Guys perspective (Gathering)

Is there a chance

So after the meeting, everybody went to this couple's house. It was the house of the brother that conducted the Watchtower Study. Their house was huge and beautiful. We also arrived late here because we stopped over at a store to get something to bring to the party because we didn't want to come empty handed. 

When we got there, the house was already filled with people. I think we were the last ones to arrive there as well. We saw food getting put on the table and we saw more sisters cooking some food so I guess we were not completely late. People were just talking. It was a little funny. It was kind of like my high school years. Everybody had their own group. THe middle aged ladies were in front of us, the brothers were outside on the deck talking, the kids were outside playing basketball and last but not least, these three teenage girls sitting by the window just talking to themselseves. Oh and there's me and Troy who were just standing there in the middle of the crowd talking to each other. 

It was funny because those teenage girls were in front of the food and I can tell they were starving and they were just staring at the food like "why can't we eat you yet?!?!?" Their faces are priceless. Especially the girl in the middle. She was the crazy one out of all the three. She was almost drooling when looking at the food. She would be making her friends laugh and she laughs loud. Yeah she was crazy but she seems entertaining. Atleast instead of being bored waiting for the food, she was able to entertain her friends and not think about food. Even though it looks like most of their conversation was about the food in front of them. 

There were times where those girls would just be quiet and sit there and just stare at the food. And same thing happened with me and Travis. We would have small talk and then just stand there looking at people enjoying their time. I'm really awkward at parties like these. I only talk to people I know and I'm not the type of person who would go up to someone and introduce myself. I'm shy. Most of the people from the gathering are people thatI've never seen before and whats even scarier is that they're foreigners so I don't know how to approach them. 

So me and Troy were just standing there amongst the crowds not doing anything when a friend of ours came to us and asked us why we were not mingling and getting to know other people. I couldn't answer her. Her name was Dana. She was also a filipina married to a guy named Earl. She wanted everyone to have a good time and so she took me and my brother and we went to those three teenage girls by the window.

Dana: Guys, meet the quiet girls. Girls, meet the quiet guys. All of you are just quiet and not talking to anyone so now, go talk to each other. Guys, meet the girls. this one is Tiffany, the one in the middle is Denice, and the one on the very left is Jane. Girls, meet the guys, This tall one right here is Jake and the guy next to him is Troy. Ok now I've started introductions for you guys .... you do the rest of the talking ....

and with that, she left us alone to talk to each other. So I tried having small talk with them. I asked them what congregation they're from. Tiffany and Denice goes to the same congregation in Dayton. Ohio and Jane goes to a congregation in Columbus. Jane speaks so quiet that's why i had to keep asking her where what congregation she goes to because i could not hear her with all of the people chatting and laughing and being loud in the background. 

After that, we were back to talking among ourselves. The girls with each other and me and Troy with each other. Then Dana passed by and saw us not talking to each other. And she said "GO TALK" and walked away. We started talking again....and Dana passed by again and Denise told her "We're talking" and I joined her by saying "Yeah, we're talking now" and Dana gave us a thumbs up and walked away again. The conversation didn't last long. After that, we were back talking to our group. SO me and Troy decided to go to the other side and talk to other people coz it seems like we're not going to get anywhere with these girls. 

Soon after that, the brother made some few announcements and said that the food was almost ready. After the announcement, I saw Denise taking pictures of the food....Filipinos and their passion for taking pictures....

A few minutes later, the last batch of food was served and it was time to say the prayer. 

After the prayer, everybody started lining up for the food because everyone was hungry. The three starving girls were the very first ones to get the food because they were next to the table during prayer. They couln't wait to eat. They were the very first ones to sit down and eat their food too. 

The food was different. It was food I've never had before. It's got a different taste but I liked it. It was good and well cooked. These FIlipinos know how to throw a party and cook amazing and delicious foods. I ate this one food but I didn't know what it was. It looked like eggrolls but the insides were different. Denice explained to us that it was  a desert called Tooron....I know I spelled that wrong but that's what it sounded like she said. It's got plantains in it and yellow jackfruit.....a fruit that I guess is only available in their country. It was weird tasting but I guess I would like it more if it was fresh. SOme of the food on the table kinda got cold while waiting for the other foods to be cooked. 

After eating, people started doing Karaoke. I didn't want to be forced to sing so I just went outside and talked to the people there. Dana saw Tiffany and Denice talking together and being by themselves again so she called them outside so they could talk to us. But only Tiffany came outside. We talked to her and personally, i think she's really cute. like a little kid. She's so small and she is very soft spoken just like Jane. Jane was already talking to us way before Tiffany came outside. TIffany and Jane were pretty funny. But some of the people that we were talking to had to leave so we all had to go back inside and join the karaoke gang. I sang some songs and embarassed myself quite a bit but pretty much everybody was doing the same thing so it was ok. Denice and Tiffany sang a couple of songs together. I didn't know Tiffany likes doing karaoke too but I guess its in her half filipino blood. 

Jane and her family had to leave early since they have quite a long drive back home, I looked around and I saw Denice on her phone. She was probably texting her boyfriend....she was being anti social. Then a few minutes later, she went to where Tiffany was and started talking to her. They were both in front of me laughing and giggling and I'm just there like.....uh....Tiffany sang a couple of songs and a few minutes later, they had to leave. They said bye to everyone and now, Denice is all alone. Both of her friends left and she has no one to talk to. 

I was thinking to myself..."this is the perfect opportunity for you to talk to her. Don't make her feel all alone." I tried...but I couldn't do it. Shyness took over me. She went back texting on her phone....

A few minutes later, she decided to sit with her mom and talk to her. Meanwhile, I went back outside and talked with the guys. We weren't out there for too long because it was already getting really dark so we had no choice but to actually go back inside. I decided to sing some songs and enjoy the remaining time I have with them, 

we all had a good time but it was getting REALLY late! It was waaayyy past my bedtime but I didn't care I was having fun.