Chapter 1: Debut

GOK | FNC Entertainment New Girl Group | Disbanded January 5, 2015

"Are you girls ready for our debut?" motherly Ruby asked. GOK were currently at the 'M! Countdown' backstage and were anxiously waiting for their turn to go onstage.

Nicole was playing with her fingers, "Just really nervous Ruby unnie." she looked down at tried to breathe normally. Mint came hoping over and patted Nicole on the shoulders, "You'll be fine. We are together as one group!" she cheered excitedly, "We are GOK! The best girls in Korea." she smiled wide at the end of her sentence. 

Leader Hyesu nodded and said the same thing, "We saw earlier that our fans with signs of our names." she grinned. Nicole smiled, being comforted by her members. Maknae Ran came on the other side of Hyesu, "I'm worried to unnie. I mean we have to impress since its our first stage, and our debut stage to." 

Mint pumped her fists in the air, "Lets get all the nervous energy out as much as we can." she moved her body back and fourth. The other girls laughed, but were encouraged by Mint's energy. Hyesu added on, "Plus we got a lot of encouragement from AOA sunbaes." the others agreed since AOA has been with them since ever since AOA debuted back in 2012.

They were finally called to be on standby and performing after Red Velvet.

After GOK's recording, their manager unnie told them that they had a interview with Billboard Korea. So they went to that right away.

Ruby  Nicole  Ran
Mint  Hyesu

​Q. What does GOK stand for and what does it mean?

Hyesu, "GOK stands for 'Girls Of Korea'. It means we are the girls that will conquer the kpop scene within Korea and hopefully even beyond."

Q. Your title track is 'Pretty Pretty' but the title of your album is 'Ladies', why is that?

Ruby took the question this time, "Well we were actually going to name the album 'Pretty Pretty', but since two of the songs have the word 'ladies' in it, we decided to name the album 'Ladies'."

Ran took a microphone, "Plus even though we are known as "Girls Of Korea", we also want to appear as ladies." the others nodded. 

Q. You girls are the sister group of AOA. How does that feel?

Nicole got passed the microphone from Ran, "Well we feel honored being close with AOA. But we also feel pressured since AOA sunbaes have done well and winning with their songs like 'Miniskirt' and 'Short Hair'. But we will do our best and we hope to get high as AOA sunbaes." 

Mint, "Also since our friendship with AOA sunbaes are close, we have no problem with communication. They have been giving us full support for our debut and we are very thankful for that."

Q. There are two girls not from Korea? Please introduce yourself.

Mint went first and bowed to the camera, "Hello my name is Mint, I'm a Korean-American, and I am from Los Angeles."

Nicole bowed next, "Hello my name is Nicole and I am from Singapore. But I am Chinese-Singaporean. Nice to meet everyone." 

Hyesu was ending the interview, "Thank you to our already fans for supporting us on our debut day and please continue to support us for our single album 'Ladies' and our debut song 'Pretty Pretty'." she waved to the camera and everyone else did as well.

That ended the Billboard Korea interview and GOK's debut day.