Dream Infinite Subunits (feat. the Gyu)

Spreading the Sunggyu Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

You know what makes me just about as happy as Infinite making their comebacks? Subunits. Oh yeah, subunits!

Therefore, it seems timely to put out into the universe my dream Infinite subunits. Granted, Infinite is always best as a single, cohesive unit of hot, hot, hot, hot, hot, hot, scorching hot, but that being said, Infinite as 7 has a very particular, very unique sound. In order for the guys to grow and expand their skillset, as well as explore other genres of music they may personally enjoy, a subunit is the way to go.

Kim Sunggyu, Solo Artist Take 2

Yeah, okay, I’m biased. I’m a Gyustan to the max. My heart beats for that cutie commander in a way it will never beat for anyone else (mostly because if it beat that way for any additional parties, my old ticker would tucker itself out). Does that take away from the fact that his solo album rocked (pun intended)? Nope. In and of itself, it was a solid musical effort. Was it a genre I’m not personally that into? Yes. Did that diminish my love for it? Not one jot.

And I will never say no to any Infinite-related song having a music video with some semblance of a storyline. Even if that storyline leaves me scratching my head and wondering if I missed a scene. Or ten. And also had me yelling at the screen, “For goodness’s sake, USE A COASTER!”

I do hope that for his second solo outing, Gyu gets to do an MV (with a plot!) where he gets some non-member action. I know it rankled him that L ended up the hero of the piece!

Infinite H feat. Kim Sunggyu

Gyu working with the hip hop duo? This needs to happen! Like, club-a-producer-over-the-head-with-a-hamster-cage-and-threaten-bodily-harm-unless-he/she-complies needs to happen. Ever sinc

Please log in to read the full chapter