears Baekhyun call from the CR. Luhan rushes outside.

“What’s wrong?”

Baekhyun holds up a cracked up phones and stifles in a hiccup. “Gabby died…”

Luhan stands there in disbelief as his best friend lets himself fall on the couch.

“What ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter