03

The Confession

It was just like any other day for Eunji. She waited for the bus at the bus stand when she saw a familiar figure walking towards the bus stand. She quickly hid her face, not wanting that person to know about her presence there because she somehow thought he’s going to go away if he saw her.

He was standing right in front of her, his back facing her and she took the chance to take a good look at him. It’s been almost 3 months since they last saw each other, and no, none of them tried to call each other anymore.

She wanted him to look at her so she could have a better view of him. But if he saw her, what will happen? Will he leave straight away? Will he even talk to her? Will he acted as if he didn’t know her?

 

As if sensing that he’s being observed by someone, Sunggyu quickly turned his head. The other person, who was surprised with the sudden movement by Sunggyu looked startled when their eyes meet.

Both remained silent, not knowing what to say to each other, and right before a word slip out from Sunggyu’s mouth, she quickly got up and leave.

He didn’t expect her to run away, and when she did, he found himself running after her. This could be his only chance to fix everything so he can’t just let her leave like that.

 

“I think I know the answer now,”

“About Eunji?” Woohyun asked while stirring his coffee.

“I think it’s true. She’s definitely more than a dongsaeng. I have misunderstood my own feelings for all this while. I thought that she’s nothing but a dongsaeng to me but she was actually my everything,”

Woohyun stopped stirring his coffee and shifted his full attention to Sunggyu. Even without Sunggyu telling him, he already knew about this. He didn’t understand why it took Sunggyu so long to finally realize his true feelings.

“Woohyun-ah, since she’s gone, it felt like my soul is gone. It felt like I’m just living because I’m still breathing. It felt like I’m useless,” he explained carefully.

“You’re finally sure of your feelings now?” Woohyun asked after he stayed silent for a while.

“What do you think?” Sunggyu asked him back.

“Hyung, I don’t see the point of you trying to ask me the same thing all over again. It’s just so obvious. The Kim Sunggyu that I’ve known for all this while, he don’t need other’s view in making a decision. I think you’re just too afraid to face the reality now. You actually know that you love her, but you hoped that I’ll say that you’re not in love with her,”

Indeed, what he said is true. He truly knows Sunggyu best as he is the closest to him and he is the person that understands him the most, next to Eunji.

“If you ever meet her again, don’t ever let her go anymore. Though you never showed me how you suffered without her in your life, I can see it from your eyes. You’re definitely not the only one suffering,”

“I’m afraid that I’m going to hurt her more. What if things don’t work out well for both of us?” Sunggyu said slowly.

“You’re still hurting her by doing this. If you don’t want to lose her, then don’t lose her. Don’t be a coward, hyung,” Woohyun replied as he patted Sunggyu’s shoulder.

 

Sunggyu pulled Eunji’s hand and made her stop. He turned her around and pulled her into a hug.

She was obviously shocked by his action. She froze for a moment and when she get back to her senses, she’s already in his warm hug. She quickly pushed him away and kept a distant from him.

“We need to talk about us,” he said it after a moment of silence.

She didn’t say anything about it, so he held her hand, asking for an answer. And again, she remained silent. Knowing that she’s not going to run away, he pulled her to the cafe nearby and picked the most secluded place to sit.

“I’m sorry I’ve been avoiding you all this while. I’ve been fighting with my own feelings and I seriously don’t have the courage to talk to you,”

Eunji didn’t reply to him and instead, she turned her gaze away from him.

“All this while, I tried to deceive myself by saying that you’re just like a dongsaeng to me. You’re not. You’re definitely more than that. The moment you got into the accident, I was really scared that I won’t be able to meet you anymore. I was really scared that you’re going to leave me without knowing my true feelings,” he explained calmly.

She slowly turned her head, now facing Sunggyu with a blank look in her face.

“I tried to reach out to you but I was a coward. I always back off first without really trying. But today, I want to end it now. I want you to be clear of my own feelings to you. It’s really up to you whether you’re going to accept me or not. I just want you to know, Jung Eunji, I love you,”

“If we didn’t meet here, will I ever hear that from your mouth, oppa?” she asked.

“I will still let you know about it, it’s just a matter of time. If I were to gather my courage to meet you, I know it’ll take a long time. For me, this is like a dream that you suddenly appeared in front of me and if I didn’t take the chance, I know I’m going to lose you for the second time, in which I am not prepared to face at all,” he explained.

“What took you long enough to tell me the truth?” she asked again.

“As I mentioned earlier, I was afraid. Afraid of what’s going to happen once you know about my feelings. I’m afraid of the possibility that even if we’re together, I might lose you if things don’t work out for us. It’s just that I’m afraid losing you,”

She was happy with the answer and she don’t need any more explanation from him. She just wanted to hear about his feelings from his own mouth. She tried to control her expression by showing her straight face but knowing she’s going to break into a smile, she turned her head down pretending to stare at the floor.

The atmosphere grew silent for a moment, and an idea crossed into her mind.

“Then, what are we going to do on our first day together?” she said as she looked into his eyes with a smile on her face.

He was dumbfounded for a moment and when he repeated her question in his mind, he couldn’t stop himself from smiling.

“You mean we’re together now?” he asked her, just to justify her decision. She answered it with a nod and her beautiful  smile.

“Well, then, anything as long as you’re here,” he answered to her earlier question,  his eyes sparkled while his lips curved into a smile.

Yes, she definitely belongs to him. And also the other way round.

 


A/N: This is the end. I'm sorry if it didn't turn out the way you wish it to be. It wasn't fluffy at all when he confessed but yeah, maybe I've had enough of fluffiness while working on my previous stories. 

This chapter was written in a rush so I'm sorry for any mistakes in this chapter. I wish to come up with other Gyuji fanfic, or even Hoji fanfic because I ship both of these guys with Eunji. 

Have fun reading, and please look forward for my other stories. I'll try to do better in other stories. 

Thanks for reading ♥