If You Love Me

A Marriage's Charmed Birthday

http://youtu.be/v6lSxk96Kp4

 

I felt his lips touch mine. “Happy birthday, baby,” he whispered. He then went on to tell me about the secret outing he’s organized for tonight. He already got a babysitter for the kids and asked me to get ready as quickly as I could, we were to leave at 12, exactly when my birthday started. I had no clue where we could be going at 12 at night.

 

“I hope you have a fun birthday, beautiful wife of mine.” He remembered and called me beautiful, it had been forever.

 

“Jinyoung…” I hugged him tightly. He loves me. My eyes became watery, and my vision blurred. He hugged me, and tied the bracelet on my wrist afterwards.

 

“I love you,” he said to me.

 

“I love you, too.”

 

He lifted me, and made me stand on a carpet of soft roses spread across the floor. He must have dropped them on his way in the room. I dressed quickly and thanked the neighbor girl for watching my kids for the night. Ten years later, I felt the same magic, the same spark again. It looked like we hadn’t lost our charm yet.

 

Once I locked the door from outside, he hugged me close to his chest. I could feel the cold on

his jacket, but that didn’t matter to me at all. When I heard the beep of the car horn, I looked at my husband happily. We went to the car and on my face was a smile that seemed to stretch from one side of my face to the other. He planted a kiss on my cheek. I felt that no one could harm me when I was with him. I was the safest place on earth for me.

 

He took me to the park, and asked me to take a walk with him. I got out of the car and he held my hand. The good thing with living in a large city is that it never sleeps, even though it was passed 12am, there were still a good amount of people in the park. As we walked, it felt like we were the only couple in the park. Everyone was watching us. We must have looked so lovely together. He kissed my forehead. I looked at him and he told me he loves me. I questioned how he got off work. There was a beautiful bed of roses next to us that reminded me of the bedroom floor.

 

“I arranged it with my superiors, it’s fine, darling.”

 

We sat on a bench and it felt much later. The park never looked so romantic, all the lights were lit.

 

“Here, your other surprise. Looks what’s coming.” He pointed out in front of us. I looked to see, and there was a man running toward us with a bouquet of red and white roses accompanied by a giant teddy bear. I recognized the man as a close friend of Jinyoung’s. Jinyoung thanked him, and before I knew it, the friend disappeared. The whole event made me laugh.

 

“For the first time in a long time I have a date with my husband,” I said as I held my gifts.

 

“Yes,” he said with joy on his face. “makes me think of when we got married.” When we were dating, I thought I would spend the rest of our lives together. I didn’t know that we would have to work in order to keep us as one. “We’re both busy with work, so it’s hard” he explained as if he knew what I was thinking about. “But we love each other. Love doesn’t just mean time to spend with each other,” he said. “I think in order to realize just how much I need you, I needed some time alone in the military.” He was right. There is something more to a marriage that you only realize is there once you’ve spent time away.

 

I put my gifts down on the pavement and we gently held hands. He leaned into me and kissed me under the sky, officially making it the best birthday I’ve ever experienced.

 

The End 

Thank You ^^