New Request

Break Up, Pay Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

new request

 

The phone is pinging with notifications but right now Luhan is busy. He has business to take care of. He types away a reply to an email from his laptop. His best friend can wait.

 

“For a couple four months into their relationship, I charge ₩200,000, my rate is ₩50,000 per month,” Luhan types. “Soomi and Junghyun have been dating for four and a half but I’ll charge for four, they won’t be that difficult. Are you sure you want to do this? I can’t take responsibility for their relationships with you in the future, but I will guarantee that they will no longer be shoving their PDA in your face. So, Kim Insun, if you are positive you want to go through with this, I’ll need the deposit via Paypal from you in 48 hours.” 

 

He presses the little airplane sign to send his message and stretches his arms. He finally reaches for his phone which has stopped pinging few minutes ago.

 

4 New Messages from Baekhyun

 

“Stop running business and talk to me instead, Sehun takes forever.”

“I’m waiting for Sehun to get off class why does he end so late D:”

“Luhan, Sehun and I are in Paris. Do you want anything?”

“I bought you cake, you can thank your favorite roommate and best friend later :3”

 

Luhan almost did a double take on “Paris” until it dawned onto him that Baekhyun was referring to Paris Baguette. He is about to text back when his laptop distracts him with “You’ve Got Mail!”

 

Luhan throws his phone on the table and checks his inbox.

 

Paypal: Payment from Kim Insun…

Kim Insun: Re: Soomi and Junghyun…I’m tir…(Open to read more)

 

He opens up Insun’s email first.

 

Kim Insun

Subject: Re: Soomi and Junghyun

I’m tired of losing my best friend to that douche. I’ll go through with it. Anything to have my best friend back. I’ll have the money paid in a few.

-Kim Insun

 

Luhan smirks as he opens his Paypal confirmation email. Kim Insun had indeed deposited ₩200,000 into his account. These people would pay anything to tear apart couples. Luhan found it amusing sometimes.

 

Luhan remembers when he had first started his business two years ago. Baekhyun had come ranting to him one night that he had wanted to end his friends’s relationship - Baekhyun had witnessed Sunny’s boyfriend face of some other girl in their lab room - he didn’t know how to break it to her. Luhan had offered to start a scene between Sunny and the fox. He had to do research - from his snooping, he had found out that this fox - Sooyoung - had talked of pursuing Junghyun from some time ago. It was simple. All he did was speak to Sooyoung with Sunny and Junghyun in close proximity.

 

“Sooyoung, I heard. Congratulations,” he greets with a knowing smile.

 

“What are you talking about?” the girl asks, eyebrows furrowing as a confused frown takes over her features.

 

“You know, with him,” Luhan says laughing.

 

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” Sooyoung says and narrows her eyes.

 

“Oh, stop it. We all know you’ve been wanting to get at Junghyun for a while but he was taken. Heard you two got at it last night! How was it? How did you do it?” Luhan asks delightedly, as Sooyoung’s eyes widen in shock.

 

Before she could respond, a furious Sunny had attacked.

 

“You told me you were at a soccer game practice last night! I knew something was up when Hyunsun told me there wasn’t but I thought he was just being his forgetful self! I trusted you, but you were somewhere with this ?!” she screams and lunges at Sooyoung who screams and tries to dodge from her seat.

 

“Sunny, calm down, it was a one time thing,” Junghyun says, trying to grab his furious girlfriend.

 

“Don’t tell me to calm down, you !” she shrieks and pulls away from him. She lunges again at Sooyoung who has gotten up to defend herself.

 

Luhan smiles a little to himself and clears his throat.


“Uhm, oops,” he says a bit apologetically but no one pays attention to him. Everyone is busy watching the drama unfold in front of their eyes. “I think I’ll excuse myself now…” He shrinks away quietly.

 

Job well done.

 

Baekhyun had surprised him with another request that night. It wasn’t his request - it was a request from Baekhyun’s friend who was having troubles of her own. 

 

“Don’t worry, I kept your identity safe,” Baekhyun tells a reluctant Luhan. “It’s pretty simple. She’s offering you cash for it too.” Luhan agrees.

 

And that was the start of his successful business. He had recognized his knack of butting into relationships and innocently ripping them apart. Soon enough, his reputation went high enough for him to charge more and set rates.

 

And now, here was a customer willing to throw away ₩200,000 to break up her best friend’s relationship. Luhan leans back on his chair and recalls his old memories of his early days.

 

He hears the door of his dorm room open and he shuts his laptop.

 

“Baekhyun?” he calls from his bed.

 

“Yes it is indeed your best friend who has t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter