1) Marriage?

Cuz it's Forbidden Love

Narrator's POV

It was about the time of the sunset when a girl entered the large glass house. The servants bowed at her appearance and she acknowledged them before going upstairs to her room. The girl had many things going on in her mind as the stock prices lowered and the sales of her father's inheritated company rose. She had a stressful day and all she wanted to do was relax in her porcelain tub.

"ahjumma, draw the bath will you?" Subin asked when she entered her room. The lady bowed and scurried off into the girl's bathroom, following her request. Subin undressed and wore a robe before putting her clothes in the bin and setting all of her jewelry on the vanity. After putting her hair in a high bun, the servant re-entered Subin's bedroom.

"your bath is ready agassi" she bowed. Subin nodded and dismissed her as she walked into the bathroom. The girl stripped herself of the bathrobe and grabbed the remote before turning on the tv and sinking inside the warm tub. Subin watched her dramas and relaxed in the warm water.

"Subin-ah!" a woman shouted as she entered the bedroom

"ma'am, Subin agassi is taking a bath" the servant said

"doors" the woman demanded with a wave of her hand. The servant nodded and reluctantly opened the door

"umma, must you interrupt my relax time?" Subin asked as she paused the drama

"oh dear, this is important. Now hurry and dry off. I already picked out an outfit for you. The bag is outside on your bed. Your appa and I will be waiting downstairs. Don't take longer than 30 minutes" umma said and kissed the top of her daughter's head. Subin groaned as soon as her mother left and dried off with her towel. She protested, in her head, whatever her parents were planning right now, but of course she still obeyed.

 Subin looked at the clothes inside the bag and tilted her head in confusion

"is anything wrong agassi?" the servant asked

"why did umma buy this for me?" Subin asked showing her the outfit

"it seems that your parents have booked an important reservation" the servant answered "so I suggest that you get ready."

"I am. Now turn around" Subin ordered and the maid nodded. The girl put on the skirt and shirt, fixing the belt, before putting on some makeup. She hastily fixed her hair and settled with putting them down with loose curls. After picking out a pair of heels and a purse, she grabbed her phone and went downstairs.

"there she is" a man smiled at her

"appa" Subin said greeting him with a warm hug

"oh my, don't you look beautiful" he said kissing her crown

"of course she's beautiful, she's our daughter" the woman laughed before examining her "the outfit looks good, don't you think?"

"neh umma" Subin nodded

"it suits you too" appa said "now let's go. The Chos are waiting"

"where are we going?" Subin asked

"oh to your marriage arrangement, dear" umma said as they entered the car.

"where to, sir?" the chauffeur asked

"our restaurant. The main branch" appa said fixing his tie

"my marriage arrangement? umma, I never agreed to this" Subin said

"Subin-ah, you're getting older. What would happen if your father or I suddenly get into an accident? We're certainly not the most favored people in the country" her mother explained "and you'll have to take over the companies in the future, so we'd rather that you have a husband - one that we know has good experience in our world - than for you to handle it yourself. So just get married now" 

"umma, I'm 20 years old" Subin said

"that's a suitable age to get married. Besides, we're planning the wedding in a year's time so you'll be 21" umma said "now don't talk back, we already have it planned"

"neh" Subin nodded paying attention to her phone

"and Subin, dear, tomorrow is the 6-month inspection of our entertainment industry" appa said

"JYP?" Subin asked

"yes exactly. Since that is the easiest one to handle, I'm going to ask you to hold the inspection. Plus, I believe you'll have a better view since you are of the younger generation" he said

"what do I do, appa?" Subin asked

"oh simple, Subin-ah" he said "go there at 8 am, stay until 5 pm. Record down the sanitary essentials, staff, artists, just view it to your liking. If there's anything you find unsatisfying, contact the CEO. If he disagrees, call me"

"neh appa" Subin nodded. After a few minutes or so, they arrived at the restaurant

"here we are" umma said and put her hand on Subin's shoulder "you'll adore him dear, I heard he's a total sweetie. I know arranged marriages are so ancient, but your appa and I met through an arranged marriage and...it wasn't so bad"

"are you scared Subin-ah?" appa asked

"a little bit" she said. As soon as the family entered the restaurant, they were greeted by respected bows

"Mr. and Mrs. Kwon" the front deskman bowed "and of course, Miss Subin-ssi. You look absolutely beautiful today"

"kamsahamnida" she bowed

"are the Chos here?" appa asked

"neh sir, they arrived just 5 minutes ago. They're in the VIP room." he said

"good work" appa said and led them to the elevator. At the highest table, sat three people.

The Chos are also a family of tycoons, their successors being two sons, one was Subin's age and the other was 7 years old. They major mostly in the money business, owning several chains of banks and hotels.

"chingu-ya" appa said giving the man a hug

"aigoo Kwangho-ya" he said "it's been a while"

"unnie" umma smiled as she greeted the other woman. The adults chatted for a bit before giving the two kids attention

"this is my precious daughter" appa smiled

"annyeonghaseyo, Kwon Subin imnida" Subin bowed

"well, aren't you a beautiful girl. You look exactly like your mother" the man heartily chuckled "this is my eldest son"

"annyeongaseyo, Cho Junyoung imnida" he bowed. The dinner was absolutely awkward between the two teens, well at least that's what they thought. Their parents completely ignored them and began to talk by themselves.

"don't be shy you too, talk" Junyoung's mother laughed "before dessert comes out, you should at least know a little about each other"

"do you need a separate table?" appa asked

"ani appa, gwencha-"

"waiter!" appa called and immediately someone aided them

"neh sir" he said

"bring these two to another table, give them the chef special on dessert" appa ordered and reluctantly both Subin and Junyoung stood up, following the waitor.

"so...what college do you go to?" Subin asked

"that doesn't really matter now does it?" he said sitting back in the chair

"excuse me?" she scoffed

"come on, this is the 21st century Subin-ssi" Junyoung said "arranged marriages? pfft like I'd do something like that."

"then why are you here?" Subin narrowed her eyes at him

"same reason as you" he smirked "parents. Now let's be real here, arranged marriage or not, I have a girlfriend to get back to, so if you don't mind. I'm going to leave"

"ka" she crossed her arms "I don't need your rude here in my restaurant."

"well it's too bad you're going to be stuck with this rude " Junyoung said "see you later"

"" Subin muttered before heading back to her parents

"Subin-ah, were's Junyoung?" umma asked

"ah, Junyoung had an appointment so he had to leave" she said

"appointment? he never told us about an appointment" his father said

"it was something that just came up" Subin said kindly "I need to head home too, it was nice meeting you eomeonim, abeonim"

"are you busy?" appa asked "you should stay-"

"aniyo appa, I have some schoolwork to finish and I need to look over the plans from the fashion company" Subin bowed "I'll see you at home"


A/N Yaaaay first chapter up. So like I'm going to the East Coast tomorrow and I don't know if I'll be able to update for like a week - but I'll try. Hope you guys like the first chapter ^-^

K-pop slays me
Subscribe, comment, and upvote~
-Yuni