It's Halloween! - Special

B.A.P as Children

Jongup loves Halloween. He loves the night air, the costumes, and most of all the free candy that he could get just by going up to them and saying trick-or-treat. His mommy mostly loves the candy sales the day after Halloween, but Jongup doesn't understand why, and he doesn't question it.

"So what do you want to be for Halloween?" his mommy asked him, browsing the costumes on display in the store.

Jongup looked through the options of costumes. None of them stood out to him that much. Until he found the Pokémon section. Different colors and shapes appeared in front of him. He took one off the shelf and inspected it. He smiled to himself and showed his mommy the costume.

"I wanna be Eevee, mommy!" Jongup announced.

"Try on the costume first, baby. If it fits, we'll get it," his mommy said.

Jongup found the smallest costume of Eevee he could find and tried it on. It fit on him a bit loose, but it was really the point. He placed the ears headband of Eevee on his head and showed his mommy.

"It fits, mommy! We can buy it now!" Jongup told her.

His mommy only giggled. After he tried on his costume, his mommy bought them, along with about three bags of candy. The next day at school, it was a Halloween sort of day, since Halloween fell on a Saturday and there was no school that day anyway. Jongup wore his Eevee costume, with his black converse strap-on sneakers. When he came into daycare that day, his friends were also dressed up. Yongnam and Yongguk were wearing an identical costume with different colors and each holding a helmet. He couldn't recognize their costume very well. Their older sister, Natasha, who would occasionally come to the morning and afternoon daycare if her soccer practice was cancelled for the day, was dressed like a soccer player with different drawings on her arms. Himchan was wearing a vampire costume, with the cape and everything. Daehyun and Youngjae were both dressed as Pokémon as well, but they were dressed as Plusle and Minun. To be honest, Jongup would think that Yongnam and Yongguk would be the twin electric Pokémon. Junhong was dressed like Iron Man. His costume, Jongup thought, looked exactly like the suit that Iron Man wore in the movies.

"Hi Jonguppie!" Junhong greeted.

"Hi Junhong. That's a really cool costume," Jongup told him.

"Thank you. My daddy worked hard in making the costume. After school, my daddy is going to pick me up and take me to his work for a costume parade, since he's going to be Iron Man, too. My auntie told me that he shouldn't use me for cute factor," he said.

"Another Pokémon!" Youngjae shouted, inspecting Jongup's costume.

"Are you Eevee in the first stage?" Daehyun asked him, playing with Jongup's costume's tail.

"I am. Are you two Plusle and Minun?" Jongup asked.

"Daehyun bullied me into being Plusle. I wanted to be a werewolf," Youngjae said, pouting a little.

"Why would you be a dumb werewolf when we could be awesome Pokémon?" Daehyun questioned.

Himchan and Yongguk walked up to them and sat with them.

"What's your costume, Yongguk?" Jongup asked nim.

"My brother and I are Power Rangers. I'm the green ranger and Yongnam is the red ranger. To be honest, I wanted to be the red ranger, but Yongnam already called dibs on it," Yongguk answered.

"Why isn't your sister the pink or the yellow ranger?" Himchan asked him.

"Natasha doesn't like Power Rangers. She wanted to be a soccer player with tattoos," Yongguk answered.

Himchan only nodded his head, playing around with the plastic fangs in his hands. After a few more minutes, Miss Hyosung called them all together for a group photo. Jongup stood between Yongguk and Zelo and smiled widely at the camera with his friends and ten other students in the room. Miss Hyosung took the picture with her Polaroid camera. The photo came out from it and everybody inspected it. It had all the students in the picture smiling in their costumes. Miss Hyosung pinned the picture on the board with other pictures from the past Halloween pictures. Jongup looked at the pictures and saw Yongguk, Yongnam, and Himchan together in their costumes. Yongnam and Yongguk were dressed as Tigger while Himchan was dressed as a weird bunny. Natasha was dressed as a cowboy.

"I remember that year. Yongguk kept stepping on his tail," Himchan said.

"I was not. That was Yongnam," Yongguk stated.

"What were you for Halloween?" Jongup asked Himchan, ignoring Yongguk's comment.

"I was dressed as a Matoki. Yongguk and I created the characters and everything. One day Yongguk and I will dress as Matokis together," he answered.

"Can I join?" Jongup asked hopefully.

"Sure. We're looking for recruitments anyway," Himchan said.

Jongup smiled. He was finally belonging somewhere.

-----

The school day was finally over with. He mostly had a Halloween party with his classmates. He entered the daycare and spotted hid friends doing something at a nearby table. Jongup walked over there and sat next to Zelo and Daehyun to figure out what they're doing.

"Jonguppie, do you wanna be Totomato or Dadamato?" Himchan asked.

"What's the difference?" Jongup asked.

"Toto is a baby robot while Dada is the muscle of the group," Himchan explained.

Jongup thought about it for a minute.

"I wanna be Dada," he answered.

Yongguk grabbed a green crayon and very neatly in his handwriting wrote 'JONGUP' underneath the word 'DADA'.

"I think next Halloween, we should all dress up as our Matokis," Himchan suggested.

"And then we can go trick-or-treating together!" Youngjae said.

Yongguk played around with his power ranger helmet.

"My mommy won't let me. She wants me and Yongnam to dress similarly," he said.

They all turned around and saw Yongnam conversing with his own group of friends that look like they were part of an anime show. Jongup knew they looked familiar, but he isn't too sure.

"I'm sure you and Yongnam can talk to your mommy and convince her that you want to dress separately for Halloween. I'm sure that she'll agree if you talked to her about it," Daehyun said.

"Maybe. We'll see next year. We can go trick-or-treating for tonight though. Natasha is going to supervise us this year," Yongguk said.

"Will your sister watch over seven elementary school kids?" Himchan asked.

She did it before last year. I'm sure she can do it again," he said.

"How old is your sister?" Daehyun asked him.

"She's thirteen, turning fourteen. Next year she'll be in high school," Yongguk answered.

"So then we're all going trick-o-treating together?" Jongup asked.

"Sure! Our mommy just needs to talk to your mommy first," Zelo said.

Jongup only nodded his head. This can be placed under another reason why he likes Halloween. After a few minutes, Miss Sunhwa, one of the afternoon caretakers, gathered everybody for another Halloween party. They all got a few sweets and a soda to drink. Jongup grabbed as many of the sugar cookies as he can and pilled them on his plate.

"Jongup, don't get that many cookies! Share them with your classmates!" Miss Sunhwa told him.

Jongup said nothing and took them back to their table. He set them aside by color. The others soon joined him and sat down.

"Three for each and the rest for me," Jongup announced, handing them over to his friends.

They all ate to their hearts contents.

-----

Jongup tied his shoes and sat in the Bang's couch, waiting patiently. The others soon arrived behind him and were all waiting for Natasha to come around. She said she was bringing a friend to help with the supervision. They all heard the doorbell and a shout from Natasha saying that she got it.

"Who is this friend that Natasha is bringing?" Himchan asked.

"Her friend and crush, Charu," Yongnam said.

"She's been crazy over him for a while. She doesn't want to say anything because they've been best friends since they were our age and she doesn't want to make it weird," Yongguk said after.

"What are you talking about?" Natasha asked.

"The different locations where we can trick-or-treat," Daehyun answered.

Natasha knew they were lying, but let it go. Jongup got off the couch and followed behind her when she motioned for them to follow. They all gathered their plastic pumpkin candy holders and followed behind. They all left the house and entered into the night air.

After a few hours of going around a couple of houses and being forced into hearing Natasha and Charu flirt, they all put on their pajamas at the Bang residence and compared and traded candy.

"Who's got Hershey's?" Daehyun asked.

"We're not trading our Hershey's for candy, Daehyun. We like chocolate," Youngjae stated.

"I don't. I'll trade you my Hershey's for your jolly ranchers," Yongguk said.

Yongnam left the room and went to bed in his own room. They all continued trading candy and telling ghost stories that they all thought was scary. At around nine, they brushed their teeth and began to head on to bed. Jongup smiled softly and curled up on the makeshift mattress Mrs. Bang prepared and got himself comfortable. Best. Halloween. Ever.

-----

Wow this is . This is a very late Halloween chapter and I am so sorry it's late. I'll try and update more, I promise.