Doesn't Matter

Errant

Kyungsoo's POV:

" Just wanted to know if you're going to eat something that was stepped on," he responded with an amused look.

W.hat.. I widden my eyes..but then slowly realized...

I should've known... he wouldn't given me something free so easily.

After giving him bitter smile, I unattached his foot from the burger. The only thing he did was smile as if he knew it all along that someone low like me would just pick it up and eat it like it's perfectly normal. 

I don't blame him. Homeless people like myself doesn't have any pride left anyway. All we do is try our best to survive and have a better life. Pride is not something we have. 

I was used to people looking down on me anyway.

I picked up the burger, dust off the dirt, and glanced up at him again. 

"Thank you...Thank you for giving me a meal, I don't really mind that it's stepped on though. It's still edible and it can keep me full for the whole day." I gave him a bright smile. It wasn't fake. Not at all. I really did mean every word I've said. I am very grateful to even have someone giving me a meal.

Not giving him another glance, I took a bite into the burger. He's probably laughing to himself right now. At me..

For doing something so low. Doesn't matter because the burger was delicious. 

I can still taste a bit of the dirt, but other than that it's the most delicious thing I've been eating. That's not saying a lot considering I've been eating burnt bread from the nearby bakeries.

I broke the burger in half and save the side that I haven't bitten for tomorrow and probably the day after that! I can eat 1/4 of the burger each day. I'll be greedy and eat 1/2 of it today because I haven't eaten for the past days. I hope it won't go bad by then. After wrapping it in old pieces of paper that I've had in my bag, I carefully placed it inside. 

Now, I can finally live two days without worrying and being able to walk around without having trouble breathing every minute because of starvation. For the next two days, I won't have to deal with my body feeling like it's going to pass out anytime soon. 

This is great...wonderful.  I was lost in thoughts and didn't realize that I had a stupid grin on my face and tears slowly running down my face. 

"Are you that happy? Happy that you're eating something that was stepped on by someone's shoes. You don't even know where my shoe have been and what I've stepped on." He stated with a judging look.

Looking down on me and homeless people...

Just like everybody else. 

 

"I am happy, I have no reason not to. This is my first meal in days. And this will probably hold me together for the next couple of days.I'm very grateful that someone so kind like you have given me a meal. And it's true that I don't know where your shoe have been and what you've stepped on. But like I've said before, I don't really mind. It won't kill me anyways. If anything, I'd probably die if I didn't eat it." I bluntly told him. It was the truth. I knew very well that my body couldn't take the starvation anymore and I would die if I didn't get something in my body.

 

He just stood there silently after I made my little speech. I smiled to myself and took another small bite into my burger. 

I was in my own little world slowly chewing on my burger afraid that it'll be gone. I closed my eyes and smile stupidly. Too busy daydreaming to even realized that he had stepped closer.

He bends down to the level of my face and gently pats my head. 

"You know, you're really cute when you eat." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

OOokay,so that was really short. 

Thank you for those who have subscribed, up voted my story, and commented. Thanks to you guys, I've successfully forced my lazy out of bed and wrote a quick chapter. 

KAI, that bipolar mofo.