[5/?]

supermassive black hole

Hyosung had just finished patrolling and made her way inside the large house. As she entered she looked around the dark living room and heard snores from every direction, the pack were all asleep. Hyosung walked into the kitchen and stood over the sink and wrung out her soaked hair. Slipping out of her sweater Hyosung swore she heard a noise. Turning around she narrowed her eyes in the pitch black room, if only Jieun was awake, the playful she-wolf has the best sight in the pack.

 

Hyosung, known for her bravery, walked into the dark living room. The floor board creaked and a gust of wind passed by Hyosung and she lunged forward. A mangled groaned came from the fallen person and Hyosung’s eyes widened. Standing up Hyosung ran to turn the light switch on.

 

“Going somewhere?” Hyosung watched the poor man stare at her in confusion and then realization as his face gave it all away.  Hyosung noticed he was clutching his ribs and she snickered, going to get an ice pack.

 

“Here, this should help.” She held the pack in front of his face and he snatched it out of her hands.

 

“Thanks,” he croaked out. Hyosung lifted her eyebrows and knelt down to get him back on his feet. “You can speak?”

 

He looked at her strangely and nodded. “Course’.”

 

“Good. I’m Hyosung, Hana’s beta.” Hyosung offered a smile. Under her tough exterior, Hyosung had the embrace of a caring mother.

 

The man lifted a brow and his face scrunched up. “Who?”

 

“Hana? She brought you here, have you not seen her yet?” Hyosung asked. Had Hana not checked on him yet? She was the one who brought him, what was she doing during the time Hyosung was on patrol.

 

The man shook his head indicating he didn’t know who her alpha female was. Hyosung sighed and studied the man before her. “Okay then. What’s your name?”

 

The man frowned and his forehead formed a crease. “Jongin, Kim Jongin.” He answered but seemed so unsure with himself. Hyosung nodded and looked at the clock hanging on the wall. 12:45

 

“Jongin?” the man looked at her in confusion. Hyosung smiled softly, “are you hungry? Do you want to take a shower?”

 

His lip pulled back into a snarl and Hyosung laughed. “I’m not saying you smell but it wouldn’t kill you to shower, you’ve been unconscious for a week, I just figured…”

 

The man rolled his eyes and nodded. Hyosung grinned and beckoned for the lone wolf to follow.

 

~~~

Jongin padded his face dry with a towel and looked up into the mirror. He felt fine, his wolf had healed him, and he was regaining his strength back. Jongin looked healthy and clean but there was a bruise on his abdomen that left a burning nightmare. Thankfully the knit sweater Hyosung had lent him from one of her pack brothers covered it.

 

Jongin turned away from the mirror and flipped the light switch off and left the bathroom and entered the hallway. Although his wolf was practically jumping from excitement upon meeting others like him, Jongin couldn’t hear them. He wasn’t part of their pack therefor he had no link to them.

 

Jongin turned the corner leading to the kitchen and stopped in the doorway. Hyosung was hunched over talking in hushed voices with a man Jongin had never met. The two stopped talking and looked at Jongin. Hyosung smiled while the man leaned against the counter and watched him with an intense gaze.

 

Jongin knew he must have been the alpha; he gave off that vibe, that scent, and that posture. Jongin looked away from him and turned his attention towards Hyosung, who walked over to him. "It fits and it looks good on you too. Who knew you and Daehyun would be the same size. Anyways, are you hungry? We only have leftovers but Himchan goes into town tomorrow and does all the shopping."

Jongin nodded and Hyosung lead him to a chair and placed a bowl in front of him. "Thanks." He mumbled. Hyosung nodded and smiled a sleepy grin before heading upstairs to bed.

 

"Hyosung said you were trying to leave, do you not appreciate the care my family has given you?" The man's deep voice shook throughout the house and Jongin dropped his spoon into the bowl, splashing its contents. He looked up and glared at the man, who equally gave him the same look.

 

Jongin sighed and picked up his spoon. "I'm thankful that your pack cared enough to save me but I didn't ask for it. I," Jongin stopped and looked away before continuing. "I wanted to die. I was successful until whoever brought me here but I'm not planning on living very long so I'm sorry if I'm not kissing your ."

 

The man growled and suddenly Jongin was pulled to his feet with the man glaring down at him, gripping his collar. "Did you think you were just going to die and let the snow bury you? There are hunters and there are mobs of them who are just dying to slit our throats. If one of them had found you-" the man stopped and took a deep breath.

 

"If one of them had found you, they'd hang your head proudly in the main streets for the whole town to see. So if you thought you would just die peacefully, that's not how death works. Hana was kind enough to save you, but that doesn't mean the rest of us were." He finished and stomped towards the back door and left slamming it loudly behind him. Jongin fell back into the chair and stared furiously at the spot where the alpha once stood.