Graduation Day

Lina's Special Day

large.jpg

Youngjae’s POV

 

“Are you excited about graduation,” I asked Lina. After I confessed my love for her we have been trying to make a long distance relationship work. Although it’s never the same physically seeing her, text messages and video chat are always helpful to show affection towards one another. “You have no idea! I’ll miss New York but it’ll be good to go back home and find a nice job. You do have the information for the graduation, yes?” “Yes I do,” I said as I grabbed the invitation that was sent to me. “I promise I’ll make it on time!” Lina smiled as saw the invitation and the ticket that came along with it. “Okay, I have to go to sleep now. I have a long day tomorrow,” Lina said as she let out a small but cute yawn. “Okay, I’ll let you get your sleep, Sleeping Beauty.” She smiled and waved me goodbye before she disconnected. Before I let myself fall into a slumber, I checked out the directions to the florist where I will buy her a small graduation bear and a big bouquet of carnations. I’ve seen a few photos on the internet of a woman carrying a huge bouquet of roses, I figured I should give Lina the same thing. She deserves it after her hard work. I turned off my laptop and put it away, climbing back under my bed sheets and slowly falling into a deep slumber.

 

Lina’s POV

 

I was happily enjoying a peaceful and quiet morning in my bed only to be disturbed by an alert from my phone. Lazily I grabbed my phone and saw that it was an emergency alert concerning graduation. Apparently there is a last-minute time change. Instead of the ceremony beginning at 2 It is now beginning at 1. “Ugh.” I let out a small sound of frustration, knowing that I have to get ready starting now. Before I even started my day, I sent Youngjae a quick text about the time change, hoping that he would be able to make it on time. I got up and sat at the corner of my bed, thinking about everything I did these past 4 years in college. There were challenges and there was most definitely a whole lot of fun. But the thing that got me even more excited is the fact that I was able to reconnect with Youngjae, become his girlfriend after many years, and now have him see me walk the stage. Slightly patting my cheeks to wake up, I got up and started getting ready for my special day.

 

Youngjae’s POV

 

The hotel’s alarm went off at 9 in the morning. I lazily hit the snooze button and got up to start getting ready for Lina’s college graduation. After I was finished getting ready, I grabbed my ticket, phone, and wallet and went off to the florist. I left the hotel at around 12 and made my way to get Lina her surprise bouquet. By the time I made it to the florist the clock inside the shop said 12:25. I went up to the register to get the bouquet. “Excuse me, can I have one bouquet with 2 dozen white and red carnations?” The florist looked a bit surprised of the huge bouquet. “Is this for a girlfriend?” I blushed. “Yes it is. It’s for her graduation today and I want to give her this huge surprise.” She smiled and nodded at me. “We are currently low on red carnations but the shipment for them won’t be here til about 12:45. Will that be alright?” I was slightly taken back. I was hoping it would be simple for me to just get the bouquet and bear and make my way to her graduation, which is literally 45 minutes from here. ‘I’ll probably be a bit late to get a front row seat. I hope she won’t mind.’  I looked at the florist and told her that I’ll wait as well as my purchase for the graduation bear. I waited. It wasn’t too long of a wait but the wait felt forever. Fortunately the shipment came in exactly on time and the bouquet was currently being made. The bouquet was huge and it was arranged in a very beautiful manner. “Would you like to write her a quick message on a card?” I nodded as she gave me a small white card and a pen while she finishes up the finishing touches of the bouquet. I couldn’t think of much to say to her, so I just wrote a cute and simple message:

 

Congrats grad! You are an amazing and talented woman that I am lucky enough to call my girlfriend. I love you and I can’t wait to see where your future takes you!

 

I have the florest the small card as she carefully places it between two carnations. She went and grabbed the graduation bear and the order was ready for purchase. “It’s a huge bouquet. Your girlfriend must be a special lady,” she said with a smile on her face. “She is. We were best friends during our freshman year in high school and we didn’t become a couple til about a couple of months ago,” I sheepishly admitted. “Well I hope she enjoys her graduation and your present.” She gave me the bouquet and the bear. By the time I left the florist shop it was already 1:45. Damn I’m late!

 

I finally made it to the location and I showed whoever was in charge at the gate my ticket. By the time I passed through, they were already giving out the graduates their diplomas. ‘I couldn’t possibly be this late!’ I quickly found an empty seat and saw that Lina was next in line to get her diploma. When they announced her name and she walked the stage in her purple cap and gown, she was highly mentioned for her photos and her involvement around the campus. I cheered for her real loud, making sure that she is able to hear how proud I am of her. The ceremony ended and I got up to find Lina. Lina ran up to me, only seeing a small graduation bear and a huge bouquet of flowers. “Youngjae, you did not!” She grabbed the bouquet and the small stuffed animal only to show a huge bright smile that I was all too familiar with for the past 8 years. “I thought you said graduation started at 2!” Lina looked at me confused. “I sent you a text early in the morning about a time change!” I looked at her with the same confused face. “I never recieved the text.” Lina was getting a bit frustrated. “Babe, I promise you I sent you a text!” I let out a slightly frustrated puff of air while I was digging for my phone. “Lina I did not get your text. If I did I would....” By the time I was pressing the home screen to unlock my phone, it didn’t take long to realize that I forgot to charge my phone and that I have been spending the entire day with a phone with a dead battery. “...I would know that my phone has been dead the entire time,” I said with full embarrassment. “HA! I told you!” Lina always loved being right. She took a moment to look at the bouquet and found that there was a small card inside. She grabbed it and read it out loud, only to smile along the way. “Youngjae this is a beautiful and amazing surprise from you. I love you too.” She walked up to me and gave me loving and meaningful kiss. “Thank you for coming to see my walk the stage. I couldn’t ask for anything better.” I have her a peck on the lips. “Congrats grad, and I love you a whole lot.”

 

A/N

Until I can think of a way to actualy write a sequel to my Youngjae fanfic, this is my small present to you all for loving it and wanting a sequel. Leave a lovely comment and stay tune for any future announcements!