My Everything

A Marriage's Charmed Birthday

http://youtu.be/FrffPaATcnM

 

The next morning, we asked the priest to perform the wedding. As he started talking, I remembered something.

 

“Jinyoung, the rings?”

 

He was shocked. “Damn it, we both forgot the rings.”

 

I tried to look at the priest, but felt so embarrassed. “What do we do now?” I asked Jinyoung. I couldn’t think straight and was so confused. My gaze fell to the bracelet I was wearing. It was a bracelet that Jinyoung had given me on a date. I looked at his neck, he also wore the locket that I had given him.

 

“Jinyoung, take off your locket,” I ordered. While doing it, I’m sure he must have seen the seriousness I had because he did not say a word. I unwinded my bracelet on my wrist then gave it to the priest. I was hoping it was possible to use these in place of the rings.

 

“This is a surprise, but okay.” The priest nodded.

 

We exchanged the locket and bracelet and said our wedding vows. Then, he kissed me. The kiss was not hard but soft. His lips were warm. There was nothing which could have made me happier at that moment.

 

Within a few moment, we were sitting on a bench outside of the church. We knew that there was a need to tell our parents, but this moment was so valuable we thought in vain. I saw Jinyoung looking at me. After holding our gaze, we bursted into laughter.

 

“I cannot believe you forgot the rings,” I told him.

 

“You were supposed to remind me!”

 

“Sorry, too excited.”

 

“Me too.”

 

We sat there hand in hand enjoying the moment. Then I saw that Jinyoung bent down and pulled out a small number of strands of grass. He tied a knot and twisted the strands. I thought it might break, but instead, a loop was formed. He held the loop of grass as if it was a ring in front of me.

 

“Jayla, will you marry me?” He smiled.

 

“Jinyoung...we are married.”

 

He switched knees, the other must have been in pain. “So?”

 

“Yes,” I said.

 

He kissed me as he slid the loop of grass on my finger. When I told my parents, they were shocked. Mostly because they wanted to be there for our wedding. They forgave us and hugged us tight. It was a great wedding day.

 

 

 

 

I looked at the clock ticking. It was eleven at night. I was tired and excited and as I thought of my man I had hoped I would fall asleep soon.

 

“Do I tie my hair in a pony, or should it drop on my shoulders?” I thought. I decided I would let it free.

 

Then, I heard Jinyoung come home from work. He was two days early. I hardly realized it was him, but who else could it be? I had been lost in my ideas for tomorrow that I only knew once I heard the sound of his footsteps. I was surprised he was home early, could it be for my birthday? He hadn’t remembered my birthday for many years. Over the past five years, he hadn’t remembered once. He said he’d remember next year, but never did. Love is supposed to grow with time, but ours was almost gone it seemed. Ten years he hadn’t called me beautiful. He didn’t kiss like he used to.

 

Suddenly, I felt something cold on my cheek. I budged to see what it was, and when I opened my eyes, I saw the most enchanting face with his cold hand from the crisp wind on my face.

 

I wondered if he’ll be staying for my birthday, or will he have to return to the military tomorrow morning. If he stayed, I was glad I thought out my entire look for tomorrow. I have two children and many other things to do instead of polishing my nails or powdering my nose, but I’m glad I gave an effort this time.

 

“Jayla, can you sit up for me?”

 

I did as he asked. “...Jinyoung?” His other hand had been hiding behind his back this entire time. When he brought it around, my heart rose. Exactly like the one I was wearing, he held a charm bracelet in his palm.

 

...

 

Hey! Hope you like the story so far! It's only going to be a short story so next chapter will be the last ^ _ ^ please subscribe to me if you want to read short stories about B1A4, EXO and hyuk from VIXX!