A Day with Do Kyungsoo

Errant

Kyungsoo's POV

I sat myself up from the dark surrounding as I heard my alarm loudly rang. As I straighten myself up and dust off the trash on my clothes, I accidently bumped my head on the top of the dumpster's lid. Ouch. What a bad way to start off the day.

Yea, I live inside of a dumpster. It's not really that bad actually. I always feel safe when I'm inside of it. At least no gang or any bad person would hurt and rob me. Even if they do, they wouldn't be able to get any money out of me anyways. Ha..

I quickly grabbed my phone that was laying beside me under some trash and my precious bucket to get ready to begin the day. As I pushed the dumpster's lid up, the darkness hit me. I was on a certain small street corner that doesn't even have a name. 

My alarm clock was set at 5:30 AM. It was still before dawn. Of course there is darkness...dumb kyungsoo. 

It was set at 5:20 AM so I could get to the big street in Seoul at the busy-hour, when everyone is going to work, hoping that someone would be kind and donate some money. It's still early in the morning, so of course I wasn't expecting to see any brightness. However, even though it's the same routine for the past 4 years, I am still very much afraid of the darkness that I wake up to see everyday. It's a fear that I cannot overcome.

Maybe it's because of the feeling that went along with it. The darkness makes me feel lost. I'm alone... without anybody.

And the feeling of fear that my life will be like this forever.

Dark. Depressed. Hopeless.

That's how I've been living ever since the death of my parents. 

I don't know what direction my life is going. I feel so lost. 

Enough with all the negative thoughts for the morning. I should get going. 

I started to walk towards the bigger street. And as always, like what I expected, there were a lot of people going to work at this hour. My usual spot was at the front of Forbes. It's such a huge and successful company. So of course, there are a lot of workers that works there. I sat myself down near the entrance of the building, placed my bucket in front of me, put up the sign that states: HOMELESS, PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU!

Now, I am ready to begin my day! 

People, dressed in fancy clothes, walked passed me. Men in fancy business suits, and women in expensive dressed walked into the building without even giving me a glance. Do they not see me? But the sign is pretty big... maybe they're just busy. 

2 Hours have passed and only I only got a few change dropped by the people passing by. I tried to hide my disappointment and keep smiling, but nothing was working. No one spare me any change. 

I guess I'm not eating today.

I don't know how long I can survive like this. Barely eating a proper meal every week. 

I can feel my body growing weak, I'm not surprised. I didn't get anything in my stomach the past few days but water.

My body is growing weary, I could see my bones and veins. It's not a pleasant sight. 

Giving in to the fact that no one was going to spare me any money, I laid back. Head resting against the building's wall, shoulder slumped, I was tired. I feel like I could passed out any minute now due to hunger.

I was about to close my eyes, but then a pair of black shoes stepped in front of me. The person dropped a Subway's sandwich right in front of my sign. Was he giving it to me? I stared at it for 5 seconds. Silence... he didn't say anything. So I guess it's for me? 

I slowly reach my hand out about to pick it up, but what he did next was totally surprising.

He lift his right foot and stepped on it. 

.

.

.

why... that could've been my first meal in days..

I slowly glanced up at the person. I stared at him a little longer than I should've. 

.

.

He have a very handsome face. Yup. 

" W..hy?" I managed to whisper.

" Just wanted to know if you're going to eat something that was stepped on," he responded with an amused look.