No Limits Just Epiphanies

B.A.P as Children
XSYKOTICA

 
 
Jongup never liked school. He doesn't know why; he just does. Especially being the littlest. It was after school that his mommy forced him to go. It was an after school thing that parents dropped their children off because they're too busy to take care of them in the afternoon, what with having a job and all. His mommy told him it was a daycare. Jongup didn't want to go, but his mommy forced him anyway. It was in the afternoons and mornings, his mommy told him. He believed her anyway.

Jongup stood in the middle of the room, clutching onto his Pikachu backpack and watching his mommy sign him in.

"Alright, Jonguppie. Be good and I'll pick you up soon, okay," his mommy said, kissing his forehead and walking out the door.

Jongup still clutched onto his backpack and looked around the room. It was his first day of class and he felt nervous. Three boys were playing a game with each other, two others were reading a book, and another was coloring outside the lines.

"Hi there. Why don't you go say hi to one of them," their daycare teacher, motioning him to talk to at least one of them.

Jongup quickly shook his head and buried his face in his bag. He didn't want to talk to any of these people. He wants his mommy. The daycare teacher sighed.

"Well, my name is Miss Hyosung. Maybe you can at least talk to one of them," Miss Hyosung suggested.

"I dun wanna," Jongup muttered through his backpack.

Miss Hyosung sighed and walked back towards her desk. There was always that one stubborn kid that refused to play with the other kids. She left the kid alone and went back to her desk. Jongup looked up and saw Miss Hyosung walking away. He looked towards where the three boys were playing a game. Maybe he can play, too. He stands up and walks up to them, suddenly feeling extremely nervous. He stood above them and watched them play some sort of board game. One of them saw Jongup and looked up.

"Can I play?" Jongup asked timidly, looking at the floor.

"No. No babies allowed to play," one of them said, turning back to the game and continued playing.

"Oh. Okay," Jongup said, walking away.

"Yongnam, don't be mean," the second says. "Hey, wait! You can play if you want."

Jongup turned around and smiled. He went to sit next to the one that agreed to let him play.

"That's Yongnam and that's Himchan. I'm Yongguk," Yongguk introduced.

The one that rejected Jongup had a scowl on his face and muttered something. Jongup noticed that Yongnam and Yongguk looked similiar. The other one – Himchan – just stared at Jongup in fascination.

"What game are you playing?" Jongup asked, looking at the board game.

"Candyland. Sine you interrupted up, you're going to be the girl peg, and so will Yongguk," Yongnam said, handing the peg to Yongguk and Jongup.

Jongup said nothing and placed the peg with the others.

"I go first, since I won last game," Himchan said, picking up a card and moving two spaces.

Jongup watched them play silently. He sort of got what he was supposed to do. It was his turn. He flipped a card and got a character on it.

"You have to go to the candy cane forest," Yongguk said.

Jongup moved his character towards the candy cane forest, which is just ahead of the others. He waited until it was his turn again. He flipped a card over and saw it to be a pretty princess in white. The boys groaned and made weird noises.

"Now you can go to the princess's ice palace," Yongguk said, helping Jongup move his character towards the ice palace.

Jongup was winning, which surprised him. He was hardly good at board games. After a couple of more rounds, Jongup won the game.

"That's not fair. You're obviously cheating," Yongnam accused.

"Yongnam, calm down. I'm sure it was just beginner's luck," Himchan assured him.

Yongnam rolled his eyes and went to go do something else. Jongup turned to Yongguk and Himchan.

"I'm sorry about him. He's a bit of a sore lose," Yongguk explained.

Jongup only nodded his head and saw Yongnam doing something in the corner.

"Come on, we'll introduce you to everyone," Himchan said, holding Jongup's hand and leading him around the room.

Himchan lead him to the two boys reading a book together.

"That's Daehyun and Youngjae. They're in the second grade together," Himchan introduced.

The ones called Daehyun and Youngjae looked up from their book.

"This is Jongup. He's new here," Yongguk introduced.

They both looked at Jongup, who was shuffling his feet and staring at the floor.

"What grade are you starting?" Daehyun asked him.

"I'm starting first grade today," Jongup muttered.

"Oh! You might have Miss Song, then. She's really nice," Youngjae said.

"I don't know. It's on this paper, but I can't read it yet," Jongup said, handing him a slip of paper.

Youngjae looked at his paper and nodded his head.

"You have Miss Song. She's really nice and she's going to teach you how to read. Daehyun and I had her last year," Youngjae said.

"She's in room 109. It's on this floor, so you'll be fine. You'll be with us and Junhong over there," Daehyun said, pointing at the kid who was coloring in his coloring book.

The kid perked his head up when he heard his name called. Daehyun waved him over. Junhong got up and walked towards them.

"This is Jongup. He's in the first grade," Daehyun introduced.

"I'm Junhong. I'm in kindergarten," Junhong said. "I'm five. I'm turning six real soon."

"I'm six, too, but I'll be turning seven though," Jongup said.

"Himchan and I and Yongnam are in the third grade. We're a floor above you," Yongguk said.

"So we won't see each other?" Jongup asked.

"Well, there's recess and lunch and the daycare, so we'll still see you," Himchan assured the younger boy.

"Okay. And when is that?" he asked.

"I dunno. It differs between grade levels, I guess," Himchan answered.

"Don't worry, Jonguppie! We can still see them again after school! They always come here as well," Daehyun said.

Jongup smiled softly. He was gonna like this new daycare. And possibly this new school.