Intang(yu)ible Charms

Spreading the Sunggyu Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

A big problem with being a fangirl (or fanwoman, as the case may be) is accusations of shallowness, an unnatural attachment and obsession with the physical aspects of our beloved idols.

Well, when the object of your fannish affections is (arguably) the perfect mix of both sultry-y and oh-so-sweet, as one Kim Sunggyu is, you can’t help but admit these allegations have some merit.

(I think my nose is bleeding…and if you heard a muffled boom, that was my lady bits imploding).

Indeed, can it be denied that this is one supremely delicious man?

Mmmm, so pretty…Um, I think I had a point of some kind…

Ah, yes, I was trying to argue that fangirls (and fanwomen; well, fanpeople in general, let’s not be discriminatory) are not superficial. Or you know, they’re at an acceptable level of superficiality. For indeed, though I, for one, admit to loving all the bits of our bibimbaby that are detectable via the senses, those aren’t the only things about him that I adore. Oh, no, not in the least, for our cutie commander is so much more than a handsome face and a hot body. Take away all those physical attributes (and more obvious things, like his amazing vocal abilities), and there is still a plethora of features to stan with every fiber of your being.

So, without further ado, let’s take a look at the intangible charms of our dear leader, shall we?

His Autograph

I can’t be the only one who loves the way he signs his name, right? Those bold, assertive loops—omo, lady bits shivering. (And because this is a chapter that won’t be focusing on the physical, I won’t even call attention to the delectable hand that he signs with; Gyu’s hands deserve a chapter all their own!)

His Exemplary Manners

My mom has always said that manners are the best way to show people that you respect them, and I don’t know about you, but my heart pounds for a man who does just that. Sunggyu bows to everyone, not just people he should bow to, like elders and sunbaes, but also his fans and even, according to some accounts, his hoobaes! Tell me that’s not charming as all get out! You can take this man anywhere, and there’s only a slim chance you’ll leave and people w

Please log in to read the full chapter