Arrow 1

Cupido

 

'

 

Spring.

You either love it or feel completely sick about it, Key would choose the latter if someone would ask his opinion. This was the busiest time for him. There were so many people who had suffer from bitter brake ups in the winter time. Key hated spring, because he had to be with people more and it remind him that not even a single person knew that he existed on this planet.

He felt great after successful day though. He was happy if he managed to get someone from his list to fall in love again. Key always tried to make sure that those who were on his list would really find the right one, because he got the most difficult cases. 

But again, Key didn't have the a ability to fly and he didn't shoot cute little heart shaped arrows. No. 

The things he did was simply go along with the person one by one on his list and guide them.

For example, have you ever felt that you should stay in some place just a little longer and then you met someone? This was what Key could do. He often whisper to people what to do, but they only think that it was their own idea. He could also move things. That much he could do to interact with people, but only that, no one could notice him in spite of that little talent.

Key was really good of what he was doing. There were only few lost cases and hundreds of new happy couples.

Today he had a girl who needed his help. Key looked through his notebook where he wrote down some information about every person he was going to work with. He also had a picture of every person.

  • Her name: Mi-Cha (how cute)
  • Age 28
  • Divorced 2 years ago (man was a head)
  • Involved in a car accident 
  • Scar on her lips (still she is very pretty, just like her name says)
  • work: secretary in a big company

 

"Ok better get started with her". Key had spent his day in the library because it was raining and he loved books. Now it looked like the rain had stopped so he decided to locate Mi-Cha. 

Key hurried to make it in time out side of the big building, where the girl worked. It was afternoon so everyone would be going home from the office. Key waited for an hour, but there were no sings of Mi-Cha so Key walked in to the office to find her. After some time he spotted a small woman, completely surrounded in papers.

"Poor girl, this wont do. Are you thinking that working this much will help you to forget that you are lonely?" Key leaned against her table and shook his head with disapproving way and squat down and looked at the girl who arranged her paper piles, one after another. 

Key felt that this was enough, he had to get her out. He leaned close to her ear and whispered to her.

"Let's get some coffee. Weather is so lovely, if you don't believe me, just look out."

Suddenly Mi-Cha stopped and sighed heavily before she turned her head to look out from the window, but soon started to go through her papers again.

"Seriously girl!! You can do your work outside while drinking coffee!" Key scolded her. It seemed that this girl was a workaholic. Mi-Cha closed her eyes for a second and took a slow, deep breath and got up from the chair. 

"That's my girl." Key smiled and looked how Mi-Cha picked a pile of papers from the table. Key walked close by when they walked out from the office, but soon he ran back next to her and whispered her again about the place he wanted her to go. There was a really cute place close by and Key needed her to go there. There was one guy, few years older than she, working there. That guy was a single parent, heart was pure gold, he had good nature and if asked from Key, the man looked good too. 

 

Key was having his one sided conversation with her. They were sitting outside, right in front of the cafeteria. It was time to send her away. Key looked Mi-Cha who had piled all her papers on her lap. Key let a little laugh out before he made his next move.

"Whoops! I'm so clumsy today." Key swept all the papers from that Mi-Cha's lap with his hand and the made them spread all over the street.

It was no surprise that Mi-Cha freaked out and started to collect the papers on the ground, while shooting curses in the air.

"Okay, I think this case is closed." Key stood up and walked backwards for awhile when he saw how a tall man from the cafeteria ran out to help her. 

"GOOD LUCK TO YOU TWO!!" Key yelled from a far, turned around and walked away. They didn't hear him, but Key loved to wish luck, even though he knew they didn't need it, he was never wrong when it was a matter of matchmaking.

 

"Okay then, what should I do now? Should I go to the park or just walk." 

"Maybe I just go to my favorite place and continue the book I started already." 

His favorite place was on the roof of one building. The building itself was big, but it didn't have that many floors, so it was perfect to observe the city and its people. It took him an hour to walk there, he didn't have any rush, all he had was time. As a cupid he didn't have to sleep, eat or drink. He had always wanted to do those things, but what could he do, he was almost like a ghost. 

Key took his regular spot when he got up there. He usually sat on the edge of the roof. He didn't fear heights, because he wouldn't get hurt if he fell down.

Key had snitch a book from the library earlier. He always did that, but always made sure he returned them as soon as he had finished the book. He was sitting on his favorite spot, legs crossed and hanging over the edge. Key started to swing them every time there was a thrilling scene going on in the book and crossed them again when the situation got normal again. Every time there was romantic moments, he rolled some strands of his slightly honey colored hair around his forefinger, as he kept on reading. 

Before he even noticed it was starting to get dark.

"Too bad, just when it really started to get exciting! I better finish this tomorrow in the library. Dark time is so boring, there is so few people awake at night. Should I check who's next in my list?" Key closed the book and took his small notebook out of his pocket and started to look who was on the next page.

But when he turned the page, there was only a picture.

"Funny...I'm usually so strict with my notes. How come there is nothing else but this picture?" Key scratched his chin and tried to think.

"Ooh, now I remember. This one was an extra, I got it when he was classified as an impossible case." Key nodded and smiled to himself, he would definitely solve this one. Maybe it wasn't that bad to have a challenging case once in a while.

Key lifted his legs up and turned around and jumped off from the edge. He had decided to find out where this guy lived and spent his time, so he headed down from the roof.

 

It was probably midnight when Key finally stopped and sat down under a tree. He had been wondering allover the city and had eventually found himself standing in some empty playground. 

He had noticed that there was address behind the picture, but it was impossible to figure out the last words that were blurred.

While Key tried to think where this guy in the picture might live, there was a guy wondering close by. He had headphones hanging on his neck and he was humming some song. He had pushed a cap deep on his head so Key couldn't see his face completely, but he estimated that he couldn't be much over 20 years old. Key followed him with his eyes all the way to the swings that were few meters away from Key. 

The guy sat down on the swing and kicked some speed. 

Key heard that he was now singing, so he decided to move little closer to hear his voice. What else he would do at this time at night? It was rare that there would be sober person in the playground at this hour. As Key got closer enough he sat down on the ground and listened the guy singing. 

"He has really good voice. Why is he here at this hour, it's a shame that I'm the only one hearing this." 

The guy sang the next half an hour. Key sat near by the whole time and sang along every song he knew. When the guy finally stopped, Key stood up and gave him loud cheering and clapped like crazy until he couldn't quite feel his palms.

Key walked little closer.

"Woaaahhh!! You are really talented! I could listen you the whole night! I wish you could hear me, but thank you anyway." Key smiled to the guy and returned to the tree to get his notebook. Key was determined to locate that next guy on his notebook. He bend over and picked his things.

The "singer" guy had stopped swinging and jumped off from the swing. He took off his cap, ruffled his hair and cleared his throat. He kicked some rocks away and took few steps from the swings. 

Key was walking away from the tree and he was just about to pass the guy when...

"Thank you!"

Key glanced the guy and looked around to see who he was talking to. There wasn't a single person in there. Key turned to look at the guy next to him with a face that probably looked really stupid and was about to continue to walk away when the guy grabbed his hand and stepped in front of Key.

"Wait! Sorry..I startled you didn't I. But really, thank you. What's your name?" The guy with a dark brown hair asked. 

Key couldn't understand what was going on, this should be impossible. He stared the guy and glanced his hand that the guy was holding gently.

"Y-You...Can you really see me?" Key finally managed to stutter.

"What? You are weird. So what is your name?" The guy laughed and Key realized that he had sawn the smile before. It was the guy from the picture he had.

 "Umm..sorry, I'm little confused. I'm Key." Key answered, he still couldn't believe that he was actually talking to a person. REAL person who could see him and hear him. He felt how blood rushed to his head and he felt dizzy. He had never felt like that.

"Key? That is unusual name, but I think it sounds nice when you say it. What is your real name? I'm Kim Jonghyun, but you can call me Jjong if you want." The guy talked so fast. 

"Real name? I don't...I don't have any." Key had to close his eyes, he felt little weak, again something that he wasn't used to feel. 

"Sorry. I'm little too fast with my questions right? Are you living somewhere near? You look little pale, I think you sh..."

And before Jonghyun could finish his sentence he saw how Key collapsed on the ground in front of him.

"!! Are you ok? Can you hear me?! Oh , what should I do...Right, check if his breathing..." Jonghyun knelt down and placed his hand close to Key's mouth and felt how warm air traveled out from his mouth. 

"Thank god, he's breathing but he's burning hot. Okay, you are coming with me, you can thank me later." 

Jonghyun pulled Key up from the ground and decided to piggyback Key to his home. On the way, he could hear Key's week mutters about how  this all had to be a really sick joke.

"How is a grown man so light? Do you even eat? It's no wonder that you caught a fewer." Jonghyun talked to Key who was breathing rather fast and Jonghyun noticed that it felt warmer than before when he checked if he was breathing.

Key was arguing to himself if the whole thing was really happening or not. He was feverish and in pain because he collapsed on the ground. It wasn't normal, he could jump down from the buildings roof without suffering any damage and it shouldn't be possible for him to get feverish, he was a cupid. 

"Okay, few steps and we are there. Can you hear me Key?" 

"Am I going to die? I feel like !" Key yelled in panic and it made Jonghyun roll his eyes.

"No, you are not going to die. You act like it would be your first time to have a fever." 

"What if it is. I'm not even human!!" Key whined to Jonghyun who started to laugh.

"Sure you're not."

After that, Key felt how he was placed on to something soft and after a moment something wet and cold was placed to his forehead. 

Key heard how Jonghyun sat next to him and for the first time in his life, he fell a sleep.

 

Something had changed. But why, why now?

 

 

 


Hellooooooo!!!

 

So like I promised,  I started to write when my summer vacation starts and that was yesterday.

Oooh how I love my free time :DD

 

 

Okay, so this is the beginning. What do you think? ^^

 

Thanks for all subbies so far and for Hyunrien I'd like to say:

You were right!!!! ^^

 

Hope you liked it and keep reading this story. 

Leave a comment ^^

Luv you all!