Dance pratice

Friendship VS Love

Thursday morning your alarm started to ring at 6:30 am. You had to be down for breakfast at 7 am. You went out of bed and started to find some clothes you could wear, did your hair, brushed your teeth and so on. Your morning routine was rather quickly done so you went down 15 minutes before time.

You took some bread and sat down at your contact group table in the cafeteria. You were the first one but it didn’t take the others long before coming down as well.

When you were all done the principal, Mr. H stood up “Today you will all learn formal dancing for the big ball tomorrow! So show up in the dancing hall in 5 minutes! That will be all”

You stood up and quickly went to your room to change to some clothes you could dance in. You really didn’t enjoy dancing. It was humiliating dancing in from of your friends from home so you could just imagine how it would be even more humiliating to dance in front of a bunch of strangers.

You came down to the dancing hall and there where already a lot of people around. So you decided to stand in the corner next to the door so you wouldn’t be in anyone’s way.

You had always liked to just stand still and observe how people interacted with each other but this time you kind of felt like you wanted to join them and make friends, you just couldn’t. You had always been extremely shy and awkward and even when you tried to no be you would still be. It was your greatest weakness.

“Everyone listen up closely! My name is Mrs. Lee and I will be the one who teaches all of you to dance.”

*Maybe I should say that I feel sick? * You thought but decided against it *I can’t make friends if I go to my room* you sighed to yourself.  

“The first thing we will do is have everyone find a dance partner. Boys have to be together with girls but because there are more girls than boys at this school some girls have to be together with an another girl”  Mrs. Lee yelled so loud that it could be heard through the entire hall.

All the students in the huge hall started to make a lot of noise and moved around. You looked around as well trying to get eye contact with someone. You searched the room for what felt like forever until you finally got eye contact with a pretty girl with really long brown-ish/red-ish hair.

You tried to signalize with your eyes and body that you wanted to be her dance partner. The girl got you your clue and knew what you were trying to say. You both started to walk over to each other rather quick. You stood beside her and felt a bit awkward so you decided to maybe try and say something to her.

“H- Hello” You said a bit shaky because you were really nervous. After the words came out of your mouth you felt a little proud of yourself because you approached her first. You smiled a bit looking down into the ground.  

“Hello” she answered back a little cold

*Oh no.. She doesn’t like me?!* You thought as your smile faded away.                                          

The girl then looked at you and said “My name is Hyeri. It’s nice to meet you. I hope we can be good dance partners” It surprised you so you quickly answered back

“My name is Hyomi! It’s also very nice to meet you. I to hope we will be good dance partners” this time you had a big smile on your face.

Hyeri smiled and laughed a bit at your enthusiasm.

Mrs. Lee started to coat all of you through the dance step by step. It went very slow at first but she them put the tempo twice as high and even though you had thought that it would be hard and embarrassing to dance it was actually pretty easy and you didn’t feel uncomfortable a single time. Maybe it was because you were a natural good dancer or maybe it was because Hyeri stood by your side.

You and Hyeri was having fun laughing together when something went wrong and cheering when something went well. The hours went by quickly and you didn’t even notice it. Before you knew it the class was over and all the students started to leave the hall. Hyeri started to walk as well but you just stood and looked.

Half way thought the door Hyeri turned around and said “Hey Hyomi, aren’t you coming?”

Your eyes lit up like a Christmas tree “Yes! I’m coming” you said as you ran up to her smiling.

You both went outside together with some other students. Around 10 people including Hyeri, sat down at an outdoor bench by a tree in the big green garden that the school owned. So you sat down and joined them.

“Hello I haven’t talked to you yet! What’s your name? My name is Chae-rin but you can call me CL” a strange looking girl said to you. She had really thick blonde hair with bangs to her right side. Her clothes looked like it was something that she picked out while closing her eyes but she still looked very stylish even though the look was a bit messy. It was not something that anyone would be able to pull off.

You were a bit chocked that she talked to you so you pointed confused to yourself as you said “me?”

“Yes you!” she said

“Oh I’m sorry my name is Hyomi, it’s very nice to meet CL-shi” you said as you bowed a little.

“Just CL. Shi sounds to formal!” she eye smiled to you.

Now you were even happier than before. You had already talked with to people and it wasn’t even lunch time yet. You felt proud of yourself. Maybe this year was going to be okay after all.