Final

After You

Chanyeol isn't sure if he's ever seen Yifan look so bad. As the leader (or ex-leader now he supposes) steps over the threshold, he runs a hand through his disheveled hair. His complexion makes him look sick, and the rings around his eyes are darker than Zitao's.

 

But Zitao. The younger man almost looks worse. Zitao (with the help of the makeup artists) has done a fantastic job of concealing anything from the fans that would hint that he's just as miserable right now as Yifan is.

 

Chanyeol can only imagine what it is like for him right now. Zitao has taken to sleeping in the spare bedroom, which they usually use to store all miscellaneous things they aren't quite sure what to do with, instead of with Yifan, or even in his own bed, because he prefers to cry alone. Chanyeol has gotten up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, or get a drink, or to pull up the covers he had kicked off, and ended up standing outside the door, listening to Zitao whimper and sniffle in his sleep.

 

Yifan was— no, is like a brother to Chanyeol, and Chanyeol loved him as much as he loved his own family. He had believed they didn't have any secrets between them, Yifan could divulge his thoughts to Chanyeol, just as he could with just about the rest of EXO. Evidently, he was wrong, because Yifan couldn't tell him that he was unhappy, if that was his reason for leaving. And if it hurt this much being his best friend, what was it like for Zitao as his boyfriend?

 

Up until this point, Yifan hadn't been at the dorm since the rumors surfaced. Chanyeol remembers he was sifting through messages fans had sent him on his phone when he realized that more than half of them were asking him the same thing.

 

"Is Kris leaving?"

 

No.

 

"Kris-oppa isn't really leaving is he?"

 

No.

 

"Kris' lawsuit is fake right?"

 

Yes?

 

"Don't let Kris leave."

 

Leave?

 

And then some were angrier. He was thrown off by all of these. Where did anyone ever hear that Yifan was going to file a claim against the company? There was nothing to suggest that the man was unhappy being with EXO. Was there?

 

Yifan had known just watching Chanyeol's eyes go wide, and then narrow in confusion that he should probably leave now. He had patted Zitao on the leg gently, and the younger had moved distractedly, putting another piece of popcorn in his mouth, eyes intent on following the Chinese subtitles to some American movie. Yifan presses a kiss to Zitao's forehead, and Zitao nuzzles into his touch a bit before returning to the film. "God, uhm," Yifan sighs. "Zitao, you have to remember that I love you so much okay? Please," Zitao nods, still captivated as three girls explain to Lindsay Lohan that they wear pink on Wednesdays. Frowning ever so slightly, Yifan kisses him again on the lips, and Zitao wished he knew at that time what was about to happen, because he would have done anything to stop him from leaving.

 

Chanyeol wonders now why he wasn't more concerned then, hearing that, but they said stupidly cheesy things like that to one another every three minutes so it wasn't anything especially remarkable other than that it's probably the fifteenth time this morning that he's said that, and usually Yifan can manage to be slightly more creative with his lines.

 

It's only when Yifan is tugging on his shoes, tossing his jacket over his arm and walking out the door with a large duffel bag in his hand that Chanyeol is afraid that there's some truth to these rumors, but Yifan's already gone by the time he forces himself to accept this. Things were just a mess from that point on.

 

The lawsuit was then confirmed, and Zitao broke.

 

He had shaken his head furiously upon being told. Yifan wouldn't do that to them. He wouldn't. He laughed and asked if it was a joke, desperately trying to ignore the burning in the back of his throat, and the sudden blurred vision.

 

"Please tell me it's a joke," Zitao had looked to Chanyeol (who had to break the news) with so much hope in his eyes, wanting nothing more than to hear the rapper day it wasn't true. Chanyeol didn't know what to do. Yifan had already left a few days ago.

 

He touches Zitao's arm lightly, "Please," Zitao rests his forehead on Chanyeol's shoulder, hands coming to rest on his chest and Chanyeol pulls him into a hug and tries not to cry into his soft blond locks.

 

The man, though nearly the same size as him, seems small in Chanyeol's arms. It hurts to know all he can do is hold him and hope that it'll make him feel better.

 

"Please," Zitao whispers, as Chanyeol steps back. He drops to the floor slowly, and hides his face using the too-long sleeves of the sweatshirt he's wearing, which unfortunately is Yifan's.

 

Zitao finally understands the pain that had always seemed exaggerated on television.

 

It then dawned on everyone that Yifan had completely turned their plans for their first concert upside down, and Chanyeol can't recall ever being more afraid that his dream would not be accomplished.

 

Fans flooded them with a mixture of hate mail and desperately hopeful messages all directed towards Yifan. Chanyeol is touched by many of them. It's good they believe in Yifan, because he's not so sure he does. However, most every one of them has their own theories as to why Yifan is doing this, and the media only makes it worse. Zitao is thrown into another fit at each suggestion.They perform their first solo concert without him. By then, Chanyeol's fairly sure that Yifan is saying goodbye.

 

They all pretend that they're going to be okay without him (and they might eventually), that they don't really miss him as much as they do. And for a little bit, they can even fool themselves, but when it's over and there's no one around they need to perform for, the only thing they can think of is how much Yifan would have loved to be there with them, and how that should just come back because they need him because it feels wrong without him there. They need someone to give them sincere but somewhat clumsy pep talks, and someone to cut one leg off their jeans and walk around with a stuffed alpaca, and someone to look cool but be a completely lovable dweeb with the art skills of a four year old. They just need Yifan to come back home.

 

And now, after so long he's standing by the door and Zitao wants to scream. Yifan heart sinks when he sees Zitao, and as he approaches he braces himself. Shocked, Zitao's hand falls back to his side.

 

"Taozi," Yifan begins, reaching out for him sadly. Zitao turns and runs away. Yifan's not an expert on relationships or anything but he's pretty sure their relationship is over.

 

Chanyeol abandons the guitar tab he had been reading through and stands. He's pictured plenty of scenarios in which Yifan returns and in every single one he knew what to do, but can't bring himself to do more than gape.

 

"Hyung what did you do to Tao, he's— ," Jongin has to take a step back when he sees Yifan. The older looks at the floor, grimacing. "You'd better leave, if Sehun sees you you're dead."

 

"If Sehun sees who who's dead," the maknae asks grinning as he saunters into the room. Yifan gives a little wave. Sehun lunges at him. Jongin grabs him first.

 

"Did Tao already see you," Sehun hisses. Jongin mutters something to the youngest. Sehun seems to lose all the fight in him.

 

"Just leave us alone now hyung," Sehun doesn't sound like he wants to rip off Yifan's head anymore, but he'd almost rather he be furious than look at him like Yifan ruined his entire life and intends to make it worse. "Please."

 

Yifan is only here to apologize, and give them a proper goodbye; not that they want either from him. He was hoping to hold Zitao one last time too, but Zitao had made it perfectly clear how he felt about that. Nevertheless, he intends to accomplish at least half of what he came here to do.

 


 

Having run into a room and thrown himself onto the nearest bed Zitao ends up falling asleep after crying himself to sleep. Chanyeol isn't quite sure what he's supposed to do with the boy because he's on his bed and if he moves him he risks waking him up and facing the torrent of emotion that is bound to follow. He would sleep in Zitao's bed instead, but since Zitao always slept with Yifan the unused bed was up for grabs and Baekhyun immediately called dibs, and the man would rather die before giving it up for the night. There was always Yifan's bed too, but 1) that was basically taboo, and 2) he didn't know if he could stand being reminded of Yifan by every little thing in the older's room. Chanyeol really didn't want to sleep on the couch either because he kind of liked to walk around without back pains.

 

So he squeezes into bed with Zitao ignoring all the comments about it being too early to make a move on Zitao. He closes his eyes letting the fatigue take over, trying to not to think about how cute Zitao is when he's asleep.

 

When Zitao wakes up, he's nuzzled into a thin white t-shirt, and a pair of strong arms are holding him close. For a second, Zitao thinks it's Yifan, and that the whole incident was just a bad dream. He blinks the sleep from his eyes and looks up, but instead of Yifan's, he's met with Chanyeol's sleeping face. And suddenly, what felt so comforting moments ago seems so wrong.

 

Even so, it's probably the best he's slept in weeks. Not enough to make up for the hours he's lost unfortunately, as he struggles to get out of bed.

 

Chanyeol's bed is empty and cold in the morning. Confused, Chanyeol checks the floor, wondering if he maybe kicked Zitao off, but then even Zitao couldn't sleep through the impact. He rests his back against his headboard, wondering if it was weird of him to think that it was kind of lonely now without the Chinese boy.

 

Trudging out to the kitchen in his slippers, Chanyeol finds Zitao sitting on the floor gazing up at the toaster that sits atop the counter patiently. Zitao's been crying again, Chanyeol thinks with a frown, but he does look like he's slept better too, and that makes him a little happier.

 

Chanyeol leans against the wall, watching as Zitao periodically puffs up his cheeks and makes cute faces to keep himself entertained, before he decides to lay on the floor and play with one of the electronic things someone had left on the table.

 

"Morning hyung," Sehun claps Chanyeol on the shoulder as he passes him in the hall. The youngest is quick to plop down at Zitao's side. He pulls him up into his lap and gives him a squeeze, while Zitao remains passive, almost limp in his arms.

 

"You smell like Chanyeol," Sehun notes, somewhat puzzled.

 

Zitao doesn't say anything, he just squirms away from Sehun and lies back down, his blond locks fanned out on the tile.

 

"Tch," Sehun pushes himself up of the ground and gives an unresponsive Zitao a light nudge with his foot. Still, however against Sehun's affections Zitao might be at the moment, he eagerly accepts the freshly toasted poptart Sehun hands him.

 

Grinning, Sehun places a hand on either side of Zitao's head and bites off a piece of the pastry that's hanging out of his mouth. Zitao makes a noise of complaint and glares, using his foot to push himself across the floor and away from the youngest. Chanyeol glares too though he can't say why. Maybe because that's something that Yifan would do and it didn't seem right to tease Zitao like that right now, but then there's a small twinge pain in his chest and he's inexplicably angered by it. Or maybe he just wanted some of the poptart too.

 

The other members filter in over the next half an hour or so, already bickering with one another though they're all basically half dead from staying up much later than they really should have.

 

Everyone stops talking when Zitao toddles over hugging boxes of cereal. "Caffeine," he mumbles, dropping the boxes on the table and making a strange grabbing motion to no one in particular.

 

They all look at him worriedly, suddenly reminded of Yifan's brief appearance yesterday.

 

It could have gone worse, or so Yifan thinks. Yixing had a hard time looking at him, Minseok would have left if Luhan hadn't held him, and Sehun didn't seem to listen to anything he said. And Zitao had... Well. Seeing him run away probably stung the most. However, everyone else made some effort not to show Yifan how frustrated they were with him, and refrained from strangling him, which Yifan appreciated.

 

It had been sad to see his friends like this, and to know it was his fault made it worse. Yifan wonders if it was wrong of him to do this to them. Maybe his reasons were actually very selfish, in which case Yifan would gladly return, but that didn't seem to be an option anymore.

 

Zitao blinks sleepily around at the rest of them, pretending he didn't know why they were all looking at him with so much pity in their eyes.

 

"None of you are listening, I need coffee or something," he mumbles in Mandarin, sitting down in his own chair. More than half of them stare blankly. Huffing when no one moves Zitao unintentionally ruins his day, "Duizhang, coffee."

 

Zitao freezes at his own words, and shuts his eyes tightly like this will take back what just happened. He looks down at his lap, wishing he wasn't about to cry again in front of everyone. Don't do this again. Yifan isn't worth it, Zitao tells himself. He's not. He's not. He's not.

 

He feels pathetic when the first tears fall. He tries in vain to wipe them away and hold back any more but there's a sob fighting to escape and when it does Zitao knows he's lost because goddammit Yifan means the world to him.

 

Chanyeol reaches for Zitao's hand as he hurries out of the room, missing by centimeters.

 

Minseok bites his lip. He was pretty sure he had his emotions in check. Okay, losing Yifan is bad, but he didn't cry (until he was sure Luhan was asleep and wouldn't notice wet tears against his skin). Having the managers tell them they needed to continue on without Yifan as if he hadn't been there in the first place was like asking him to pretend those two years meant nothing to any of them, but he complied nonetheless. The fans obviously accepted he'd be shaken, but they had no idea how he really felt. Even the other members were surprised that he didn't seem to be all that concerned that Yifan wouldn't be with them any longer.

 

He was pretty proud of himself and his acting skills for accomplishing this rather flawlessly, and expected to be able to keep it up until he actually got over it, however far into the future that might be, but having Yifan stop by again reopened the wound and ruined all his hard work. It was suddenly much more difficult again to suppress everything, and he felt weakened by the effort. So much to the point that he couldn't stop the tears from falling as he watched Zitao run away.

 

Luhan places a hand over Minseok's smaller one, giving it a gentle squeeze and offering the oldest a sad smile, but Minseok's walls are finally crumbling and he can't hide the little whimpers that accompany his tears. Jongdae mouths something to Luhan and the man takes one last mournful look at his breakfast before escorting him out of the room.

 

It's silent now. The unspoken plan was to avoid acknowledging Yifan's little stunt yesterday and try to maintain their somewhat forced happy mood. Unfortunately that didn't work, and they had only just all sat down.

 

Baekhyun looks around uncomfortably, overturning the small marshmallows in his cereal with his spoon absentmindedly. "Well," he begins carefully, hoping not to provoke anything else, "Good morning."

 

That's even a little too optimistic for them at this point.

 

Kyungsoo's eyes flare a bit, and the older drops his hopeful smile, though Baekhyun already guessed by everyone's reactions that it wasn't a very appropriate time to speak.

 

The rest of breakfast is quiet, punctuated by occasional sniffs or coughs or the sound of Kyungsoo kicking Baekhyun's chair whenever it looks like he is going to open his mouth again. Luhan does pop in awkwardly after a while and takes his and Minseok's breakfast back with him, but Minseok's plate comes back with only a small bite or two taken out of his food so Yixing packs it up in a plastic container and sticks it in the fridge.

 

Later, Sehun struggles to get Zitao out of the spare room and to practice, which he ends up spending sulking miserably in a corner.

 

Lunch isn't much better. Joonmyeon went out and bought a lot of unhealthy western food, and 11/12 of EXO pigged out on pizza, chicken wings and high fructose corn syrup. After eating however, Zitao crawls back to the corner and lies limp on the floor.

 

Chanyeol can't help but watch the man the entire time, and is scolded by Yixing (their

dance instructor for the day) about being distracted. When the Chinese man turns back around Chanyeol sticks his tongue out at him and is glared at because Yixing caught that in the mirror.

 

That night, Zitao returns to the spare bedroom, and Chanyeol stays awake pushing back thoughts about how much nicer it is when Zitao is sleeping next to him. He'd like to fall asleep, he knows it's bad to be staying up so late when he's got a full schedule tomorrow, but for the duration of practice he was staring at Zitao's (which is actually really nice—) and he couldn't exactly stop anymore. But then it was also pouring out and the rain against their rather low quality windows makes an extremely annoying sound. Chanyeol chooses this as the reason for his inability to sleep.

 

The bed in the spare bedroom isn’t really even a bed. It’s a thin mattress on the floor, Zitao vaguely recalls someone calling it a futon, and he’s decided that laying on one was about as comfortable as the floor. Tomorrow, he told himself, he would risk asking Baekhyun for his bed back because the dorm’s floorboards were a literal pain in the back. That and he doesn't really love being eye level with pieces of the shrine to Minseok that Luhan had built. After being told by Kyungsoo he wasn't allowed to burn it, Minseok decided he'd feel bad throwing away something Luhan had spent so much time on, and put it in the spare room without telling Luhan, who was still very much convinced there were supernatural forces at work.

 

There’s only one window in the room, with a lovely view of a brick wall, but most of the crap in there blocks it up. However, Zitao excels in fearing things he can't see and simply hearing the increasingly louder rumbles that mix with the little tapping of raindrops on the roof is enough to frighten him.

 

Chanyeol stares out the window in hopes that maybe watching the rain long enough would be hypnotic enough after a while that he'd pass out, but then the thunder and lightning began and all Chanyeol can think about is why he hadn't checked Zitao out before because the man wears insanely tight pants all the time and—

 

"Hyung," A small voice asks. Zitao is standing at the foot of his bed, his hands clasped on his chest. "Could I sleep with you," he glances nervously out the window, flinching at the next clap of thunder.

 

Chanyeol is first struck by how dirty that could be in another situation, but then he's quickly moving over and pulling back the covers with a dumb expression on his face, the only face he can make around the man because he stops functioning at his touch even though that sounds like something a teenage girl with a crush would do and Chanyeol's not holy Zitao has nice thighs too.

 

"Here," Can I touch you? Chanyeol is completed captivated by the way Zitao's loose shorts rise up his thin legs as he climbs into bed revealing a lot of really really pretty skin that Chanyeol would personally like to— Jesus Christ.

 

"Thank you," Zitao mumbles. He lays down with his back to Chanyeol, and Chanyeol's probably supposed to turn around because no homo, but he finds that he doesn't really want to. He fascinated by the way the younger jumps whenever there's a flash or rumble outside. It's odd to see a grown man afraid of such things but Chanyeol is torn between thinking it's ridiculous and kind of adorable.

 

The next thunderclap is much louder than the rest and Zitao turns instantly to latch onto Chanyeol like the man could make it stop.

 

"I'm sorry," Zitao mumbles, ashamed that he's behaving like this in front of Chanyeol, and bothering him for another night in a row.

 

"It's okay," Chanyeol says, and he wonders why his tone makes it seem like he's actually sort of frustrated with the younger when he's not because there's this strange fluttering in his heart and he'd bet his entire hat collection that it's happiness.

 

Chanyeol knows it's written somewhere in the guy code that you can't snatch your best-friend's girl, or in their case, man-that-looks-a-lot-prettier-than-most-of-not-all-the-girls-around-him so soon after they broke up.

 

But, the little voice in Chanyeol's head argues, it's been like a month right, so isn't he fair game?

 

Upon thinking this, Chanyeol knocks his head against his headboard rather loudly, and Zitao watches the man writhe in pain curiously.

 

"What," Zitao begins but Chanyeol interrupts him with a mess of noises that would be profanity but they were all instructed not to teach Zitao any Korean curse words (not that Sehun paid those directions any mind).

 

Zitao doesn't say anything as he waits patiently for Chanyeol to stop crying because wow that hurt. It doesn't even occur to him it's still storming outside. "No, no, I'm perfectly fine thanks," The older reassures sarcastically. Zitao blinks.

 

"Okay."

 

Chanyeol tries not to feel so disappointed by the lack of concern, even though they all know the only sarcasm Zitao understands is his own.

 

"Actually I was kidding, this really hurts I think I need to put ice on it."

 

"Do I need to kiss it to make you feel better," Zitao teases, that dumb little crooked smile of his the only thing Chanyeol really cares about at the moment. That and Zitao was offering to kiss him and he wasn't about to pass that up. He sticks out his lower lip and pouts and Zitao gives him that cute little giggle of his before he moves to kiss this top of Chanyeol's head softly. The older can't stop smiling.

 

Chanyeol’s hyper-aware of Zitao’s hands on the side of his face, and the pretty pair of lips on his forehead. Zitao's clothes have a faint but distinctly sweet scent that seems like something a woman might use, very different from the cologne the stylists douse them in before they go out anywhere, but it's nice.

 

Oh, and Zitao's body but most notably his hips (he's going to die because his hips) are pressed very very very close against Chanyeol and he's not really sure what to do with his hands.

 

This is wrong, warns the little voice, you're betraying Sandara, your true love.

 

But then Chanyeol discovers Zitao isn't going to bat an eye if Chanyeol settles his hands just above the curve of his and he's too busy enjoying this to do anything intelligent.

 

Zitao can't believe how much he missed the feeling of being loved.

 

Zitao's very surprised in the morning when he wakes up tangled in Chanyeol's bed sheets with Chanyeol's lanky arm still draped over him. And having the members gathered around the bed staring at them is kind of weird too.

 

Why are their phones out?

 

"Sehun-ah, what are you doing," Click. Sehun smiles.

 


 

Yifan had rushed back home, flinging the door open to call out to Zitao and tell him the good news about the movie. The empty apartment only echoed sadly as it came crashing down upon Yifan again that he would no longer have someone to look forward to seeing at the end of the day, or have to dance stupidly with whenever something like this happened, and that he was terribly, terribly lonely.

 

Even after weeks and weeks of sleeping alone, Yifan still isn't used to it, and waking up isn't nearly as nice as it used to be. Especially not when Sehun sends you pictures of your ex and best friend cuddled up to one another in bed.

 


 

"You and Zitao are cute together," Baekhyun comments idly, the only thing Chanyeol's bothered to catch as Baekhyun has only been cooing over pictures of Taeyeon for the past few hours.

 

"What," Chanyeol pulls out his earbuds.

 

He hoped Baekhyun was referring to the picture of them sleeping and not that he had seen how much closer he and Zitao had gotten in the weeks since they had been caught.

 

"I dunno, just the way you act around one another now is kinda sweet. You know, all those little touches you exchange, and the way you look at each other, I'm kind of jealous," Baekhyun says this causally, before jumping up excitedly and shoving his phone in Chanyeol's face.

 

"What," Chanyeol repeats instead of telling Baekhyun to forget everything he saw.

 

"Like the way you'll slow down and trail your hand down his back when you walk by, or when you walk up to him you knock hips and he'll try to look angry but he can't, oh, or how you guys–"

 

Chanyeol groans and slumps forward on his bed. Baekhyun carries on as if Chanyeol wasn't even there anymore, describing all the "cute things" that Chanyeol has done and he's not sure he's ever been more embarrassed in his life.

 

"But what's more surprising than the fact that you're actually capable of doing any of this is that Zitao isn't still sobbing over Yifan."

 

Baekhyun doesn't say this with any hint of negativity but something in Chanyeol snaps anyway.

 

"Shut up," Chanyeol hisses defensively, "Zitao is not some teen-romance-novel-protagonist that will die because they broke up"

 

Zitao is walking down the hallway when he hears his name. So he presses his ear to the door and listens as Chanyeol tells Baekhyun off and defends him. And he's really touched. Like, really really really touched. There might even be tears coming, but he doesn't care because wow, Chanyeol is really—

 

"Ow," In the most cliché way possible, Zitao had accidentally leaned on the door handle and fallen flat onto the carpeting. Baekhyun grins and Chanyeol looks like he wants to die.

 


 

Zitao and Chanyeol sit awkwardly across from another, Baekhyun having been tossed out of the room by Chanyeol so he could try and explain to Zitao that even though he had sounded like he had a crush on him that it wasn't the case (even though it was) without any contradictory commentary from the eyeliner-freak.

 

Instead Chanyeol finds himself making that stupid face again because Zitao looks really cute. Long legs crossed, Zitao sits back using his arms as support, carelessly letting one of the sleeves of his baggy t-shirt slide a little too far off his shoulder.

 

"I... uh... was...um..."

 

"Thank you," Chanyeol isn't prepared for Zitao's smile.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Thank you for sticking up for me," Zitao says, his Korean a bit unsure. "It means a lot to me."

 

Smile.

 

"No problem. Ilikeyou," . Chanyeol doesn't even mean for that to come spilling out, and he's effectively done exactly what he didn't want Baekhyun to do.

 

Somewhere, in that small, horrible part of his brain that dealt with all the fluffy and shamefully romantic thoughts that ever crossed Chanyeol's mind, he had wanted his confession to be a lot more meaningful and heartfelt than accidentally blurting out it out.

 

He hides his face in his hands mumbling he's sorry over and over.

 

"Chanyeol," Zitao says softly. Chanyeol parts his fingers a bit to peek up at Zitao, who is wrapping his arms around him.

 

"That was really lame," Zitao chuckles.

 

"What are you saying," Chanyeol asks, daring to sound hopeful. Zitao kisses his cheek.

 

"I might just like you too."

 

Zitao loves the way Chanyeol's face lights up and the goofy smile he wears as he throws his arms around the younger. It's cute. It makes Zitao feel awful for what he has to say next.

 

"But I don't think I'm ready for another relationship just yet," Chanyeol feels like he should have seen this coming. Zitao's heart drops with Chanyeol's smile. He hopes Chanyeol doesn't misunderstand, please don't misunderstand.

 

Chanyeol's not too happy that Yifan hasn't let go of Zitao's heart just yet. He understands that it's a lot to ask of Zitao to get over a relationship of that length but it's hard to be patient. Why can't Zitao just be his?

 

"I'm so sorry. I just don't think I can confidently tell you I'm over Yifan yet,” In his distress, his accent becomes a bit stronger, “and even though you're so good to me and whenever I'm with you I'm so happy, it's like I don't have to worry about anything and I love that a lot," Zitao's voice breaks. Chanyeol hugs Zitao a bit tighter. "But as long as Yifan... as he," Zitao bites his lip, unable to continue.

 

"I know," Chanyeol says softly.

 

I just don't think it's fair for me to say yes and do that to you and—"

 

"Hey," Chanyeol uses his thumb to wipe away the tears, Zitao doesn't understand why Chanyeol's can still smile at him, "I get it, just don't cry anymore."

 

"I'm sorry about all of this I—"

 

"I can't kiss you when you're crying," Zitao falters mid-sentence. Chanyeol presses his lips to Zitao's while he's still startled by his words. He panics briefly when Zitao doesn't seem to react, but the younger soon relaxes into the kiss and reciprocates, his hands squeezing Chanyeol's shoulders.

 

By Zitao's words, he's technically being rejected, but to Chanyeol it hardly feels like he is.

 

"Chanyeol," Zitao mumbles as they break for a second, but Chanyeol's soon hushing him again and he doesn't object. Chanyeol is sure he will treasure these kisses for the rest of his life. As he breaks away, he studies the flushed boy in his arms.

 

Beautiful.

 

"Is it okay if I ask you to wait for me," Zitao hesitates under the man's fond gaze, "I mean I totally get it if you won't since that's really selfish of me but..."

 

"Yeah, I will."

 

Relieved, Zitao

 


 

to: taozi

from: wu yifan

 

zitao, are you and chanyeol really...?

 

to: ty bastard

from: tao

 

kind of

 

to: taozi

from: wu yifan

 

oh.

 

to: ty bastard

from: tao

 

yup...

 

to: taozi

from: wu yifan

 

does he make you happy?

 

to: ty bastard

from: tao

 

very

 

to: taozi

from: wu yifan

 

then just remember i love you

 

to: ty bastard

from: tao

 

for what it's worth, i loved you too

 

goodbye, yifan

 

thank you for everything

 


 

A/N;

 

unbeta'd

 

author-nim doesn't know what she's writing ヽ(;▽;)ノ

but ew this took me way too long and it's not even relevant anymore 

 

really i haven't kept up with this issue so time gaps and such are basically whatever was convenient for me, and probably didn't line up with the actual situation at all