02

The Confession

He heard the knock on the door and he walked lazily towards the door and opened it. Without even inviting them in, the two guys walked past him and quickly settled down in the living hall.

“Hyung, why you never show up at the hospital? Eunji kept on asking us about you,” Dongwoo said as soon as Sunggyu reached the living hall.

Sunggyu let out a heavy sigh. He’s been avoiding her since the day she woke up.

 

“Sunggyu oppa,” she called for him.

He turned his face just to meet her eyes, staring back at him. She drew out a weak smile at him.

“Eunji-yah,” it was all the word that came out from his mouth.

“What happened? I saw a car heading towards me and in a split second I was already on the ground,” she explained.

“Stay still, Eunji. I’ll call the doctor first,” he said, ignoring her question.

He quickly left to call for the doctor. He waited for the doctor and stayed outside of the room, contemplating whether he should stayed or just leave.

He didn’t know how to face Eunji. He felt bad for being so ignorant about her feelings before. And he’s afraid that staying with her will only hurt her further.

 

“She’s been complaining about how you never came back even after the doctor left,” Woohyun added, bringing back Sunggyu to the reality.

“I don’t know how to face her,” he replied shortly.

“Running away from her won’t do,” Woohyun replied back.

“I seriously don’t have the courage to meet her,”

“What’s bothering you so much? Just make sure of your own feelings first. Do you really love her as a dongsaeng or is it something more?”

“How do I do it?” he asked back foolishly.

“You called yourself a genius when you can’t figure this out yourself?” Dongwoo replied before he burst into laughter.

“Yah, I’m serious,” Sunggyu said, annoyed at being laughed at by the other two.

“Ask yourself, hyung. Everybody defines love differently,”

 

Night came by, and there he is, staring blankly at the sky. Both of his friends left not long ago for a drink with the other friends, but he’s just not in the mood to join them.

“Eunji-yah,” he whispered the name.

He still couldn’t get the answer about his true feelings towards Eunji. One thing he’s sure of is that since the day Eunji told him about her feelings, he seems to have forgotten about Hyuna.

Hyuna never came into his mind anymore. Not even once. His thoughts are filled with Eunji. He was too scared of losing her, he was too scared of not being able to look at her smile, he was too scared of not being able to look into her bright eyes anymore.

The moment she woke up the other day, he was beyond happy. If he didn’t control himself, he knew that he’s going to pull her for a hug, he knew that he might even do something beyond his own imagination to her.

“I miss you,” he whispered to himself.

He fell asleep with Eunji in his mind.

 

“Eunji-yah, let’s go,” Chorong said as she picked Eunji’s luggage and helped her to walk to the car at the parking.

“I hate him,” Eunji said as soon as she entered the car.

“Sunggyu oppa?” Chorong asked although she knew who it was all along.

“How can he be so mean? It’s true that I confessed to him, but why does he treats me coldly now? It’s not that I asked him to be together with me,” Eunji nagged.

“Maybe he’s not ready for that? Eunji-yah, for all this while he must’ve only see you as a dongsaeng, but once you told him about your feelings, I’m pretty sure he’s surprised that you actually think of him more than just your oppa,”

“I’m so stupid. How can I let that thing slipped from my mouth,” Eunji replied as she knocks on her forehead.

“Yah, give him some time. He’ll surely come back to you,” Chorong assured her.

“Of course, it has always been you all this while. Both of you are inseparable. I bet somehow that he actually likes you more than just a dongsaeng. But then, let time decides about this,” Chorong continued.

“Chorong-ah, he loved Hyuna. There’s no way that he’s going to like me,”

“Maybe Hyuna was whom he thought he’s in love with,”

 

Days passed by, and yet, they haven’t meet with each other.

She tried to call him, but he’s obviously avoiding her. He never answered her call and in the end, Eunji gave up.

As much as she misses him, as much as she wanted to see him, the fact that he’s ignoring and avoiding her is enough to make her stop. Why would she try again when she know he’s not going to answer the phone call at all?

If it wasn’t for Chorong who stayed beside her every single night, helping her and listening to her rants, she knows she’ll suffer even more.

There are days when she cried herself to sleep, the days when she think she couldn’t take it anymore. The days when she felt that her heart is hurting so much because she didn’t know why she deserves this kind of treatment from him.

And tonight, is one of those days.

 

Sunggyu stared blankly at the ceiling in his room. His phone in his hand, the number has been typed in, just waiting for a single touch to call the owner of the phone number. It was as simple as that but no matter how he tried to call the number, he just couldn’t do it.

Every single time that she called, he wanted to answer the call so badly but it felt like something is pulling him back from doing that. Every time he was about to answer the call, the ringing will stop and he’ll just stare blankly at the phone, wishing another call will come in, but it stopped there.

Tonight, just like any other nights, he fell asleep with his phone in his hand while he was fighting back the urge to call her.

 


Another update. I know this is so crappy though >.<''

I'm pretty sure I've disappointed some of you. I'm so sorry!

I'll try to fix it in the next chapter, and maybe a new fanfic. 

It's been almost 2 years since I stopped writing so yeah, please forgive me <3

Thank you for your support though, I really appreciate it