Results

Unexpected

Estella’s POV

 

It’s been about two weeks since me and Maria submitted out projects. Oh yeah and Andrew. To be honest I didn’t think Andrew would get the scholarship. Not to be mean or anything, he works effortlessly. I know he works hard for it and all, but he showed me what he had summited and it was like an elementary student level drawing. It took me a while to figure out what his theme was. To be honest again his theme and design doesn’t seem to fit together. It was like two different things.

 

I was at the mall hanging out with friends. Nothing special. But I have to say my friends can really get carry away...very easily. All I said was “I applied for a scholarship that has great opportunities” and then they start talking about how to celebrate if I get the scholarships, get the chance to go to Korea and stuff. I mean come on I’m still waiting for my results. I don’t even know if I will get it or not.

 

Now I’m back at home after Andrew drop me off. Lying on my bed listening to some random music on the radio. Reading some random magazine, I decided if I wanted the 3DS XL or 2DS. Yes I like to play video games and this is a hard decision. Snapchating with Andrew to answer all his random question like, “Are we friends?” “What do you use to be pale?” I don’t look that good with tan skin and I don’t get tan easily like my Asian friends. I do get tanner or paler sometimes but not noticeable. Andrew on the otherside wants to be pale but gets tan very quickly and he is naturally tan. Just when I was about to send Andrew a screw you face. My phone rang. I answered it. It was a phone call about the scholarship.

 

“Congratulation Ms. Gwan! You had won the scholarship!” The voice on the phone cheerfully said. “We will send the details to your email and we hope you enjoy your study abroad!” And that’s all I heard. After whoever called me said I won the scholarship I went through a breakdown because I couldn’t understand anything but noise. I guess I was too shock to believe that I actually won. Shocking news.  

 

While I was still in shock I grabbed my phone and called someone. Surprisingly my voice sounded very clam.

"Why didn’t you reply my snapchat?” Andrew answered.

 

“Hey. I won.”

 

“......” He paused for a while then said. “NO WAY?!!!!"

 

"Yeah, I won. You better drive me to the airport for my flight.” I said while checking my email. WOW. They are fast at sending out information. It said on my email that all I needed to do is go to the counter and show them my passport and this email. Then I’ll got my ticket to Korea. And the date was…...Thursday. And today is Tuesday...What? I only have 1 ½ days to pack? You can’t be serious right? ONE DAY TO PACK? To my surprise I actually yelled, “You can’t be serious” out loud.

 

“What the hell are you talking about Est? I said I will drive you there like I always do. Something wrong? When is your flight?”

 

“Thursday. I only have one full day to pack.”

 

“Well... it up and start packing then. Need help?”

 

“Hell yeah get over here dude”

 

“K be there soon”

 

Right after I ended the call. Maria called me.

 

“What’s up?”

 

“ I got in too."

 

"No way! We are going to Korea together? Sweet.”


And that was our super super short conversation. Then Andrew arrived at my house to help me pack. I’m so glad that my parents are out for a business trip then I don’t need to listen to my dad ramble about guys coming so late at the night blah blah blah. And to be honest sometime I don’t see Andrew as a guy. He’s more girlier than me for crying out loud. We didn’t finish packing till midnight then we both fall asleep on the floor with stuff around us.