The Wedding

One sided love

Lee Jieun's pov

First my mother demanded cancelling. Then she demanded a repayment for their lost trust. Then I stepped in, defending Myungsoo and his family. Then everything went down, when Suzy joined and bashed me because I talked about her boyfriend. Everything I denied, she confirmed. Everything I tried to prevent, she made it happen.

I could not blame her, she was just defending her boyfriend's family's honor. At least that was what I thought she was doing, or then she just wanted to ruin our wedding which was most likely closer to the truth.

After many shouts between my mother and Suzy, they finally calmed down to take a breath. Even that took a lot of persuading and a headache coming on it's way. After that messy situation that was ready to erupt again any time now, Yoonhee pulled me away, rescuing me.

But she, being curious as well, couldn't help asking what was going on. I explained everything. How this happy marriage was a doomed one, how I found out about Suzy, how Sehun just turned his back on me, how I really needed someone, just anyone, I could talk and rely on.

I even shed couple a couple tears that couldn't be avoided. Yoonhee hugged me, wishing some strength to me and she gave me some warmth. That was the point I knew what I wanted. I hoped a short time notice would not prevent it from happening.

"Yoonhee, will you be my maid of honor tomorrow?" I asked her and she pulled away from the hug, staring at me with silence.

"Of course!" she answered with no hesitation in her voice, tears starting to swell up in her eyes as well.

She was so happy for me, just like a real friend should be. I didn't even know how we became this close. Maybe it all started with Hana, the small clueless girl that played with the water in our small fountain, oblivious to the chaos around her.

Today was finally the D-Day. The day I'd marry Kim Myungsoo. I should enjoy this day like it would be my last, that's not far from today anyway. But that mindset would be for the best so that I could get over anything that was about to come. 

I looked at my reflection on this big mirror that revealed how I looked in my white wedding dress my mother and Yoonhee were helping me to adjust.

We decided to held our wedding inside a church, even though I'd really prefer an outdoor wedding. On a beach or under cherry blossoms in Japan for an example. And my husband would truly love me, be ready to vow me his eternal love. I would be the love of his life.

I looked at the happy but still sad smile on my face. Then my gaze went to my dress and I admired its wasted beauty.

It had long sleeves and the front had some silver patterns that formed leaves and flowers. There was some kind of pearly belt going around my waist.

The hem was long, but light so that it floated slightly like it's from a fairytale. I had white heels that had small white flowers on them and a white flowerpin on my hair.

My hair was on a ponytail, but the ends were curled so it would fit Myungsoo taste. He told me I should have more curls on my hair and tie them when we met in the restaurant. 

I glanced carefully at Yoonhee that hummed happily while fixing my gown's hem, I looked at my mother, who was busy tying my loose hair and then at Hana, my lovely flower girl that was admiring her own bunch of flowers. The feeling that suddenly washed over me was nice, and for a second it felt like everything would be real.

The expecting nervousness and the fast thumping of my heart. My wedding day... But the mood changed the moment Myungsoo stepped in my dressing room alongside with Suzy.

"What are you doing? It's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding!" my mother exclaimed and I had to agree with her. That was what people said and that was the tradition that my family had kept intact from years ago. 

"Who cares?" was my lovely husband's answer. "It's not like it's meant to last," he continued, not caring about my aching heart that was now sunken in sadness.

"Fair well. What do you want Myungsoo?" I asked while staring at the wall blankly.

"Suzy will be your maid of honor and my vow is dedicated to her, not to you," he said and I sighed. My heart was writhing in agony but I tried hard to not to let it show. I knew something like this would happen after all, didn't I? But my husband actually vowing to another woman in a church? That must've been counted as a sin.

"We have everything planned," Suzy piped in.

"Except the fact that I am her maid of honor," Yoonhee said sternly, crossing her arms in disapproval.

"Sorry, but not anymore," Suzy said, almost picking a fight with Yoonhee that was about to say something. I stepped in, stopping Yoonhee even though she was just defending me.

"Stop it Yoonhee, let it go. You know you are the one and true maid of honor for me. In here," I said and placed my hand over my heart. The heart I wasn't even sure if it was still beating.

Maybe it was a cliché thing to say but it seemed to have been enough to convince Yoonhee to stop. She nodded reluctantly, shooting a glare at Suzy. I motioned them to continue with their plan.

We went through everything while my mom just cried hopelessly, mourning for this weird situation her daughter was going through. I tried not to care and listen to my guilty heart, but it was difficult. But I shouldn't be the one to complain. I was marrying someone, only officially, but still, I was getting married.

Myungsoo left the room when my father arrived, earning a questioning look from him. My father smiled at me proudly with tears b in his eyes.

"You look beautiful," he said and hugged me tight. It took a lot of effort to not to just start bawling my eyes out in his embrace. Unaware of the tears kept in bay, he soon escorted me behind the door that lead to the aisle. I was nervous. I glanced at Suzy to see how she was doing but it was a big mistake.

Her dress was short, not even reaching her knees, but it was white and it definitely did look like a wedding dress. It was an unspoken rule that only the bride was allowed to wear white, but there she was, trying to challenge my dress and position as a bride.

I had been delusional all this time, thinking I was the one getting married. It had been false hope I gave myself. I wasn't getting married, Suzy was.

I sighed as the doors finally opened and Hana started walking through the aisle, just like Yoonhee had instructed her to do. Everybody awed at the smiling flower girl that threw flowers happily, skipping her way till the end. Then it was widely smiling Suzy's and Yoonhee's turn. I smiled at Yoonhee's back, silently thanking her for everything.

Then, all of a sudden, it was already my turn to start walking. And I walked. I held my head high under the stares of the people, guests that were mostly our parents' working partners. They were standing and I heard some flattering comments that made me blush.

We were walking slowly and when the end of the aisle neared, my father slowed down even more. He didn't want to let me go as he knew I would get hurt. He bravely faced Myungsoo while placing my hand on his.

"Don't hurt her too much," my father whispered with a broken voice. It didn't tell Myungsoo anything, but I caught the hidden sentence in that. It was telling Myungsoo 'she's dying soon and this will be her last wedding. Please show her some love and give her some happiness.'

I had to turn away when father gave me a warm smile and patted my head. It was hard to hold back my tears for the nth time already. It was really sad to think about this whole situation and all the people I was hurting.

My first and last wedding was a faked scenario and my parents wouldn't even be able to celebrate it properly because they knew about it too. I couldn't avoid my miserable fate but I still tried to enjoy it as much as I could.

I was in a haze through the ceremony until I heard the words that would finally seal the deal for real. 

"Will you, Kim Myungsoo, take Lee Jieun as your loving wife and promise to love her till the death?" the priest asked.

"I do," Myungsoo said, but his eyes were looking past me, straight to Suzy's although for the audience the angle made it look like he looked at me. He couldn't even look me in the eyes through this all... I wasn't sure how to feel about anything anymore. 

"Will you, Lee Jieun, take Kim Myungsoo as your loving husband, and promise to love him till death?" I was asked.

"I do," I whispered sadly and I tried to ignore how my voice cracked. 

"You may now kiss the bride," the priest announced but I stayed frozen.

Myungsoo leaned closer and when I closed my eyes, he pecked on my right cheek, his lips nearly touching the corner of my lips. Right after he pulled back, an invisible silent tear rolled down that same cheek.

 

 

A/N: Okay, I've never written a wedding scene before, and I guess you can quite see it from the chapter, but I really tried my best. I'm sorry if it seems a bit rushed and maybe not everything is correct >.< I haven't written a lot of fanfictions yet, and I know I'll improve later on. Till then, this is the best I can do. I hope you enjoyed it nevertheless ^^