The Aftermath

80's first love

 

A/N: Heads up! Italized colored words are in English conversation.

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

*JB’s POV*

 

“Are you alright?” Haneul asked as she and other friends of Jaemin arrived at the hospital.

“The doctor said she’s okay but she’s on coma right now.” I answered as I left out a sigh, “I’m sorry to cause you trouble.”

“  Don’t be, it doesn’t mean that it was your fault.” Youngjae, one of their friends told me, “Noona is okay and that what’s matter right now.”

“Apparently, something else matters.” Haneul said while holding her phone. “Her dad wants to talk to you right now.”

 

“So, what did Uncle told you?” Haneul asked as I returned the phone.

“He was happy that his daughter finally had a boyfriend and wants to meet me as soon as possible,” I scratch the back of my head as I return the phone.

“Well that’s good news, why you look so sad?” Jinyoung asked as I let go another sigh.

“He wants to take off my head as soon as we meet after what happened to her daughter.”

“Oh.” That’s what all they managed to reply.

“Her brother would be coming over and take the first flight going here, while my parents will coming here a day or so to check on me and Jaemin.” I continued as I open the door to her room.

“I’m sure you’ll be okay with this.”

“So much for a family meeting, huh?” I muttered silently that I’m sure they could hear.

We went inside the room and saw Jaemin on IV and is breathing from the tank supported for her. Haneul immediately held her hands while the two guys just surround her bed.  Jaemin’s stat were okay but seeing her like that kills me. It’s cliché to think that I’ve been over reacting to things since we are still new, but I can’t help it! She’s important to me as how my mother and grandmother are to me. I love her and it’s just sad to think that we are having this experience as we are still new.

Yet one thing keeps me wondering, if she’s on coma and were here looking after her, what is she doing now? They say that when you’re in coma, your soul is walking and travelling around each realm there is. Just now, I feel happy though it’s an irony. I just feel that Jaemin is somewhere here, if not, she’s maybe walking and travelling wherever she likes. I know she’s still breathing as she is still alive. I can still feel light and burn in my heart and in each heartbeat. I won’t lose hope.

 

 

*Jaemin’s POV*

I wake up feeling nausea just hit off me and notice that everything is quite pale.

“What are you doing?”

“huh?” I look over and saw two girls looking at me weirdly. I look around and saw myself on the floor and immediately stand up. “I’m sorry, I must have fallen.”

“I haven’t seen you before in the university, are new perhaps or just too busy and lounge on the different side of the school?” The girl in brunette asked me that leave me speechless a bit.

“I’m … I’m not sure.” That’s all I can answer.

“Cool! You’re a korean!” The girl in short hair exclaimed.

“Gosh, you really took it hard. Your forehead is bleeding.” Said the other girl in blonde and lend me a hand, “let’s go to the clinic so that the head nurse will do something about that.”

“O..kay?” I just answered and keep looking around. I glance around as notice everything odd and old. Their fashion is quite vintage as well. Didn’t I almost get into a car crash in Rome than being stuck on a dormitory?

“By the way, what’s your name?” The girl in brunette asked me as she looks at me, “I’m Krystal, music major. The girl beside you is Amber, another music major. You?”

“Jaemin.” I answered as I look around. “I.. uhmmm..” before I could think of something to say, Amber beat me into it.

“So Jaemin, what were you doing in front of Jaejoong’s dorm room?”

“Who?”

“Kim Jaejoong, the hot y guy that every girl wants.” Krystal smiled mischievously as Amber and I raise a brow on her statement, “okay, MOST of the girls wants!”

 “Better sound of it,” Amber commented and eye on me.

“I..ah.. was looking around when I tripped myself. I didn’t know it was some guy’s bedroom or anything.” I answered and stopped on one of the rooms in the lobby. Krystal and Amber explained to the in-charge what happened and told me to get a clean wrap and put it on my head. I gladly obliged and took one when a hand beat me to it.

“Here you go.” Said a guy, I didn’t see his face and just accept the towel.

“Thanks.” I just answered not even doing a second chance of looking at him and walk away. Little did I know that something is in stored for me to find out.

 

I was walking on the hall and look at the things around me. The interior is familiar but quite odd. I keep walking and stopped on the center of the school. My eyes went wide when I come to realize where I was.

“Unbelievable,” I muttered and look for someone to ask, “excuse me.”

“Yes?” Said a random guy that I see.

“Where am I?”

“You are in the school garden, apparently the center of the University of Rome.” He answered.

“Kinja?!”

“Pardon?”

“I’m sorry. But may I know what date is today?”

“It’s September 3, 1968.” The guy answered and walked ahead of me.

 

“This is really is unbelievable.” I look around and keep on walking and looking until I bumped into someone.

“Watch it!” A girl shouted at me and I immediately stood up.

“Mianhe!” I apologize as I bow my head, “I did not know--,”

“Well next time, you watch it!” She said and I immediately help her in her books.

“You’re a korean?” I asked and look at her. Oh boy, and I am surprised.  “HALMEONI?”

“EXCUSE ME? WHAT DI YOU JUST CALLED ME?” She asked me which sends fire in her eyes, I can feel it.

“I--,”

“Come on Jaekyung! The class is about to start!” A girl called her and left me in the hallway.

 OH MY GOSH! Did I just invite myself in my grandmother’s death list?

 

 

___________________________________

 

 

“Jaemin!” I look around and saw Krystal and Amber sitting on one of the cafeteria table.

“Hi.” I greet them and sit on the table. I look at them and look at the food that they have.

“Here, you can have this.” Amber said and give me the sealed sandwich. I gladly accepted it and start on eating.

“So, you haven’t told us your major.” Amber started the conversation as I shifted my eyes on them.

“I uhmmm..” I think of an excuse than telling me what happened or they’ll think I’m a lunatic. “Actually, I haven’t enrolled yet.”

“Oh, why?”

“Papers.” I answered.

“Well, before here, where did you study?” Krystal asked me.

“Seoul University,” I answered that made their eyes bulge, “What?”

“Seriously? Wow!”

“Compared to you guys, I should be the one saying that.” I told them as they shrugged.

“So, what major?”

“Law.” I answered. I keep on eating when some guys just came to the table.

“Hey ladies!” A guy greeted and sit beside me, “new friend?”

“Oh yeah,” Krystal said as she make a room to a guy beside him, “Minseok, Siwon, this is Jaemin. She’s a korean!”

“Cool! Hi!” Minseok, the guy on my side, greeted me. “I’m Kim Minseok.”

I look at the guy beside me that made me stop whatever I’m doing.

“Bwoyah? What happened to her?” Minseok asked as he waves his hand to me.

“Mianhe,” I apologize and took his hand that he extended for the handshake.

‘OH GOSH! If this guy right here is grandpa Minseok, then the other must be..’ I  look at the one in front and saw another man that I need to be careful at.

He smiled at me and extend his arms, “Hi! My name is…”

“GRANDPA.”

 

 

_______________________________

Updated!

Sorry if it was late. I was hooked up with my life, looking for a job right now that I forgot about this whole thing!

I’m really sorry.

And I had a writer’s block.

 

 

Subscribe.Comment. Upvote!

 

<3 missdauxian