Marry You

A Marriage's Charmed Birthday

 

http://youtu.be/nzIxNuW65G0

 

I thought to myself what I should wear tomorrow as I stood in my bedroom.

 

Ten years is enough to fade the attraction in the life of any married couple. When I met Jinyoung, I thought he was a jerk. However, I came to know him better, to see through the wall he created around him. On the inside, I saw a really good person. Slowly, we fell in love. It didn’t happen like the loves in books or movies, but still it was like magic. We fled together, we were extreme. There was no need to run off. It wasn’t like my parents didn’t like him, in fact, they loved him. His parents thought of me as a daughter. It was what I wanted, so we still ran. Nobody knew and I was young at the time. Running off with the person you love make the idea of marriage even more exciting. I was at my peak of excitement when he agreed to my plan.

 

Oddly, I was sad yet happy the day before my birthday. It was my birthday, so I was happy. I’ve always been excited about my birthday, but my handsome hot would not be with me on my special day. I was mostly upset. How I wanted him to be there.

 

The red knee-high dress, or maybe the black backless? Finally, I decided to wear the pink dress, my husband’s favorite. Well, I admit it’s my favorite, but everything of mine is his favorite.

 

As I placed it out for the next day I remembered the night we ran off…

 

“Mom, I’m going to sleep,” I said to my mother as she was cooking in the kitchen.

 

“But, you haven’t eaten dinner, Jayla”

 

I wasn’t hungry. How might I be hungry tonight when I was scheduled to run off. It was a habit of mine to skip dinner anyway. “I’m tired.”

 

I was tense with excitement and an empty stomach. I rushed to my room and closed the door. Once I turned the light on, I saw someone was sitting on my bed. Jinyoung, who else would it be? I had to suppress a scream.

 

“How did you get in here?”

 

He couldn’t come through the window, my room wasn’t on the ground floor. If he came through the door, someone should have seen him.

 

“Hello,” he said using his softest voice. When he spoke like that, I absolutely adored it. It made me feel calm.

 

“How’d you get in here, answer me.”

 

“Actually…” He was eyeing the tree outside my window. He climbed the tree and jumped here?! I took a breath and before I could speak he put a hand to my mouth to stop me from yelling at him. “No, I didn’t,” he said. “I climbed the pipe,” he whispered in my ear.

 

“Well…” I removed the hand from my face.

 

“Even if I did jump from the tree, a fractured bone wouldn’t stop me from running off with you.”

 

Oh yeah, I’m sure he’d be able to run without any problems with a broken leg. I stuck out my tongue like a child. He laughed and I swear it was the sweetest sound. I loved his laugh, his smile, his hair, his lips. I loved everything about him.

 

“Are we getting out of here?”

 

“Well, could you possibly go down the pipe?” He raised an eyebrow.

 

“Absolutely not.”

 

“Okay then, let’s wait. We can sneak out through the door in the middle of the night.”

 

“Brilliant.”

 

“You really need us to do this? Are you sure?” he said.

 

“It wouldn’t be fun if we didn’t.”

 

“But when we come back, you’re going to tell them we’re married, right?”

 

“Of course,” I say and put my arms around him.

 

I took out a gown from my closet. It was a beautiful white gown that my mother had made for me. It was like the dress that my sister wore at her wedding. My mother had made mine just after the wedding, since I was next in line. There was no doubt that this dress was going to be worn at my wedding. Once we decided it was late enough, we rushed to the church and slept the rest of the night there. It seemed like a wild dream all along.