Fandom

EXO-L

That day, they learnt many things about Yeseul. She wasn’t dead because the 12 of them can see her and she’s warm and has a beating heart. She also eats. The only thing wrong with her is that she’s invisible to others and the objects she touches also disappears with her. The perfect example of it was the toys they’ve given her and the blanket she used to sleep wasn’t visible to others’ eyes until Yeseul lets go of them.

Another thing is that, according to Yeseul, she has no parents but has lots of brothers and sisters. She also has nowhere to stay and the boys have come into the same conclusion: they will not let her go until she finds her siblings and a place to stay. And from that day onward, the members all decided to work together to take care of their little lady, who they started to call their daughter.


 

Kris was having chest pains and Yeseul was restless. But despite of that, both still stayed at the concert hall for the rehearsals. They all spent the night there, practicing the whole time and taking 30 minutes to 1 hour breaks in between.

Luckily, Yeseul was a heavy sleeper and she slept well through the night with 6 piles of thick winter coats serving as her bed and another six as her comforter. Of course, Pinku-pinku and rilakkuma was with her, wrapped with Kyungsoo’s pororo blanket.

 

They were five days away from their first concert ever and the boys were working diligently for it. Yeseul was with them all the time but she’s a god girl. She brought her idols water bottles when she felt their thirst and brought them food when she felt their hunger. She brought them everything they need that she can give and the boys were proud at their baby.

But then, the boys shortly found out that the food their Yeseul brought them wasn’t for them. She just took it randomly somewhere and the boys found out about it when one of the staffs asked them if they ate the croissant he left on his chair. The boys shook their heads as a reply and the staff walked away, scratching his head as he think back where he had put it.

 

“Yeseul-ah. you shouldn’t take other’s things without permission okay? That’s not nice.” Kyungsoo scolded gently as he knelt in front of the pouting child.

“Kyungsoo appa was hungry. We wanted to give him food. He can’t get sick. He’s busy.” she said with teary eyes and Kyungsoo’s heart-shaped smile was out. His kid is just too sweet. Yes. He considers Yeseul his and he was sure that everyone has the same thought as well.

“Aigoo. Our Yeseul is so kind.” he ruffled the little girl’s silver hair before holding both of her hands and kissing it. “But please don’t take others’ things without permission again. You can ask any of us if you want something, okay?”

The child huffed, still pouting before nodding. “Yes, Kyungsoo appa.” she answered and Kyungsoo hugged her before letting her go and going up on stage, but not before he reminded Yeseul that she shouldn't roam where they can’t see her.

 

The next day, the boys were finally allowed to go back to their dorms to sleep. Yeseul was having a slight fever so they were relieved that they granted them time to rest. The EXO members thought it was because of sleeping out in the cold but it wasn’t. Kai and Lay’s waist injury were acting up due to heavy practice, Sehun has got scratches on him too because of the rehearsals. Kyungsoo’s ankle was nagging him and Kris chest pain was getting frequent.

Seems like Exo-L wasn’t completely turned into a human and being the first fandom spirit to be seen by their idols made her connection to them stronger. Now, she can feel their pain and happiness too. She’ll know what the idols are feeling and she would feel somewhat the same.

 

Xiumin made her take the fever medicine for kids they borrowed from Kai’s sister and let their little angel sleep. She was too comfortable sleeping beside Kyungsoo, who was hugging her like a paranoid father.


 

The next day, Yeseul’s fever went down but her appetite hasn’t got back yet. Kris went to visit the hospital to have his chest checked with Luhan who went to get an IV to recover from the fatigue. Chanyeol suggested to take Yeseul there too but they remembered that only them can see the little girl so the last plan was cancelled.

Yeseul stayed with them at the dorms and Lay cooked porridge for their baby girl. Xiumin was the one who fed her so she wouldn’t get too messy and ChanBaek were the ones who helped her wash up, tickling games included the process.

 

Kris and Luhan went back 4 hours later with the whole shop they bought. They passed by a store and decided to buy Yeseul clothes since she has been wearing the same thing for the past four days. Of course, Tao and Sehun always made sure to wash her clothes at night and let the girl wear their smallest t-shirt as pajamas but still, their daughter should have the best.

 

“They literally bought the whole store.” Kyungsoo and Chen looked at the Kris and Luhan help their baby girl try the clothes they bought for her. Yeseul became more cheerful when she woke up from her nap and it relieved the idols.

“Woah! Our Yeseul-ah is so pretty!” Lay cooed as soon as he saw Yeseul in her new clothes. Yeseul beamed at her idols and twirled for them to see her with her new clothes.

“Aigoo! Our princess is so beautiful. Jun Ji Jyun and Suzy should be scared.” Baekhyun said before kneeling and pulling the little lady for a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Exo-L chuckled, if Say A hears what Baekhyun just said, she’ll start to glare at him but of course, as Baekhyun’s fandom spirit she will glare back at Say A in Baekhyun’s place.

 

Suho then went out of their room with Sehun and the two quickly went over to compliment their princess. Sehun, and shortly, Tao, were both taking pictures of Yeseul but it failed. Even cameras couldn’t see her.

 

Suho, wanting to talk about Kris and Luhan’s visit to the hospital smiled at Yeseul. “Honey, why don’t you show your Kai appa your new clothes? He’s in his room with Umin appa.” he chimed and the kid was quick to run towards the said room, screaming ‘Kai appa! Umin appa’.

“Ah! She’s so cute.” Luhan chuckled as they watched the little girl run towards Kai’s room. They were probably napping but they knew they won’t be mad if it was Yeseul who’s going to interrupt them.

 

“So hyungs. How’s the checkups?” the leader asked in a serious tone and both sighed.

“The doctors said I might have heart problems so I have to go back to do more checkups.” Kris told. “I’m anaemic as hell and malnourished. Doctor Song scolded me again but I fell asleep.” Lhan shrugged and Suho felt sorry for the two. Almost everyone of them has body problems but no one could stop and take a break because of the concert which was four days away.

“Ugh. This is really getting difficult.” Kris mumbled and Suho patted his shoulders. “We’ll get through this hyung. Together.” the leader said and the others gave him an encouraging smile.

Kris found his stomach churning out of guilt. “Yeah, together.” he said quietly.

Kris was granted for a day off because of his possible heart disease and he was left alone with Yeseul in the dorms. He was watching the TV while Yeseul was playing with Pinku-pinku and one of those Nature Republic empty bottles on the floor right beside her. He was still pondering about his decision and his flight was already in the afternoon.

“Kris Appa?” his thoughts was put aside when he saw Yeseul looking at him. She can feel the turmoil in his heart. “What happened?” she asked and Kris was speechless. Even s didn’t know he was this messed up but it only took this kid a moment to know. Blinking his tears away, Kris pulled her into a hug and the spirit-turned-human hugged him back, bringing him comfort.

“Is it okay if appa ask you to call him Yi Fan papa from now on?” he asked, still hugging the child. He felt her head tilt on the side, stating her confusion, but never let him go. “Why?” she asked. Kris knew that this is the question their fans would ask him in the near future.

“What if it’s because I want to go away and want to change my name?” he asked and he felt the child stiffened, but didn’t let go.

“Then we will be sad.” she answered honestly. Kris felt like her answer was on behalf of their fans. Her voice wavering and Kris felt really sorry and hurt to hear that aching voice. “We will be sad and worry about the other appas because they will be sad too.” she explained.

“I’m sorry.” he said blinking away his guilty and aching tears, he has been hiding all these years.

Exo-L patted his back gently as she hugged him back. “We know. We are sad but we will understand someday.” she assured. “We might throw tantrums and bad words at first but please remember that we love you and wounds will heal in time.” she said and Kris let himself cry with the little girl in his arms. He wasn’t sure how the little girl was able to say those things but he knew it was all honest and true.

Exo-L finally broke the hug after a few minutes and put her hand on the idol’s chest while the other wiped his tears away. Kris met their fandom spirit’s eyes and noticed that it got a little bit darker. But even so, she smiled. “As long as you’re happy and healthy, we will be here for you. We love you, Wu Yifan, meigeni[1].”

 

 

1. It’s is called 每个你 in Chinese,means every you.

Wu Yifan always says: 我喜欢你,每个你。

(I love you,every you).

So meigeni(every you) represents Yifan stans.

Sehun was playing with Chanyeol and Kai in the waiting room. They have performed in a music show and now they’re waiting for their interview. The EXO-M members were at the concert hall preparing while K promoted.

The door opened and a small silver head appeared making Sehun and the other two turn to her. “Jongin Appa!” she called, her tone was upset and she went directly to Kai’s arms before she started crying.

Worried, Sehun stood up, eyes not abandoning their princess. “I’ll call the hyungs.” he said and went out of the room.

Kai held her close like a fragile possession while Chanyeol petted her head, hoping it’ll comfort the little child. He tried to ask what was wrong but Yeseul just kept on crying. Even when the rest of the members came and she was now in her squishy appa’s arms she still cried: For them and for Wu Yifan.

The whole set was in heavy atmosphere; pressure, disappointment, anger, betrayal, tiredness and hurt lingered all over the place and the fandom spirit was suffocating. Her eyes became darkest of the blues and her bones felt like they were rusting off due to all the negative emotions her appas were feeling.

Despite of feeling sick, the little girl stayed with them, hoping that tomorrow will be a brighter day for the eleven.

 

After two days of Kris’ disappearance, the news of him leaving EXO was finally out and everyone was surprised at it. The members were upset, but they put their emotions aside to keep their activities going. For the sake of the remaining members and for the concert. For their fans who they love and at the same time hate.

Their fandom was in chaos, divided opinions were thrown everywhere and almost everyone was picking sides. The EXO members were no fools. They are exposed to the Internet and can see their fans’ reactions.

 

“Appa, water?” Baekhyun was met with the doe eyed kid who they have been neglecting for the past few days. They were thankful because she didn’t demand attention and she was helping them in small things like bringing them water and food. She would give them hugs and kissed too whenever they felt like crying and if they every cry, she would cry with them and hug them tightly.

She got mad at Tao when the EXO-M maknae started talking about Yifan and the child, although crying, glared at him and told him that he should keep quiet. It didn’t last an hour though and their little princess came running to him crying as she apologized. And Tao, known as another cry baby, cried with him, mumbling ‘why gege?’


 

The remaining members pursued their career despite of the noise surrounding them regarding Yifan’s case who filed a lawsuit to dissolve his contract with their agency. The boys, tired emotionally, physically and mentally, worked like zombies and Exo-L who was having her own turmoil inside her body still tried to take care of her idols. How she wished that she has her powers now so she can also take care of Yifan, who was in China.


 

The day of the concert came and the EXO members faced the stage as eleven for the first time. All of them worked together to fill the void their former member left and despite of the exhaustion, they did everything oh so well. At first, they were self-conscious because of the lacking of one member but those galaxy like lights that filed the arena made them feel different. Thousands of stars are still with them, telling them to get up and be strong with every wave of their hands and every scream.

That time, the EXO members couldn’t believe themselves. How can they hate this fandom? These people who have loved them unconditionally. Sure they can be pain in the sometimes but that’s because they’re too large and young for anyone to handle and things could get out of control most of the time. But despite of their numbers, each and everyone of them are fragile and have dedicated their part of their lives for them. They have expressed themselves strongly and differently but all in all, everyone of them loves EXO. Even if they pushed them away or neglected them, these people still chose to stay by their side and they couldn’t be anymore thankful.

 

The realization of the worth of all their hard work hit them in full force when the concert neared its end the fandom flashed their banners saying ‘Thank you EXO’. Tears gushed down from their eyes and it was too bad they couldn’t talk because of the lumps they had in their throats. If they had the ability to speak back then, they would’ve told them that it was them who should say Thank you and not them.

Never in their life they’ve appreciated their fandom this much and they felt it, their dreams was starting to come true one by one, with Exo-L.

 

Some of them was still crying when they got back to their dressing room. The staffs were crying too, joining them in their emotional celebration as they have been the living witnesses of the boys’ suffering and struggles. Even the cold Manager Dan cried.

After an hour of thanking every staff and changing their clothes, Suho frowned and started scanning the room but failed to find what he was looking for. Soon, when the other members saw their leader look for something or someone they started to look too but panicked when they couldn’t find her anywhere.

 

Minutes of searching for their five year old princess was failing and they were getting desperate. Even wanting to call Kris if their child was with them but gave up on it because how could she go there alone, right?

“I’ll look in the concert hall again.” Chanyeol ran, despite of being dead tired. Sehun and Tao followed him before Baekhyun and Luhan. The arena was big so it’ll take a while to scan it.

 

The EXO members went on stage and thanked the gods because the lights were still on. There, they started their search. They heard a familiar giggle and squeals echo in the empty arena but they failed to see her.

“YESEUL-AH!” Chanyeol’s booming voice echoed in space and a giggle was a response they got.

“Yeseul-ah, sweetie?” Baekhyun called, eyes still searching the area when they heard Tao gasp.

“You get down there right this instant young lady!” Tao almost screamed, seeing their baby sitting comfortably in one of their stage props they used to ‘fly’ towards the audience.

“Tao Appa!” she waved her little hands at them and the five found themselves running to catch her just in case, they hope not, the child falls.

“Oh my god!” Luhan panted and his soul almost left his body when Yeseul suddenly let go of the rope and jumped off the lift.

 

“YESEUL!” The rest of the members shouted as they watched Yeseul fall laughing. Lay, Kai, Kyungsoo and Chen shut their eyes for whats to happen while Xiumin ran cursing because he knew he wouldn’t make it but still… he ran.

 

Sehun closed his eyes the moment Yeseul separated herself from the ride, preparing for the worse to come but what came next scared him more.

Their Yeseul was hugging his trembling body. He clung on Sehun’s lean body, giggling happily. After gathering himself, the idol did first was hug back the little kid tightly.

“You scared me Yeseul-ah, damn it!” he said in a hoarse voice. He lost his voice because of all the shouting they did during the performances and now he regretted it because he couldn’t scold his baby.

“Appa, I’m happy! Thank you and I love you!” she said and hugged Sehun again, surprising the idol. Soon, the rest came to them, passing the little sugar plum to one another to check if she was okay from the fall.

The idols watched their kid tell them ‘thank you’ and ‘I love you’ as they got hugged by her one by one. There they realized: that just like EXO-Ls, Yeseul has always been there beside them and they have been neglecting her too. Watching the little girl with tired smiles on their faces, they mentally promised to make up to her after this.

 

“So this is your idols, Exo-L.” an unfamiliar voice came and soon footsteps were heard. The idols gaped at the group of people they were seeing: An Elf with a sapphire blue hair, an anime looking lady with pink hair and an angel? Wow!

 

The boys quickly went mother hen with Yeseul and took her at the far back of the group, Kai was still holding her tight in his arms and the child rested her cheek on Kai’s with a smile. Her eyes lightened and a happy giggle came out when she saw her siblings.

“Elf, Sone, Cossiopieia!” she wriggled out of Kai’s arms upwards and when she finally freed herself, she flew towards them, dropping the jaws of the idols.

 

“Wuah! You even got back some of your abilities! I’m proud of you, Exo-L.” Sone cheered and hugged the child spirit. But then, she saw Baekhyun and glared at him. Taeyeon has been neglecting her lately because of her phone and the members often teases her with his name.

 

Elf saw the reaction of the idols and snorted. She can already imagine her idols’ reactions if they ever see her. Leeteuk and Ryeowook would probably clap their hands like seals in amazement while Donghae and Yesung would look at her like she the most fascinating creature they’ve ever seen. Kangin would go all tough and defense mode on her and then, you have Shindong, Eunhyuk and Kyunghyun running for the nearest door out. Henry would’ve come with those two idiots and Zhoumi would’ve started talking in Mandarin out of panic. Siwon would start to exorcise her with Sungmin as his side kick while Heechul would scoff at her, before scolding her that this isn't the time to be cosplaying and that Elsa is still the best.

 

Cassiopeia smiled at the happy spirit before greeting the idols. “Hello. We’re Exo-L’s siblings.” she said and the boys chorused an “EEEHHH?!”

“So you mean you guys are spirits of our fans and that Yeseul’s our fandom’s, EXO-L’s,  spirit?” Kyungsoo must’ve been really shocked because he was talking a lot.

“Yes and no.” Sone replied. “Yes, we are the spirits of the fandoms and no, Exo-L is not just EXO-L’s spirit. She is EXO-L.”

Chanyeol looked down at the spirit sleepily sitting on his lap. “You mean this kid.” He brushed the little girl’s bangs out of her face. “She’s the whole representative of that large group of people we call our fans?” he asked and Elf nodded. Chanyeol looked apologetically at the little girl before hugging her close. Exo-L snuggled at him until she finally closed her eyes. “It must’ve been hard for her. Always getting in trouble just because she’s young and held a big fandom.” he said.

“Yeah. We scolded her a lot too because she’s too passionate with her work that sometimes, she would taunt us because of something we say about you guys.” Sone pointed out. “We’re jealous creatures ya know.” she said, words hitting at certain someone.

“Not only that. You guys hated her so much that she had to take human form so she wouldn’t disappear. In other words, you almost killed Exo-L, your careers and yourselves.” Another young spirit with a pearl aqua green dyed hair came out of nowhere startling the idols. He apologized and introduced himself before sitting beside Chanyeol as he stared at his little sister who has gone through a lot.

 

"We’re really sorry about that.” Kai apologized and then remembered something the little girl told them the first time they met. “That explains why Yeseul said she's only two when I asked her how old she was." said and looked at the sleeping fandom spirit. Seems like EXO members and staffs weren't the only ones who got tired. Without them knowing, the two year old spirit turned human has been awake the whole time with them. It has been three days since they last slept and that's the same case for Exo-L who fought her human nature side.

The idols felt sorry for their fandom spirit and Chanyeol who was now holding the sleeping baby held her tighter so she won't get cold.

 

Cassie smiled at the idols. She can feel their love towards the little child and she was relieved they’re treating her right. "Another thing you should know…” she added. “Exo-L's human form can only last for a short period of time. That means, you have little time to heal her.

Remember, and idol's hate for their fandom is a poison to us spirits and hurting fans hurts us too, EXO-L’s case is severe though because she’s the first spirit to have contact with her idols. Now she doesn’t only feel your fandom’s pain and feelings but each and every one of you as well." Cassiopeia reminded them. They have been explaining to the idols about their fandom spirit's situation and luckily, they got it. Slowly but they were putting an effort to understand the bizarre thing that was happening to them and to their little princess.