Nothing More Than A Friend Part 1

Nothing More Than A Friend

 

 

 

 

 

I was just a mere friend to you but you are more than just a friend to me 

 

 

 

 

 

The day Sehun met him was still fresh in her mind, replaying like it was taped to her brain and never let her forget. She never did, because it was a memory she never wants to forget. He is far more precious than what he thinks of her and Sehun just wish , hoping that it would stay that way because she knows, she'll never get him. He was never hers from the start. 

 

Sehun and Luhan met in English Class. He is three years older than him yet they got into the same class because Luhan in english. It was his black hole in his years of studies, the subject that kept bringing his grades down. Sehun on the other hand was very good in english. She had been living in Canada at the age of thirteen and return back to her hometown at fourteen. Her cousin Wufan had stress english on Sehun and Sehun even write fanfics just for enjoyment. 

 

Of course they don't care about each other.. yet. They barely know each other and despite having the same circle of friends, their lives never cross each other until english class. Sehun just happens to be a very shy kid since she was small so it took a while for her to make friends. Her best friend is Kim Jongin, one of the pretty ballerinas at school and how Sehun and Jongin are friends is a mystery to most students. 

 

They went to the same english class. But they never got to sit by with each other. You see, the english teacher which they called Mrs. Jung is very strict especially having her younger sister in the class. Sehun had sat with Kim Jongdae, an old friend and also a crush of hers since elementery school. Jongdae here is very nice and kind and quite good looking too. 

 

"Sehun, I want you to meet Luhan. Hyung, this is Sehun, my old school mate" 

 

The first time Sehun met Luhan, she thinks he's a troubled kid. He has a perfect brown hair that match his crystal clear eyes and pale skin but he had a scowl and somehow a cigar. Sehun doesn't like people that smoke. Smoking is very bad, her mother always teach her that and Sehun avoided people who smoke. Which is now Luhan. He nod at her in acknowledgement until the cigar was pulled from his mouth making the man let out an unmanly yelp. 

 

"Luhan! How many times do I have to tell you not to smoke!" 

 

It was Jongin, frowning at Luhan with her arms cross against her chest. Sehun noted how Luhan seems to brighten at the sight of Jongin - wait Jongin knows Luhan? Sehun made a mental note to ask Jongin about it later on. "Jongin, you know how I just want to look manly" Jongin mutters something under her breath that sounded like - manly my - before turning to face Sehun and smile brightly at her best friend. 

 

"Hun! Come on. Let's go and get some drinks" Sehun let herself getting drag away but the image of Luhan pouting was stuck in her mind. He looks cute. But Sehun still doesn't like him. 

 

 

 

 

 

They never talk to each other again until that one faithful day. Exams are over and Mrs. Jung gave back their papers. Sehun felt really happy because she got an A+ which just happens to be the highest in class. Luhan however had fail the test (which Sehun couldn't believe because who fails english) and Mrs. Jung was not pleased. Luhan on the other hand looks like he doesn't care a about his results which kind of piss Sehun off. 

 

"Jongdae, can you change places with Luhan? I want you to sit beside Sehun. She has the highest mark and I hope you would be able to find the will to actually pass this class and get on with your life like what you have done in the past three years. I'm kind of sick seeing you everyday" 

 

Sehun thought that Mrs. Jung's words was a little bit too harsh but Luhan certaintly wasn't on the same page as Sehun. He smirk at Mrs. Jung before changing places with Jongdae. Mrs. Jung start the class and Sehun pays attention because if she doesn't then she wouldn't understand what is going on. A poke on her waistline caught Sehun's attention and Luhan smile at her. Sehun frown at him. 

 

"Luhan. We've met before right?" 

 

Sehun blink at him before nodding at him, not knowing what to say. "You're Jongin's friend, right?" Once again Sehun nod and Luhan smile so brightly. "Sehun right?" 

 

"You know Jongin right? How?" 

 

Luhan smile as he look at the said girl they were talking about. Jongin is really pretty with her eyes concentrated on the work sheet and her hair into a braid that hang losely on her shoulder. Sehun saw the dreamy look Luhan gave Jongin but took no notice of it. "I'm a friend of hers. We had the same art class with Mrs. Wu. Jongin looks out for me" Sehun nod. 

 

"Well I see that the both of you are bonding very well Mr.Lu, Mrs. Oh. But I hate to break this but do your work right now or I will drop you from this class" 

 

Sehun muttered a small okay while Luhan had his hands up in a surrender act as he smile sheepishly at their teacher. Said teacher roll her eyes before going back to her seat, the class was quiet as they all were doing their work. The work given to them was very easy to sehun because this is like the basics nessecities for english. So it wasn't a surprise when she finish first. Looking around most of them had done their work till Sehun direct her attention to the male beside her. 

 

Luhan had his tongue sticking out while he concentrate on doing his work. He frown from time to time which turn into small curses because Sehun realize he couldn't do it! Sehun deadpanned for a while wondering why someone couldn't do this until Luhan grumble under his breath and direct his attention to Sehun. 

 

"You're done?" Sehun nod mutely and watch as Luhan's lips turn into a small pout as he look back at his work. It took Sehun a few moments before she scoot her hair closer to Luhan and look at his worksheet. Most of it were blank, Luhan couldn't answer it despite the fact it was completely easy. "That one is wrong. It should be was not is because it's past tense and not present" 

 

Luhan obediently did what Sehun told him to. It goes on for a while with Sehun occasionally pointing out which one of his answer is wrong and Luhan turns to Sehun when he couldn't answer the question. The bell rang indicating that class is over and Luhan still atleast has ten more questions. Mrs. Jung clap her hands to get everyone's attention. "We'll discuss this in the next class and Mr. Lu better get it done. That is all. You are dismiss" 

 

"Hey thanks" Luhan says as Sehun was packing her bag. "You know for helping me. I appreciate it a lot" Sehun smile and nod. "Welcome. If you need any help you can just ask me" Luhan seems to be completing this as he glance at Jongin which had Sehun raise an eyebrow. She didn't think much of it. "Okay. I will. Thanks again Sehun" 

 

It send some butterflies in Sehun's stomach when he Said her name and Sehun doesn't know why. But one thing for sure, Luhan might not be that bad. 

 

 

 

 

 

The days past by with Sehun and Luhan meeting at the English class and somehow Sehun always look forward for that class. She enjoys being there because Luhan is being the wimpy little child he is while trying to act manly and annoys her a lot. "You guys look like a couple"  Soojung, Mrs. Jung's younger sister, says to Sehun as she and Soojung work on a project for chemistry 101 together. Sehun had raise an eyebrow at Soojung and says out a clear " what?"  Soojung laugh at Sehun's priceless face making Sehun pout at the girl. " Soojung, tell me. What do you mean by we look like a couple?" 

 

" You guys sit side by side and you always help him with his work. Luhan smiles a lot when he's around you. Luhan is actually a shy kid until he becomes  friends with Jongdae and Baekhyun. Although he is still a shy kid" Sehun frown because Luhan does not look like a shy kid at all. "But I certaintly think we don't look like a couple at all. what makes you think so? We aren't a couple anyways, will never forever"  Soojung only smiles at her.

 

"Well, you guys still look like a couple. The way you two look at each other seems to tell otherwise. He has this twinkle in his eyes that could be interpret  as all love and rainbows. Believe me, he likes you" 

  

"Just like how Aiden look at you?" 

 

Soojung blush furiously. "Whatever. You guys still look like a couple. Maybe who knows, you guys might be a real couple soon" 

 

Sehun laugh because it's impossible.

 

 

 

 

 

"My friends think that you and me are a couple" Luhan says to Sehun the moment she sat down beside him. It took Sehun a moment before she comprehend what he said and had wide open. "My friends too. They think I'm dating you" Luhan look at Sehun before the both of them burst out laughing. This action cause a small whispers from their classmate. "What did you say?" 

 

"I said it was impossible. I like you but not in that way"  Luhan says and Sehun chuckle nodding at him. "Yeah me too" although somehow Sehun felt her stomach churning at his words. What is wrong with her? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sehun, do you like Luhan?" 

 

Sehun look at Jongin with wide eyes. "What?" The older girl scowl at the other. "I ask, do you like Luhan?" Jongin says looking dead serious making Sehun gulp down her saliva because why is Jongin so serious? "No" There was a moment of relief flicker across Jongin's eyes but it was gone almost immediately and Jongin nod her head happily. "Good" 

 

"Why would you ask me if I like Luhan or not?" 

 

Jongin smiles at her. 

 

"You guys look like a couple but you don't like him so you're not" 

 

 

 

 

 

From: Luhan 

Hey, what are you doing? 

 

From: Sehun 

Hey. Nothing. 

 

From:Sehun 

Jongin just ask me if I like you or not. 

 

From: Luhan 

Really? (0_0) 

 

From : Sehun 

Haha yeah. It's stupid you know. 

Jongin thinks we're a couple ^_^ 

 

From: Luhan 

Haha... so you told her we're not then? 

 

From: Sehun

Yeah. 

 

From : Luhan 

Good. I kind of have a small crush on someone right now. 

 

Sehun stop for a while to stare at the text from Luhan. He has a crush on someone. He has a crush one someone.  Luhan has a crush on someone! 

 

From : Sehun

Really? Who? 

 

Sehun tap her fingers onto the table as she waited for his answer. Who might the girl be? Sehun was curious and it bothers her a lot. 

 

From: Luhan 

Secret =P 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun plays with her pen as she sat on a table at the cafeteria alone. Jongin has yet to  arrive and Sehun being the faithful friend she is waits for her arrival. They have Calculus after this and Sehun hates Calculus by all means. It's all numbers and stuff and Sehun just doesn't understand. Just like how english is Luhan's black hole, Calculus is Sehun. The girl just let out a sigh and wonder if she is going to pass the exams or not. 

 

"Sehun!" 

 

Luhan appeared out of nowhere shocking the daylight out of Sehun who frown at the chinese man. He had wide loopy grin on his face that just annoys Sehun a lot - but she finds it endearing - before he plop himself next to her. "What'cha doing?" Sehun groan at the overly hyper voice of Luhan. 

 

"Calculus" 

 

Luhan let out a humm before he crane his neck to look around the cafeteria for a certain ballerina. "Where's Jongin?" He simply ask and Sehun stop to look at Luhan with squinted eyes. "She's on the way. Why do you always ask for Jongin? Do you like her?" 

 

Sehun expect for Luhan to just laugh it off and says no. He has a crush on someone  now, that was what she was waiting for. But instead the tips of his ears turn pink and he let out an awkward cough. "Ugh no, I don't like Jongin" Sehun eyed him curiously but decide Calculus is better of her time for this moment and brush off the subject. 

 

"Do you want me to help you?" 

 

Sehun roll her eyes at him. "And why should you?" Luhan let out a chuckle as he scoot closer to Sehun and look over at her work. Sehun felt her breath hitching at the sudden closure between them. "I got an A+ for Calculus. I'm quite good at it" 

 

The roles are turn as Luhan taught Sehun the basics of Calculus and Sehun listen attentively. It turns out to be quite easy after Luhan's explaining but Sehun found it hard to focus when all she can look is how Luhan looks like. He is very handsome Sehun has to admit now that she got to know him better. And he certaintly wasn't as bad as Sehun thought he would be. 

 

"Earth to Sehun!" Sehun got back to reality as Luhan wave his hand in front of her. Her cheeks turn pink as she realize she has been staring. Why is she staring? Luhan smirk at her. "Am I that handsome that have you staring at me?" Her cheeks turn even redder as she scowl at him. "No. I was just thinking about something" 

 

"No you weren't. You were staring at me. I know I'm hot Oh Sehun. Just tell me I am" Sehun felt even more embarrassed as she scowl even further making Luhan laugh out loud. 

 

"Well, someone seems to be bonding well with her seatmate" 

 

A voice says and Sehun was grateful that someone is here to help her out of her misery. Sehun turn to greet her best friend but Luhan beat her to it. "Jongin! Why do you always come late to school?" Jongin shrug as she cross her arm across her chest. Despite dressing up hastily and her hair tied messily, Jongin still look beautiful and that always manage to make Sehun jealous of her. 

 

"Just. Hey, I need to get my dancing bag from the locker. I'll see you in class later on okay" Jongin says and Sehun nod. Luhan got up and the warmth Sehun felt when Luhan was by her side was gone almost immediately. She frown at Luhan. "I'll follow you, can I?" 

 

Sehun push the thought that Luhan looks five times happier. 

 

Jongin nod before she wave a goodbye to Sehun and walk out. "Bye Sehun! See you in english later!" And Luhan was out of the door even before she knew it, bolting after Jongin. Somehow a part of Sehun wants Luhan to sit here with her and continue to teach her. 

 

Somehow seeing Jongin and Luhan together hurts. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 She stare at him as he work on his work that  Mrs. Jung gave them. Sehun has long been done with them and they were all patiently waiting for Luhan (and a few others) to finish their work. Luhan is realy handsome, Sehun noted as she watch his lips turn downwards into a frown. It was the question that had such face from Luhan. 

 

"Sehun, can you help me" 

 

He is kind, Sehun thought, as she explain to Luhan about what the work was about. Hardworking and quite smart, she added in her mind as she let Luhan do the work by himself and tel him to ask her if he needs her help. Such a boyfriend material, Sehun thought as she stare at him. 

 

She noted on how his eyes resembles a  deer. His skin is pale, milky pale and his lips were pinkish that looks very tempting. It was no wonder that most girls flock over Luhan. He is very attractive despite his bad boy-ish charm. 

 

"You know, I can help you with calculus if you want me to. Even other subjects" Luhan says as he rest his head against the table as he look at her. Sehun did the same thing and now they're facing each other. Sehun felt very self concious as Luhan look at her but manage a smile. "Really? Even biology?" 

 

Luhan laugh that sounds very much like a soft music in Sehun's ears and nod. "Yes. Even biology. I am smart except for english" Sehun scowl and he chuckle again. 

 

A silence took over them as they look at each other in the eyes. Her heart beat was very much beating a little bit too fast and Sehun just couldn't think properly anymore. He's a boyfriend material, she thought giddily. The perfect boyfriend. 

 

Maybe Sehun likes Luhan. 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun likes Luhan. 

 

"Jongin" 

 

Sehun calls from where she was sprawl all over the bed and said girl look up and let out a humm. "What is it?" Jongin turn her attention back to the game she was playing but her ears were on Sehun. Sehun let out a wistful sigh before she sat up and ran her fingers throuh her blonde locks. 

 

"I have something to tell you" 

 

Jongin nod and after killing her enemy in the game, she drop the controller onto the floor and jump on the bed. She look at Sehun who look very much troubled. "What is it Hun? You know you can tell me" Sehun grown before she pull a pillow and buries her face into it. 

 

Jongin just let her. After years of being friends with Sehun, she knew the girl would let it out when she wants to. Sehun sometimes have troubles in saying out her problems. And judging from this situation , Jongin guess it's serious. 

 

"Jongin?" Said girl humm and Sehun look at her with fearful eyes. 

 

"I think I might like someone for real this time. And I don't think it's just a  mere crush" Jongin raise an eyebrow because who has taken little Sehunnie's heart that had her into this mess? Jongin felt excitedness bubbling in her as she grab onto her best friend. "Seriously? Who is it? Tell me Sehun-ah!" 

 

Sehun was quiet for a while and then said the words that Jongin had never expected. 

 

"I think I like Luhan more than I thought I would"