The confession

80's first love

 

“So,you’re living alone?” I asked JB as we were sitting beside the fountain. It’s my third day in Rome and the teachers gave this day as a free day after all the tours that we did for the past two days. The night after he introduced his self to me, I was called to go back inside the hotel after a teacher saw me outside. JB and I agreed meeting each other by morning.

“I’m living with a friend. He’s also attending the university where I studied.” He answered as he takes a sip on his ice tea.

“Must be fun living away from home,” I commented and he just smiles.

“Have you strolled around the whole place?” He asked me.

“Since day one, we only did is to tour historical sites and museum,” I stopped as I eat my pastry, “and we will resume tomorrow.”

“Want to go site seeing?”

“Tempting but no,” I smile as he smiled back. “Though there’s this one place I want to go back.”

 

 

“The university? Seriously?”

“What’s wrong with the university?”

“You’re here to have fun, not just to be stuck in school.”

“Watch it! School is fun, don’t you know that?” We laughed as we walked to the College of Arts hallway.

Earlier when he asked me, I didn’t mention to him we are going to the university. I just let him follow me to where I was heading and was jaw-dropped when we were in front of the university gate. I pulled him inside the gate so that there will be no turning back.

“Why do you want to go here again?”

“My Halmeoni studied here during her college days.” I answered as I was looking through the cabinets. “Look! I just saw my grandma’s handcraft again!” I happily said as I point a painting that has her initials.

“You’re grandma is Lee Jae Kyung?” JB asked and I just nod.

“Yeah, why?”

“She’s one of the topnotcher’s in my grandfather’s time!”

“Your grandpa knows my grandma?”

“Yeah, only that my grandfather is studying Music that time.”

“Really? What’s your grandfather’s name?”

“Kim Jaejoong.”

“Kim Jaejoong? As in The Kim Jaejoong?” I asked and he looked at me quizzically, “why are you looking at me like that?”

“Why do you look so ecstatic when you know my grandfather’s name?”

“My grandma and your grandpa, what do you think they are?”

“They are friends.”

“Aside from that?”

“Just good friends, is there anything else?”

“You surely don’t know their story do you?”

“Enlighten me.”

We walked towards the university garden and I immediately take a sit on a vacant bench while waiting for JB to take his seat. He sits beside me and when I sense that we are comfortable in our position I started to talk.

“Believe it or not, your grandfather and my grandmother are each other’s first love.” I proudly say and he just replied with his eyebrow raised.

“How did you know?”

“I asked my grandmother about her college experience when I was in high school and began asking about her first love and other stuff. She gave me a sneak-peak of their love story back then.” I say, feeling in loved hearing my grandmother’s love story again. It was romantic.

“I know that my grandfather loves someone, but it wasn’t your grandmother.” He said in which I immediately snap it.

“What do you mean?” I asked out of curiousity.

“They were good friends, and there was something going on between them but it she wasn’t his first love.”

I tilted my head when he said that and look at him straight in the eyes.  “Are you saying that my grandmother is being biased?”

“I’m not, I’m just saying that she wasn’t my grandfather’s first love.”

“If not..” I trailed off, wondering what he is trying to say, “If it wasn’t grandma, who was his first love?”

“I don’t know the real name of the girl, all I know she has the same name as your, Jaemin.”

 

 

_____________________________________________

“So, how was your date?”

“It wasn’t a date Haneul, we just hang out.” After the talk with JB and knowing that our grandparents are connected to one another, I went back to the hotel to have dinner with Hanuel. I’m quite confused after knowing that my grandmother’s first love’s first love was not her. “Hey Hanuel, I have a question.”

“What is it?” She asked as we settle on our seats.

“How would you feel that your first love’s first love was not you?”

She look at me and I can sense she’s really thinking, “Well, for one I feel sad.”

“oh…”

“And two, I think their story is more romantic than ours.” That’s all that she answered and starts on eating.

“You won’t be mad? But you just said you’ll be sad.”

“Yes, I will be sad but that doesn’t mean that I will be mad at him.” She answered while eating, “Sure, I’ll be little insecure but I’m not mad, I can’t be.”

“Why?”

“Because that was their story, not ours. I don’t want to feel insecure by keeping that kind of idea on me.” She stops on eating and then looks at me, “Why did you ask? Something bothering you?”

“Jaebum’s grandfather was grandma’s first love..”

“That’s great! But, why are you sad?”

“Because his grandfather’s first love was not her,” I said and we became quiet.

“Well, we can’t control love. It moves mysteriously.” That was all Haneul said and resume on eating. I look at her for a second before I started eating.

“Noona!” Youngjae and JR came to our table and sit with us.

“Hey, you’re looking for me?” I asked as they settled and started eating.

“There was a guy outside; he wants to give this to you.” Youngjae said and handed me a note.

“A guy? What’s his name?” I just asked as I accepted the paper and immediately open it.

“A guy named JB.”

                Meet me outside. I’ll be waiting at the fountain. –JB

“What’s it say?” Haneul asked and they were waiting for me to say something.

“Nothing that important,” I muttered and continue to eat.

 

 

After dinner, I went to the fountain outside. There weren’t much people unlike the past nights. I stare again at the statue and look around.

“You’re here.” I immediately look around and saw JB in front of me. “I thought you weren’t coming.”

“You send me a note, I thought it might be important.” I answered him calmly.

“What happened this afternoon, I’m sorry.”

“Sorry for what? About the first love issue?” I asked and scoffed, “it wasn’t that important.”

“It is. You don’t need to cover things up,” he said, “I’m sorry I disappoint you.”

“You shouldn’t. It was not your fault anyway.” I just smiled at him, “I thought about it, we can’t control love. I get that.” I sit on the edge of the fountain. “Yeah, I was sad and maybe disappointed but that’s it. What’s done was done.”

“Tell me, why are you so interested with our grandparents and first love?” JB asked as he sits beside me.

“Honestly? I was just wondering about how it feels like to really fall in love and see sparks and glitters on couples in love.  I thought that my grandmother and your grandfather were really deeply in love with each other since they were each other’s first love..”

“Your grandmother told you that she was my grandfather’s first love?”

“No, I just imply it. I assume that since he was my grandmother’s, I thought the same idea goes to him as well.” I shrugged and put my head down. “I’m sorry, I just thought that maybe I can feel how my grandmother felt when she fell in love.”

“Then, why don’t you try it?” JB asked.

“How? It’s not like I can imprint myself to someone who I like but doesn’t like me or else I’ll be a loser for that.” I mumbled and he just laughed. “What’s so funny?”

“Nothing.” He shook his head and then look at me, “have you ever tried loving someone who’s already fallen in love with you?”

“I didn’t know anyone…” I muttered as I feel someone grab my hand and I felt electrified. I look at him and he smiled at me.

“Well now you know one.” He said as he tightens his hold on my hand, “Did you feel that?”

“Did you just confess?” My eyes widen as I keep looking at him and our hands, “Jae, this is not funny.”

“You captured my heart since our first meeting and from then on I cannot keep you out of my mind. It’s crazy but it’s true. The three meetings? It’s funny, I was the one who gave those conditions yet here I am, hoping and praying that we will meet, and get to know you and I got my wish.”

“Are you saying---,”

“Lee Jaemin, I do not believe in love at first sight, but guess what? cupid strikes the arrow.” He said and I was just left dumfounded. “It’s too early but will you be my girlfriend?”

 

 

______________________________________

“So you have a lover now?” Grandma asked me over the phone. After the talk with JB, I immediately went back to the hotel and called grandma and talked about stuff regarding her first love. Along with it was the confession of JB and now she became more curious.

“No grandma, he’s a friend. I turn him down.”

 

*Flashback*

“It’s too early but will you be my girlfriend?” JB asked as he kneels on my side while people are already staring at us.

“As much as I like you too, I’m sorry but no.” I answered and let him sit beside me again. “I’m sorry JB.”

“Was I too soon?” He asked and I nod.

“I’m really sorry, but I think it was too soon to ask me that.” I said and smile at him. “Love at first sight? I don’t believe in such thing.”

“But there’s another question I want to ask since you rejected my confession.” JB asked and was about to kneel down but I stop him.

“Ask, just don’t kneel anymore.” I told him and he smiled.

“Will you go out with me?” He asked me.

“Like a date?”

“Yeah, like a date. If that’s okay, but if you prefer hang-,” just before he continue, I put my palm on his mouth to prevent him from talking.

“I love that.”

*end of flashback*

 

“You told me you like him, why the sudden change of heart?” grandma asked me.

“Just because I like the guy that doesn’t mean I want him to be my boyfriend immediately.”

“You got a point though, but Jae honey, listen. Just follow your heart if you need to and don’t let emotions take control of your decisions. You got that?”

“very clear grandma, thanks.”

After the talk with grandma I immediately lie on my bed and was about to sleep when my phone beep. I look at the text message and a smile formed on my face.

                “see you tomorrow” –JB

 

_________________________

Chapter updated!

So, what you guys think?

Was the story on the rush?

 

Subscribe and comment!

And if you love it, upvote!

 

<3 missdauxian