05. Unbreakable JIMIN

Constellation

30th September 2014

It had been a difficult debut; technically, Polaris had been very well-received, even managing to scrape a win on Music Bank before their debut stages ended and preparations for their next release began. They had been gaining fans by the day, fans who were enthusiastic but also kind. Jimin encountered a few of them on her way into the SM Entertainment building on the night of the thirtieth of September.

"JIMIN!" one of them screamed, a girl of around fifteen. She was straining forward, trying to get closer to the idol who smiled and made to walk past. "Wait! I made something for you!" the girl yelled desperately. Jimin faltered; she had been told to not take anything that the fans handed to her outside the SM building as there had been times in the past that they had been drugged or were dangerous in some other way. But there was nobody around to stop her, and she took the offered gift as she passed the fan, nodding her head and tucking whatever it was into her pocket so that in the cacophony of screams and 'look here!'s, whatever gift she had accepted wouldn't be noticed. She would get one of the managers to check it over when she got in, she reasoned, and in the meantime, she could keep hold of it.

The code was punched in and the vocalist was finally let into the lobby. She made straight for the dance practice room, hurrying slightly as she was already late and wasn't on the best of terms with Eunjung (the leader still hadn't quite forgiven Jimin and Gayoon for the argument at their debut stage three months ago). Jimin took the stairs two at a time and practically sprinted down the hallway until she found the correct studio, bursting through the door and making straight for the group huddled near the corner.

"Hey," she panted, doubling over in an attempt to get some air, black hair swinging into her face. "Sorry I'm late, the fans are blocking the doors and there's no security out right now,"

"It's okay," Eunjung allowed, pulling away from the window; she had obviously seen Jimin try to fight her way through the doors a few minutes earlier. "Sigma aren't here yet, anyway."

"Sigma are coming?" Seohyeon asked, something akin to excitement shining in her eyes. The maknae barely ever showed emotion, so Chaerin gaped at the dancer for a while.

"Yeah, we're going to be doing a joint intro performance for a stage at Gayo Daejun. We're going to be doing something with EXO, too, but we haven't had any news about what just yet."

"Why are we learning all this now and not closer to the actual show, Jungie?" Chaerin asked, always needing to be vocal. 

"Our comeback is going to be sometime near then, stupid," Seohyeon responded before the leader could speak, voice flat as usual, one eyebrow raised. "So it's logical that we're learning all of this now so that we can be more prepared for the actual comeback. Duh."

"Manners," Subin reminded the dancer sternly while the others rolled their eyes.

"Okay, that makes sense," Gayoon allowed. "So... Are we just dancing? Or dancing and singing?"

"It's a cover," a voice answered from the doorway; Jimin spun on her heel to see Bokyung entering, the rest of Sigma behind her looking slightly dishevelled. "A medley of Girls' Generation songs. We've yet to record them, but the dances have already been planned, so the recording can wait."

"Hey, guys! It's been a while," Eunjung welcomed their sister group, approaching Bokyung for a hug while Jimin grinned at Hyojin, who was the person that she was closest to by far. 

"Too long!" Minjung added with a laugh. She seemed a lot more relaxed now that Sigma's own debut was coming the following week. 

"Right, yes, hello everyone," the dancing instructor snapped, brushing past the group that was huddled at the door as he entered the room. "Reunited at last, blah blah blah. Let's get started! I want the dance line up front and centre!"

The twelve girls practiced their dances until late into the night, making it back to the dorm at nearly midnight. They were exhausted, but not too tired to talk to each other for what was the first time in three months that they had seen each other for more than fifteen minutes. 

"I don't know, Jimin," Hyojin muttered as Jimin, Gayoon and herself settled into a corner in the common room. "The idea of Sigma debuting has been a bit like a faraway dream for so long than now it's actually happening, I'm a little scared."

"Don't worry, Hyojin-ah," Jimin reassured the older rapper. "You guys will do fine! It's not nearly as scary as you think it's going to be, debuting. I mean, it's still pretty frightening, but you can't let a bit of stage fright put you off when you've worked so hard to get here. Look, if you go into this with the mindset that 'yes, I'm going to enjoy myself now', then the whole experience will be a lot more enjoyable for you,"

"Plus, we'll be watching your debut stage on the livestream and we'll skype you straight away, so it'll be just like having us there!" Gayoon added.

"But you won't be there; we'll be in Japan, and you'll be here in Korea, and you know what? It feels kind of lonely."

"Hyojin, stop it," Jimin said firmly. "Everything will go amazingly! Look at Polaris - Gayoon and Eunjung had a huge blowout on our debut, and we still pulled off a great performance, not that I'm being cocky," she said. "You guys have worked so hard! Don't let anything spoil it!"

Hyojin smiled at them both. "You're right. Ah, I'm just going to miss you guys, that's all."

Jimin shifted and the gift that the fan had given her earlier fell from her pocket. She picked it up, glancing over the twelve obviously handmade keyrings that had each of their names on. She disconnected the Sigma keyrings and handed them to Hyojin, unwinding Gayoon's and handing that to said member. 

"What's this?" Gayoon asked, confused.

"A fan gave it to me when I was trying to get into the SM building earlier," Jimin explained. "I completely forgot I had them."

"Wonderful!" Hyojin responded, examining the gift. "But why are you giving these to me?" 

"I was thinking that we should each have the one with our name on it, as it was obviously intended to be by that little girl. That way, when Sigma and Polaris are away from one another, we can look at our keyrings and think not only of how lucky we are to have our fans, but how lucky we are to have each other. Then, I don't know, maybe we won't miss each other so much."

Gayoon grinned. "That's a lovely idea!"

Jimin pulled out her phone and took a quick photo of the keyrings, posting it to Instagram with the caption: 'Thank you to the fan who made us these! I've distributed them throughout Polaris and Sigma. @realhanni_at, aren't both of our fans so talented? ^.^'

She smiled as a notification popped up telling her that he had liked her picture. 


EEEEEEEEEEE AND THE MYSTERIOUS SHIP OF MYSTERIOUSNESS BEGINS! Soooo excited to get into this juicy little plotline we have worked out here! I sense the shipping coming :3

Anyway, hope you all enjoyed this little glance into Jimin's character. To be truthful, until recently, she was my least favourite character and I was planning to kill her off xD BUT DON'T WORRY, SHE'S STAYING RIGHT HERE... for now *evil grin*