Nothing More Than A Friend Part 3

Nothing More Than A Friend

 

Sehun didn't give up however because she really wants to know who was the one Luhan likes. 

 

So she ask Kim Joonmyun. Said girl is Luhan's second best friend being the same age and grew up together. Joonmyun is a nice sunbae that the whoe school likes, dubbing her as the second angel, after Park Jungsoo that is. Sehun likes Joonmyun too because she's very pretty and kind and warm hearted and always smile to everyone she sees despite not knowing them. 

 

So Sehun was shock to walk in Kim Joonmyun and Zhang Yixing making out on the piano seat at the music room.

 

She intended to find said sunbae and knew she would be at the music room as that's her favorite place. The couple had pull apart from each other almost immediately with cheeks flushed and disheaveld appearance. Sehun's cheeks were red as she avert her eyes anywhere except the couple. "Umm.... ah..... c-can I talk to Joonmyun sunbae for a while?" She ask and Yixing nod standing before giving Joonmyun a small peck on the cheeks and walk out. He gave Sehun a short nod, knowing her as he used to date Jongin but they broke up months ago. 

 

"S-Sehun right?" Joonmyun says and Sehun nod eyeing the shorter yet older girl. Joonmyun eyes crinkle as she smiles before she pat the space beside her and although hesitant (eww, who knows what germ there is), Sehun took the seat. It was quiet for a moment as Sehun ponders on what to say as the situation she caught them was very inappropriate. "Look, you don't have to be so awkward around me Sehun-ah" Joonmyun laughs and Sehun thinks, she like her laugh. "So what did you want to talk about?" 

 

"I want to ask about - wait, how did you know my name?" She ask with eyes wide and Joonmyun chuckles nodding approvingly. 

 

"Luhan told me about you. He talks about you a lot" 

 

"Luhan? He talks to you about me?" 

 

Joonmyun laugh and nod once again. "Yes, he does. And Luhan is right. You are very cute" that line made Sehun turn a deep shade of red. So Luhan thinks I'm cute, she thinks giddily. 

 

"So what did you want to talk about?" Joonmyun ask as she looks at Sehun intently. Said girl bit her lips and Joonmyun chuckles at her. "Come on Sehun-ah. You know you can ask unnie anything" the older state and Sehun smiles at the friendly gesture  

 

"Sunbae, do you know who Luhan likes?" 

 

Joonmyun blinks at the question thrown at her and Sehun becomes nervous when the older girl kept quiet for a long time. She wonders if it was right of her to actually ask that question. It's not like she's anything to Luhan anyways, why would she even want to know who the one in Luhan's heart is. 

"I'm sorry Sehun," Joonmyun said breaking Sehun from her own thoughts, "I don't think Luhan actually tells me anything." 

Dejected, Sehun forced a smile to Joonmyun before saying a thank you to the older girl and apologising for bothering the girl. She left the room, smiling at Yixing who was waiting outside, not bothering to look back when Yixing close the door of the room with a soft thud. 

 

 

 

 

Sehun sighs as she look at her physics book spread open in front of her. She was supposed to be doing her work that her tuition teacher told her to do yet her mind was somewhere else. It bothers her that the fact that Luhan has a crush on someone, that thought annoys the hell out of her. She didn't realise that her actions caught the attention of Chanyeol who was sitting across her. The man tried to get her attention but Sehun was so lost in her thought that she didn't notice his effort. That is until she felt a soft kick against her leg that she looked up to him.

 

"Sehunnie, what is wrong with you? You don't pay attention today, that is so not like you" he says with a cheeky grin and Sehun had to smile at him. Somehow being with Chanyeol always make her feel relaxed. He was the one that she can tell anything, he is considered as his best friend. 

 

"I'm fine Chanyeol, just so occupied with Luhan" 

 

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, "Luhan? The guy you have a crush..." Her cheeks tinted pink when he said that and immediately she got up to cover his mouth before he could say anything further. Eyes wide open, Sehun look around the table so that she could make sure her sudy mates hasn't heard what Chanyeol just said. Instead, what she got was a smirk from them. 

 

"Just look at them going on like a couple again and again. Don't you think they are cute?" Luna says as she turns towards Minhyuk who has the same smirk on his face. "I know right Sunyoung. I just wish I have someone like that who could be lovey dovey with me" hecries and Sehun's cheeks turn even red. 

 

"We're not a couple and we are never going to be a couple" She cries out, missing the hurt look on Chanyeol's face. "You really think so? But isn't my cousin Chanyeollie so cute? Don't you see how handsome he is, hmm?" Minhyuk taunts and Sehun feels like ripping his head off his body. Before she can say anything, Chanyeol puts a hand on her shoulder, an act that both of them knew that he was trying to calm him down. 

 

"Hyuk-ah, why don't you stop taunting Sehun and go back to your work. Chul-eomma will get mad at us if we don't finish our work, right?" At the mention of their teacher, Minhyuk and Luna immediately pay attention at their work knowing that said person was very scary if she wants to be. Sehun smile gratefully at Chanyeol. 

 

"We'll talk later" he mouths to her and Sehun nods her head happily. 

 

 

 

 

"Honestly, I don't know Chanyeol. I really want to know who Luhan likes but I don't know how. I'm just really curious, you know" Sehun whines as she and Chanyeol sits under the tree on Heechul's yard. It was huge and enough to protect them from the blazing sun. "I know that it's because you like him. That's why you want to know soo much about the person that he likes." 

 

Sehun pout but nods in agreement with what Chanyeol had said. 

 

"I asked about his type. He said I was close to his type of girl" Sehun says, smiling bashfully as her cheeks turn slightly pink, "but he also said that Jongin was also close to his type. Does that mean he likes Jongin? Or is it me?" 

 

Chanyeol thought for a while. "It could be that he likes you. You also said that he is sometimes nervous around you, doesn't he? The person that he likes could be you, you know." 

 

Sehun sighs wishfully. "What if it's not me? It would hurt so much if it wasn't. I mean, I like him too much. How can I handle the rejection?" she says before she burrows her head between her knees. Chanyeol pats her back. 

 

"Hun-ah, you have me," he says smiling at her. She smiles. 

 

"Thanks Yeollie. You're the best friend ever." 

 

Sehun didn't notice the longing look in his eyes as he look at her. 

 

 

 

 

It was english class that day and Sehun doesn't feel any energetic. Her mind has been preoccupied with the thought of knowing who Luhan likes that she couldn't sleep properly. It turned out worse when she came into class and Luhan smiles the moment he sees her. It's bad enough that her heart beats so fast when she sees the cute smile on his face. 

 

"Sehunnie, good morning" he greets her loudly, garnering the attention of some of their classmates. They snickers and Sehun knows that they think she and Luhan are a couple. That was what everyone thought and she wish it could be true. And she hopes it will be true. 

 

"Morning Luhan" she says as she yawn and watch as Luhan's smile turn into a frown. 

 

"Are you okay? Why do you look so tired?" he ask worriedly and her heart skip a beat to know that yes, he is worried about her. 

 

"Don't worry, I just couldn't sleep last night. A lot has been in my mind," she says as she yawn again and Luhan looks at her worriedly. "Would you like to tell me? Maybe I could help?" 

 

Sehun smiles at him. 

 

"Luhan, who do you like actually?" 

 

It was quiet as Luhan stares at her in shock. "That's what you've been thinking the whole night?" Sehun smile sheepishly. "That and a lot of other things. Maybe if you tell me, it would lessen my burden?" she suggested and Luhan sighs. 

 

He was quiet for a while and Sehun thought that she has cross the line. "If you don't want then maybe..." 

 

"Fine, I'll tell you" he says cutting her words short, looking at her seriously. "But promise me that you would never tell a soul." Sehun stares at him, shocked that he's willing to do that. Slowly she nods her head. 

 

Luhan sighs. 

 

"Jongin. I like Jongin."