01

The Confession

BANG!

As soon as she heard the loud sound, Eunji felt pain all over her body. It was throbbing so much.

She heard noises around her but she was too weak to even open her eyes.

She can’t remember how this thing happened. She was crossing the road just now when she saw a car was driven at full speed towards her direction. She heard the screeching sound of the tires but it was too late.

She couldn’t think anymore. There’s only one person who came into her mind at that time. Sunggyu. Just him.

 

“Are you Miss Eunji’s friend?” a stranger on the other line asked, which somehow made him wonder, why is this person calling him using Eunji’s number? Did anything bad happened to her?

“Yes, I am. What’s wrong with her?”

“She was ran over by a car just now. We’re heading to the hospital now, so can you please come to the hospital?”

It felt like a strong punch on his face. He almost dropped the phone but he didn’t and instead he thanked the stranger for the information. He took his car keys and ran to his car, heading to the hospital.

 

“Oppa, wake up! Just because Hyuna left you for another guy doesn’t mean it’s time for you to give up,”

“I’m not in the mood, Eunji-yah,”

“Oppa! She’s totally not worth it for all pain you’re going through now. You have me and your friends to help you, so please just get over her,”

“It’s easy for you to say this but you’re not the one who’s facing this thing. It was me. No doubt that you and my friends are there, but can you really make me forget about her? Our memories, there were so many of them. Even when I looked around this house, it feels like she’s still here with me,”

Eunji started to tear up. A drop of tear fell on her cheeks.

“That’s why you have to try, oppa. Staying at home won’t make you forget her. It’s all up to your will, if you really want to forget her, you can do it!”

“You don’t understand me,” he started to lose his temper.

“Yah, oppa! What’s so good about her? She’s not worth it at all! Don’t be blinded by all her tricks!”

“Jung Eunji! Shut up! Don’t you know the more you ask me to forget her, the harder it is to me?”

“That’s why you have to fight it!”

“It’s just so easy for you to say it, Eunji. You’ve never experienced this sort of thing, so please just pack your things and leave. I don’t need someone like you to accompany me,”

It broke Eunji’s heart so much. Sunggyu is more than a friend to her, he is someone she loves so much, and seeing him like this is making her heart aches more.

She took her bag and right before she left, she turned around to him. He was lying on the sofa, his hand knocking his forehead, as if saying that he’s sorry for what he had said to her just now.

“Yes, I never experience this kind of thing. I don’t have a boyfriend who cheated on me for another girl who is worse than me. I don’t even have a boyfriend to be exact. But you also don’t know the feeling when the one you love so much is in a relationship with another girl, and even after they broke up, the guy you love so much can’t get over his ex-girlfriend. You don’t know the feeling! You don’t know how hard it is to fake up happy face while all you feel is the throbbing in your heart every time that guy is together with the girl,”

“I have liked you even before you met Hyuna. But I pretended to be happy when you said you liked her, I pretended that I’m happy that you’re together. At first I thought I would be sad when you guys broke up, but it didn’t happen. Seeing you like this seems to be hurting me more than before. I won’t ask much from you, even if you want me to disappear, I will, but please, get back to your old self. Get back to the Kim Sunggyu that I love, not this fragile Kim Sunggyu,”

She took a step forward, opened the door and walked out from his apartment, leaving him alone with a great shock upon her confession.

‘She liked me all this while,’ he said to himself.

 

“Is she going to be okay?” Sunggyu asked right after the doctor walked out from the operation theatre.

“The operation was successful, now we’ll only have to wait for her to wake up. Let’s just hope she’ll wake up soon,” the doctor said as he patted Sunggyu’s shoulder.

He let out a relieved sigh. At least, she’s okay. He’s just not prepared to lose her.

Not long after that, a stretcher was pushed out from the operation theatre, and there she was, lying helplessly on it looking so pale and weak.

‘You can’t leave me, Eunji. What would I do if you leave me,’ he said to himself while he followed her into her room.

 

It’s been almost 12 hours since the operation and yet Eunji does not show any sign of waking up. Her friends came to visit her, and Chorong, her best friend, stayed with him in the hospital.

“Oppa, if you’re tired, you can just go home. I’ll accompany Eunji,” Chorong said again for the umpteenth time.

“Really, it’s okay. Chorong, may I ask you something about Eunji?” Sunggyu finally asked.

“What about her, oppa?”

“Have she ever mention about her crush on me?”

Chorong chuckled right after she heard his question.

“It’s not a crush oppa, it’s definitely more than that. She loves you, more than what you ever thought before,” she replied with a small smile.

“She was so heartbroken when you told her about you and Hyuna. She cried herself to sleep, and no matter how we try to console her, it just won’t do. She would still be there to help you with Hyuna, but she’ll come home crying every single time. We told her to stop hurting herself, but she told us that this is the least she can do. She wanted you to be happy, so it’s not a big deal if she had to sacrifice her feelings for you,” she continued.

“Why any of you never told me about it?” Sunggyu asked.

“Because she told us not to. But now, since you’re the one who asked about it first, I feel like it’s okay for me to tell you about this. Oppa, please take care of her, it hurts me so much seeing her suffered because of you. I was even mad at you once, for being so ignorant about her feelings, but now, I hope that you’ll realize that actually she’s the one for you,”

“I only think of her as a sis...”

“It was what you thought. If she’s just a sister, you won’t be sitting here for hours waiting for her to wake up, you won’t be running all the way here when you got the news of the accident, and most of all, you won’t cry like you did yesterday when you saw her lying in the bed,”

“I’ll leave the both of you here. If she wakes up, tell her that I’ll come and visit her tomorrow morning,” Chorong said before she left. 

 


Author's note:

I wish this was okay. I actually don't really have a structure for this threeshot and I just write whatever comes into my mind. 

I'll take it as a practice after a looooong hiatus.