Chapter 01.

New Beginnings

***

Yoona

"Beep Beep! Beep Beep!"  

What is it? I groaned groggily, peering blearily at the incessant ringing of my phone.Gosh,does Yuri have to call me this early? Wait,what time is it now? I'm not late,am I?

/What do you want Yuri? Why are you calling me at this time?/

/What? I'm just waking you up! You know you're a sleepyhead! I'm helping you,you should thank me instead you know./

/... /

/Hello?/

/YURI! FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE! It's 4pm in the morning! Are you insane?! I'm gonna back to sleep!/

/Aish,alright then,bye! See you in school! Don't be late!/

*Beep*

I glared at the phone,making annoyed faces at it. Sheesh,is Yuri crazy or something? Calling me at this hour? It'll ruin my beauty sleep! Once I'm awake,it's hard for me to go back to sleep.

So I sat on my bed,staring at the wall. It must have been a few hours since I sat there, listening intently to the ticking of the clock hands and humming a low tune of my favourite songs. After a while,I heard a knock on the door and glanced up.

"Yoong?Are you awake yet? It's time for breakfast," My mum peeped through the door crack,smiling. Nodding obediently, I headed downstairs,dragging my foot along. Another day of school,another day of a hectic life.

Don't get me wrong,school's fun,especially if you are attending one of Korea's most prestigious school, SM High. Facing the people and students in school are actually the problem.

Specifically and more importantly,my biggest enemy,which is none other that Cho Kyuhyun. Words cannot describe how much I hate him,even if I do,the list will be miles long. Why do I hate him so much? Simple,one,he's snobby,flirts with girls ALL the time.Well,except me,but I don't care. Two,he's the biggest git on Earth,literally. Three...wait,I'm not gonna go on,it will take ages to finish.

I finished preparing everything,grabbing a piece of bread and stuffing inside my mouth as fast as I could, nearly choking myself in the process.

"Hey,slow down! You'll choke! Why do you need to rush for? You're not late!" Mum asked.

"Well,I just wanna see Yuri," I replied,getting out from my seat. After bading my mum goodbye,I rushed,no sprinted towards school."Yuri...Yuri...Where are you?" I muttered distractedly,my eyes scanning towards the mass crowd of people in the cafeteria.

"Yoong!" I jumped in fright,then wacking the person behind me. "KWON YURI! Don't scare me like that! I'll get a heart attack!" I frowned. She giggled and stuck out her tongue.

"YAH,why did you call me so early? Something wrong?" My eyebrows furrowed. She shook her head,eventhough her body seemed like she is trembling from excitement.

"Spill the beans,'' I ordered and she began fidgitating in her seat. Finally she exploded. "Oh my gosh! I heard that the famous rock star singer Kim Jonghyun is being forced into an arranged marriage!" She gushed. My face fell.

"So? Nothing interesting,and you woke me up early just because of that! KWON YU-"

"Shhh,you're overreacting.It's just exciting news that's all."

"But it's not exciting if it's an arranged marriage! It should be grief! Arranged marriages are not good!" I argued back. "Ya,ya,you should not keep hating this type of things you know," She pouted. "What type of things?" I cocked my eyebrow.

"The type that hates....aish,nevermind.Anyway,I'm curious about something."

"Fire away."

"Do you think you will ever be involve in any kind of arranged marriages? Or some sort? Like...Love?" She enquired while I stiffened. "You know,falling in love is good actually." She continued.Yeah,yeah,whatever.Easy for you to say,you've got a boyfriend.

I scoffed,"You know better than just to taunt me. I was just being dumped by Mr. Stupid Guy. Only you would be easy to go through breakups and stuff." Trust,me,I still hadn't got over him,although I hate him now.Shrugging, I rummaged though my bag,finding for my books.Yuri pursed her lips,she seemed as if she has more to ask.

"You may never know. One day you'll be happy and stuff,the next day you find out that you're getting married with a man you probably don't know who he is and bam! You would have to live with him forever." I rolled my eyes at her ridiculous comment. "Puh-lease,this kind of things will never happen to me,get it? I'll refuse or object then," I shrugged nonchantly.

"Are you sure?" Yuri said skeptically.

"Positive. Seriously Yul, how childish can you get? Besides I'm too young to get married yet. Arranged marriages are stupid." I waved my hand dismissively.

 

~~~

 

Kyuhyun

"Catch Kyuhyun! No,with your- aish," Donghae ruffled his hair and knelt beside me. Apparently I wasn't paying attention to him,and he passed the ball at the wrong time.

"You alright?" Yesung plopped down beside me,as I rubbed my sore forehead.They looked at me concerningly,peering at my now reddish spot on my head."It's your fault! You should look before you pass it to me! I wasn't looking," I retorted. Shaking their heads,they chortled.

"Cho Kyuhyun,no matter how much you look or pay attention,you will never get it right." Yesung snickered.

"I think it will be better if you stick to your Starcraft."

"Shut up hyung,At least I'm better then you.You're like,level 3? I'm like level 100!" I glowered then shifted my gaze to ahead me. A petite looking girl was walking past me. Right,Im Yoona. My enemy. Nerd. I winkled my nose in irritance.

"Are you ok Kyu? What are you looking at huh?" Donghae squinted towards where I'm seeing.His mouth fell in an 'O' shape. "I never knew you were interested in her. I thought you were with Seo.You seem to move though girls very quickly." Yesung exclaimed in awe.

My eyes widened,upon hearing them."Excuse me Turtle-head,let me repeat,I DO NO LIKE HER! I'm sticking to Seo,and forever and ever.We'll get married too," I grimaced at their childishness. When has staring at people become a sign of love? Me and Seohyun are together,psh,Im Yoona? That geek girl?

"She's pretty you know." Donghae stated as a matter-of-factly.

"And smart too." Yesung added. "YAH! Are you trying to gang up on me? What's with you guys siding her? Haven't I said it the umpteenth time? Im Yoona and me are no no.Also,among all girls must you mention Yoona?" I snorted.

"Yoona's been your classmate ever since you both started high school. Plus,she's not bad. Anyways,what if you end up falling for her?"

"If we're together,pigs will fly." I replied absentmindedly scratching the sore spot on my forehead.

"Wow,I see pigs flying now!" Yesung said sarcarstically.

"Haha." I spat sourly. Such nice hyungs.Jeez,just because I'm the maknae,they don't need to tease me right? Besides,I'm going out with me darling Seohyun. She's the one and only girl in my heart that I'll treasure forever. Speaking of her,where is she?

"Hey hyung,where's Seohyun? I didn't see her today."

"Dunno." 

"Very helpful." I left them there,ignoring the callings after me and lumbered lazily towards classroom.

"Cho Kyuhyun,you're late!" Mrs Kim yelled.I rolled my eyes and nearly did a facepalm.I was just a few minutes late,no big deal! Teachers seriously likes terrorizing students' life.

"Mr Cho! Are you listening? One more time and it will be you sweeping the whole school's floor!" She shouted angrily.

"But-but..." I protested. "I don't care if you keep whining,you must listen to me, arraso?" Mrs Kim warned sternly. I lumbered to my seat,nodding.

"er Kyuhyun," Yoona who was sitting beside me smiled smugly.

"Idiots have their own karma." She stucked her tongue at me,then smirking in triumph. I couldn't stand a single moment with her,I wonder how her friends stand in? I ignored her,not caring at all.

 We'll see about that. One fine day,you will be eating your own words.

 

~~~

 

School ended,after a long boring day.Trudging home,with the heavy weight of my bag pressing down on my back.

"Omma,Appa! I'm home!"

Silence.

That's weird,they're not at home? Oh well,must as well enjoy the silence and loneliness around me. I spotted a coloured paper with minute and cursive words on it. Must be Omma, I recognised it. Squinting at the puny words,I managed to decipher what she was writing.

Dear Kyuhyun,

We've guests coming over for dinner tonight. Please make yourself a little more presentable and do not squander about. They are my colleagues,and they have a son. I've picked your shirt already,so just wear that. I'll be coming home a bit later at night.

Love,

Mum

Right. This definitely is not a small thing. Usually Omma only writes messages when she's busy or it's important.A he? Well,at least I've a friend to play with,I thought dully. All I need to do now is get into the shirt and wait for the moon to rise.

 

"The guests better be nice,this shirt is making me feel itchy all over..." I sighed,adjusting my sleeves. Taking out my shirt,I glanced at the clock. 5pm. A few more hours till they arrive.Might as well take a short nap. My eyelids started to get heavier as I snuggled onto the pillow. Soon,darkness engulfed me and I felt as if I was falling into a black spiral....

 

 ~~~

 

I was waiting at the aisle,peering down as the wedding march song pounded in my ears.

Dum,dum,dum dum. Dum,dum,dum dum.

A petite girl walked towards me. Her face was hidden under the long white veil, her dress flowing behind her,her soft curly hair cascading down her back.Her dress glittered under the bright light,and she seemed to walked very slowly,thus I was getting a wee bit impatient. Finally,she stood in front of me,and I whispered her name.

" Seohyun."

I lifted the veil up,eager to see her beautiful face. Half expecting it to be her,my heart thumped wildly. I stood,momentarily shocked as I caught a glimpse of the stunning and gorgeous face.

Im Yoona?!

 

~~~

 

Yoona

"Um,Yoona dear,I've got something to tell you."

I looked up."Neh Omma?"

"We are going to one of my close friend's house tonight for a dinner,so please pick a nicer dress to wear.She has a daughter that's the same age as you,and you'll surely be delighted to see her."

"Alright."

A girl? At least,I won't be bored and I'll get company. I soon picked out a much nicer dress,not too revealing or too shabby. Just nice.

After a few hours, we reached their house. It was large,no humongous,gigantic looking mansion. Some rich people house.I'm not poor either,but that is definitely one of the biggest houses I've seen.

Wait,they even have a swimming pool? A tennis court? A...a...hold on,5 Mercedez Benz cars? Wow,the parents must be some big company's boss. The door opened, and a couple came out. Must be the parents.

"Hey! Hello Sooyun and Daehyoon! How are you! Long time no see," The woman greeted my parents warmly. "And where's your daughter?" Then she spotted me.

"Ah!It must be you!So beautiful!" I smiled at her,then bowing to them.

"And now son Come down here!" She called behind her. The man began chatted to my dad. I was confused. Son? Didn't Omma say it was a she? The guy steped in front,and I was paralysed with shock.The guy didn't look different either.He was shocked,perhaps,his eyes widened.

 

~~~

 

Updated :)

Ok pretty much?

I hope it's not too short though....

I'm sorry I couldn't update earlier,I had lots of upcoming exams....

Thanks to those who did subscribe and comment!!!! You people rock :DDDDDDD

Comment kay? This is not a library you know,don't need to be all quiet :)