final

Wedding Dress

It was past midnight. Jongin switch on the light. He walk in to his dance studio. Putting down his bag, he turn on the music. Dance. He's a dancer. The only thing he'd do when he's upset is to dance. Without thinking much, his finger automatically click the song that fits perfectly with his mood right now. Wedding dress by Taeyang. 

 

Taking of his shirt, he dance along the music. Letting out all the sadness. All the dissapointment and regret can be seen through his dance. He dance all night until his body can't take it anymore. Jongin lay down the floor and close his eyes. He cover his teary eyes with his hand. 

 

'if I act more manly towards you, would things be different ?' 

 

'if only I crossed that one line that we've made, would you still be here beside me?' 

 

Flashback 

 

"Jongin-ah !" Jongin turn around and saw his bestfriend. 

 

Jongin took the remote and turned off the music. 

 

"Naeun-ah" He smiles. 

 

"Jongin !" She smiles brightly and run to hug him. 

 

Jongin eyes went wide. 

 

"Y-ya , what are you doing?" Jongin stutter but didn't force her to let go of him. Somehow, he likes it. 

 

"Are you done with your practise ? I want to tell you something. Come here !" She said as she sit down on the dance floor. 

 

"What is it ?" Kai said uninterested. 

 

"Ow come on, be more excited can't you ?" Naeun pouted. 

 

"Alright alright. You're such a baby" 

 

"Now, look at this" Naeun show her right hand. 

 

Jongin seems shocked. He looks at the smiling Naeun in front of him, anticipating the answer. 

 

A ring. 

 

A sparkle diamond ring. 

 

"it's a ring" Jongin softly answer. His mind went blank. 

 

"Yes it is ! Myungsoo propose to me last night !!" Naeun excitedly said. 

 

Bam. He feels like there was a huge rock fell on top of his head. 

 

"A-ah , really ? co-congratulation" 

 

"Yaa , what's with the reaction ? are you not happy for me ?" Naeun eyes get teary.

 

"A-ani. I'm happy for you. I just can't believe you're already a grown up woman. My baby girl is finally getting married." He hugs her but at the same time, his heart was broken into pieces. 

 

"Jongin-ah, thank you so much for everything. You had always by my side since my parents left me. I don't know how should I live without you. Thank you so much. I'm really happy" 

 

'Really Naeun ? Do you really happy to be with him ? Did you find your happiness now ?' 

 

"Geurae, me too. Thank you" He had nothing to say. 

 

"Wh-when is the wedding date ?" 

 

"A month from now" She smiles looking at the ring. 

 

"Really ? Well, you should take care of yourself. You're going to be a bride soon. You need to be the pretiest bride okay ?" Jongin tried to cheer on her wedding. 

 

"I will. Anyway, it's already 9. I had things to do. Bye Jongin. Thank you and I love you my friend" She kiss him on the cheek and left. 

 

"Friend .. yeah .. we are friend. How can I forget that?" And his tears fall. 

 

flashback end

 

And tomorrow is the day. The wedding day. 

 

Jongin wear his tuxedo and straighten his tie. He takes his car key and head out to the church. 

 

Jongin saw a flower shop on his way to the church and decide to bought Naeun's favourite, orchids.  

 

"Hi there, my beautiful bride" Jongin open the door and look into the bride room. 

 

"Jongin ! you came !" Naeun jump into his arm.

 

For a moment, Jongin want to have a power to stop the time. 

 

"Of course I am. This is for you" He smiles as he give the flowers to her. 

 

"Aww ! thank you ! oh ! there is a card !" 

 

"wait ! read before you walk on the altar" He said. 

 

"Fine" Naeun put the flower on the table and bring him in front of the long mirror. 

 

"Look, did i select a good dress ? I'm pretty right ?" Naeun said and look at him with her glowing innocent eyes. 

 

Jongin stand still for a moment. Infront of the mirrow was him and Naeun. Perfectly standing beside each other. He smiles. If this is a dream, he don't want to wake up. 

 

"Jongin" Naeun called.

 

"Yeah , you're pretty. You're always the prettiest girl on earth" He smiles. 

 

"Thank you. You won't leave me right ?" 

 

"Me ? Leaving you ? not a chance" He laugh. 

 

"good, now let's move. The ceremony will start in 5. You need to walk me in" Naeun grab his hand and walk out from the room. 

 

"B-but, the card ?" 

 

"I will read it after the ceremony okay?" 

 

"sure" 

 

Naeun slips her hand into Jongin and take a deep breath. 

 

"wish me luck" Naeun said before the door open. 

 

"always" Jongin replied. 

 

The wedding begin with Jongin walked Naeun on the altar. 

 

'this is the end Son Naeun, be happy' 

 

Jongin give Naeun's hand to Myungsoo and hug her for the last time. 

 

"take care of her. She's precious to me" Jongin said slowly. Naeun look at Jongin and again, her tears start to form. Jongin nod at her and she nod to him as well. 

 

When the priest start reading the vow, Jongin already walked out from the church. 

 

He's not strong enough to witness the woman he love marry someone else. 

 

"Let's go straight to the airport Butler Lee" 

 

"Yes young master" 

 

Jongin take one last look at the church and finally leaving. 

 

At Naeun side, the ceremony has ended and they are having photo session. Naeun look around to search for Jongin. She want to take a picture with him but she can't find him.

 

"Oppa, i want to go to the toilet first" Naeun said to her husband. 

 

Instead of the toilet, Naeun straight walk to her room and pick up the flowers that Jongin gave to her. 

 

She takes the card and open it. 

 

"Son Naeun, it's finally the day that you've been waiting for in your life.

To became the most beautiful bride in the world. You finally reach your dream. 

 

Naeun-ah, when you read this letter, I might already on my way to London. 

Do you still remember our promise ? to study there together ? 

But since you're already married. I will continue and archieve our goal for you. 

 

From this moment, please stop think of me as your bestfriend. Just for a moment. 

Until you had done reading the letter. 

Son Naeun, I love you. Not as a bestfriend. But love as a man to a woman. 

I love you so much that it's hurt. 

Watching you love someone else has already hard for me. 

And to watch you getting married is another thing. 

I'm sorry. 

 

Naeun, you will always be my bestfriend and a woman I love. 

If only I man up and crossed that friend zone line, maybe you are already beside me right now. 

But .. 

Well , anyway, be a good wife and a good mother to your future children. 

I will visit you later. 

 

I love you.

 

Kiss and hug from Kim Jongin. 

 

"Jongin .. how could you ?" Naeun broke into tears. 

 

Her bestfriend. Her first love. 

 

He's gone.