Teddy Bear [2/2]

Teen Top oneshots!

It's been months since the embarrassing introduction happened, and the scene keeps repeating in Chanhee's head. He doesn't regret any second of it, but it haunts his dream, disturbs him during dinner, and even makes him giggle during cuddly time with L.Joe. He can never stop thinking why did L.Joe even take the risk of taking him home, and even continues being bothered by him up until now that they rarely ever spend their time apart. Chanhee can't complain, it's not like he has anything else to do so its way better to just stare at L.Joe passionately. And the other guy, well, he lives for attention, so he doesn't mind. He loves it, in fact.

But as nice as the relationship goes for both of them, Chanhee often gets questioned by L.Joe on how can he knows so much about the other guy, but in return he knows nothing about Chanhee other than he's here for a mission. It creates fights every now and then, which usually leads to one thing only; L.Joe demanding Chanhee to take him to his place.

Like right now, the same old fight that again takes place on L.Joe's kitchen. Familiar scenario; L.Joe sits on one of the counter stools and Chanhee stands next to him with a glass of hot peppermint tea, which L.Joe was about to ask for but Chanhee and his mind game wins all over again. L.Joe does nothing but staring into Chanhee's eyes. Usually that results in nothing but Chanhee staring back blankly, but this time he sighs and takes a deep breath before saying something L.Joe thought he'll never hear.

"We can spend the night in there tomorrow, okay?"

 

-----

 

Chanhee wakes up in the next morning with no one by his side. Frowning as he sits lazily on the bed for two, he looks around to find where the owner of the room is. That's when L.Joe walks in, but Chanhee could have sworn he sees L.Joe skips in between, with a big smile on his face. And there's a tray on his hands with his breakfast on it.

"Good morning, love."

This is not gonna be good.

L.Joe tries so hard not to say anything about it, but Chanhee knows L.Joe is excited to just visit his place that day. That scares Chanhee for a reason or two, but he can't help a kid being happy for something he wants for so long. The smile he wears get bigger and happier by the minute, and Chanhee just doesn't want it turns upside down after the trip tonight.

And when the evening comes, Chanhee just wishes he can just get over it already, no matter what happens. Let's just get on with is as quick as possible, he thinks, as he parks L.Joe's car in the apartment's parking lot.

He actually lives not so far from L.Joe's place, which is the first lie that L.Joe reveals by himself that day. The apartment looks decent and not bad at all, and that is the lie number two, because Chanhee keeps saying his place is not even half as good as the others. But that's fine, so far, since L.Joe still smiles like a kid when they climb up the stairs. He still smiles when they stand in front of Chanhee's apartment door. He still smiles when Chanhee turns the knob and reveals the dark room in front of him.

But that changes as soon as Chanhee flicks the switch and the lamps turn on. The smile is gone immediately, replaced by a big gasp with the addition of L.Joe's eyes growing big. He walks inside the room and moves his feet towards the wall, touching the papers and pictures and maps plastered all over it.

 

"I didn't know you take stalking me this seriously."

"Well, if you take a look to some pictures a bit closer, you'll find out it's more than just stalking."

And L.Joe does. Instantly. He points at a picture of himself in front of a nice big house.

"I didn't remember taking this picture. Where was this?"

"That was your house."

"That was not my house."

"Well, you're true. Technically, that was our house."

L.Joe chuckles quietly. A really faint, awkward chuckle.

"This is creepy, Chanhee.  I don't remember taking that photo. In fact, I don't remember taking any of this!"

"Because you don't remember anything at all. You lost everything, didn't you?"

"What the are you talking about."

"Please sit down so I can tell you everything."

"I don't have time for that, explain to me right now."

"Please sit down, L.Joe."

"Explain to me right now!"

"DEAR GOD LEE ING BYUNGHUN SIT THE DOWN."

"How did you know my name..."

"I..."

"How the did you even know everything..."

 

-----

 

"What is the earliest memory of yourself you can recall?"

"When I bumped my head at--"

"Not stories that your parents told you, what you retrieve from your memories."

"Chanhee what is this."

"We used to be together."

"We just met a few months ago."

"I've looked everywhere for you, I thought I've lost you forever."

"Chanhee this doesn't make any sense."

 

Chanhee sighs. He bites his lips so hard he knows he will taste the blood soon, but he needs this to hold back the tears.

"Your name is Lee Byunghun, correct?"

"Yes. How did you know that?"

"I've known you my whole life. We used to be together."

"Then how come I know nothing about it?"

"You must have lost your memory. Your plane crashed. I thought you were dead. Instead you just got on with your life without me."

"But my parents..."

"Perhaps they saw you and saved you. Perhaps you appeared in front of them before you fell down and lost yourself. I don't know. People never found your body, so you must have found your way out the scene or something. By that time I was probably busy crying over the rumored death of my loved one."

"How are you so sure that I'm not just a, you know, doppelganger of him?"

"Because your name is Lee Byunghun. Dear God, like that is not enough of evidence.”

 

Chanhee turns around to face the wall that covered by tons of papers. He moves his fingers from one photo to another, chuckling to himself.

"September 11th, 2012. You went on a trip by yourself. I begged for you not to, or at least to take me with you, but you did it anyway."

He grabs one the newspaper cuts from the wall and shows it to L.Joe. The headline should make him connects all the dots easier, but it still feels surreal somehow.

"It's all over the news. I heard nothing about you. People told me to get on with my life, Byunghun-ah. People told me you were dead. Do you know how devastating that is."

"How did you find me so easily then."

"I didn't. I spent the last few years exploring this entire goddamn country to find you."

"How did you even know that I'm still alive."

"Because I just know. Because I had a feeling that you are. Because you ing promised."

 

-----

 

"To Choi Jonghyun, please report to the main station now."

The tall guy sighs after hearing the announcement. This room, even with nothing inside it but another human being in front of him, feels really comfortable and he doesn't want to get out. But he doesn't want to get his kicked either, so he stands up and walks towards the other guy. He whispers so softly, trying to keep him calm.

"Are you feeling better already? I'll walk out for a bit, okay?"

There's no voice coming out from him, and Jonghyun feels like an idiot for talking to himself. But then he sees a slight nod, so he smiles in return and leaves the guy alone, walking out the room.

 

And that's when he found his co-worker in the hallway, giving him a weird look on his face.

"Dude, you're handling the Chanhee guy again?"

"Yeah, I happened to walk by when he had another episode."

"What's the problem with him, tho? All I know is that no one wants to be near him because he cries so much."

"His boyfriend died on a plane crash. He barely speaks ever since, so his closest ones sent him here. He daydreams a lot, and then he will hysterically. I guess he really loves the other guy, you can always see the sadness in his face. Poor kid, he's so cute when he smiles."

"You seem to care so much for this guy."

Jonghyun shrugs. He asks the question to himself every night as well.

"There's just something about him, I can't seem to put my finger on it. It feels like I've known him my whole life."

He shrugs again, and reaches down to his pocket to take his phone, but accidentally drops his keys on the floor. His friend lets out a chuckle.

"I didn't know a scary guy like you likes teddy bear."

Jonghyun can only smile after realizing that his teddy bear keychain is laying there for people to see.

"I found it stuck on my backpack one day. I didn’t know where it came from."

 

-----

 

September 10th, 2012.

"Will you promise to always be by my side no matter what?"

"I promise, Chanhee. I think I've said it a hundred times already."

"Till death do us apart?"

"Well, even for that, I'll figure something out. There must be a loophole somehow."