oo2

Slip Of The Tongue

 


So there’s this day. Kyungsoo haven’t contact me for almost a week and that’s worried me. he just text me twice a day and only said something like.

I can't meet you today, I’m sorry. Have you eat?”

 

or anything like that.

 

It would be a lie if I said I’m not worrying him anymore and I trust him fully. No I don’t trust him fully. Especially when he lied exactly to my face and try to avoiding my question, plus his weird behavior lately. I wonder if he cheats behind my back. And I wonder if the girl is Cha Hyeri. When the girl came across us in our favorite café. The looked in Kyungsoo change. The first time he saw her, he looked shock. It’s like he met his first love all over again. And it worries me. After right we met her, Kyungsoo took me home right away. He told me he needed to catch up a lot of things with her. At first I don’t worry much, but after this? I start to believe she’s the boy’s first love. Or perhaps,… true love.

I can't imagine living without Kyungsoo. After our third year in relationship, I can't imagine Kyungsoo just left me because of his first love. And because Kyungsoo haven’t answered my phone for several times, I decided to came to my friends party. Yesterday, my highschool friends asked me to attend her reunion, party at a well-known club in Gangnam. At first I planned to ask Kyungsoo out, but it all ruined. So I packed my clutch. Wear some make up and put a skimpy dress. Well it’s a girls’ day out, so I have no concerns about the dress.

Or so I thought…

There are so many people in the club. Girls and boys. And I regret I didn’t wear proper clothes here, just because I thought it’s just some girls’ day out. It’s a freaking reunion! There must be boys and girls. Why I didn’t think of that in the first place! I must be a freaking dumb, and now Kyungsoo will be mad at me because I wear too-revealing clothes.

 

But hey, Kyungsoo’s not around. And who care about him. He’s not even calling me this past week. He didn’t give a damn, this past week. So who care? Just have fun tonight and put Kyungsoo aside.

After sitting in the bar for 10 minutes, the girls finally recognize me and called my name. “You’re here alone?” asked Yura, “yeah, Jaehee can't come, she’s busy with her assignment,” I answered, the girls probably asking about my bestfriend, Jaehee. Yeah, she’s in the laws major and busy to prepare her test the next day.

“no, no… I mean, your boyfriend! You didn’t asked him along?” asked Haeyoung.

I shook my head. “no… he’s been… busy,” I lied. I didn’t even know what kind of issue he had right now.

“Alright, then just have fun and met other guy here. Someone might catch your eye right after.” Dara giggled and pat my . I just gave her a reassuring smile and sit back in the bar alone. Let them went away and dance. I sigh at myself.

I shouldn’t come here.

 

“Jason, a pint of bitter for me and a brandy for the lady,”

 

Suddenly a guy sits next to me. I glanced at him and saw his blonde hair from the corner of my eyes. He's wearing a black leather jacket and a pair of jeans to show his long legs and tall figure. You could see his jaw line show beautifuly infront of you appealingly. The guy then turns over to me and put his palm on his chin.

“so I’ve been looking at you and saw you sitting alone here for a moment. Are you waiting for someone to come?” I looked at him and frowned, “hmm, non of your business.” I coldly answered.

He nodded at me when the drinks come and he hand it over the brandy to me. “Feisty, love it.”

Later I glared at him, “hmm fine, you don’t want to take your brandy, what a waste. Want to dance?”

“What? No,”

He furrowed his eyebrow and smiled again. His smile isn’t wide as Kyungsoo, but the smile is handsome enough to melt every woman in this room. Well maybe including me.

“Alright, then at least give me your name,” told him attractively as I could see his smirked a little. But I just sit there and piercing my eyes at him.

“I’m Kris Wu, the friend of the one who made this party,” he mumbled the last part. Then it catches me. I widened my eyes and looked at him shocked.

“You… you’re Kris?! Who always failed at our art class?” I laughed at him then. Wow another highschoolar I forgot. 

And this time, Kris is the one who furrowed his eyebrows. “You knew me?”

I nodded amusedly, “of course! Our failure at the art class!”

“Wait, wait, how do you know me? Do I know you?” asked him once more.

“I’m the class president! You’re eyeglasses nerd!” I point my fingers to myself and looked at Kris who still amused and gapped at me. Kris then widened his eye and shouted my name in the middle of the noisy bar. I laughed at him who finally remembers my name.

He still amused. “I can’t believe it! I hit on you!”

“so what if you hit on me! I’m smoking hot!” I joked.

He laughed with me then. “But still! You look so different! I barely know you.” Said him once again. “You mean I look prettier this time?”

He nodded as he once again checked me out from head to toe, “ yes of course! Are you taking some plastic surgery?”

I take a sip of my brandy as we talked. “Whaaat? No! I exercise you dumb! You still dumb as ever,”

“And you still feisty as ever,”

“What ever you say,” I said as we catch up with things. Let me get you clear, guys. Kris was my crush. He’s Yura’s best friend and she ever tried to set us up on a date. But it always failed. I guess my fate not with him. We talked a lot about our life in collage. So Kris happened to take business major and decided to leave Korea and back to China for a year.

He told me that he was dating Mikyung and just broke up one week ago. So he end up alone and spent his night at this bar. Waiting Mikyung to make up her mind and go back with him.

“You decided to back with her but you hitting girls this whole time? I bet she won't be proud with you this time.”

Kris sighed, “What are you expecting me to? Stay in my room all day long? Fishing like an old man?”

I rolled my eyes, “well at least don’t do this, it’s not nice, you know…”

“I won't lie to you. But we, men, have need to accomplished, nerd,” he whispered in my ear and I shoved him away.

I gagged, “euh, why would you say things like that in front of me?!”

Kris just chuckled. “Maybe because I want to sleep with you as well?” he winked.

I laughed at his joked. “Stop it Kris, my boyfriend might kick your balls,”

“What? Our class president has a boyfriend?” he gasp like he didn’t even believe that someone want to end up with me. Rude.

“Yes of course!”

“I can't believe it! The guy must have been an unlimited patient! He sure have some balls.”

I laughed, “yes he’s a patient person and his name is Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo.” I repeated.

“And I bet this Do Kyungsoo haven’t slept with you this whole time,”

I just kept silence. Because that’s ultimately true. I haven’t slept with him yet. Actually it never crosses my mind. Not even once. Why? Maybe because I save it for the right guy, or for my future husband. So I bit my lip and look at my brandy.

“see, I told you so. And you guys are quarrelling right now.”

I stay silent, and so I hear Kris sighing. “You know, maybe you guys quarrelling right now because you won't gave him your ity,”

And so I glared at him. He looked shocked. “What?! Yo–you’re not a ?” I quickly press my palms on his blabbering mouth. And after he’s stay calm I let him go.

“You’re not?!” asked him.

I sighed and answered, “I am! But I don’t want anyone to hear this!” I hissed

“what a relieve, I can't imagine if you had lost your ity to someone!”

“geez, can you stop saying those things? It makes me uncomfortable!”

“fine, fine. Lets get back to the topic. Okay, so press, maybe he has some needs but he didn’t want to budge you and put a pressure for you. Because he knows that you still want to kept it.”

I don’t understand, “and so?”

“And so he tried to bear it for a long time. And you know, guy can’t bear it that long. If he haven’t talked to you about it, he probably has accomplished his need.”

I furrowed my eyebrow. “but how?”

Kris rolled his eyes, “you’re really innocent, aren’t you? By sleeping with someone else of course!”

And that caught me. I can't believe it, he slept with other girl, he’s cheating on me. that’s why he’s been avoiding me! this all make sense! that Cha Hyeri. That noona! and that midnight call! damn it. 

“but you know, that was just my opinion. Maybe he’s some loyal type. Knowing that you're his girlfriend, he might think twice to sleep around.“

Kris tried to explained as he saw me clench my jaw and have a grip on my brandy glass. I gritted my teeth. Looking straight with those furious eyes, then drank  the brandy with one gulp.

 

“that, son of ,”

 


 

I decided to ask for another shot and later asked Kris to dance with me. I tried my best to keep Kyungsoo away from my mind, but I just can't. He kept appearing in my mind. And how hurt my heart was and how furious am I.

He’s lying to me.

He’s been sleeping with that noona.

He’s cheating on me!

 

I’m half drunk as I press my body against Kris broad shoulder. At least Kyungsoo didn’t have a broad shoulder and tall figure like this. Kris sometime push me aside and try to wake me up from my unconsciousness drunk self.

I giggled at him, “don’t stop me! I thought you want me to sleep with you!”

Kris shook my shoulder, “Press, wake up. Don’t be drunk. That might not true. He’s not sleeping with anyone.” He pushed me harder but then I hugged him tight.

I started to grab his shirt and try to reach his very first button.

“Press, don’t do this. Press!” he shouted and he grabbed my shoulder. And I stopped. I stopped from what I’m doing and kneeled down infront of him. Falling. My knee hurts but I won't mind it. My head keep replaying Kyungsoo. How he smiled beautifully at me. How his beautiful forehead show whenever he push his hair up. Or how his sweet voice sang in my ears. Making a tickles sensation through my body everytime he sang me that love song we used to sing in the karaoke. I missed him, that much as I don’t realize tears start running down my face. I cried, as I can't imagine how could he cheat on me. Lied to me. And hurt me like this. almost everyone start gathering around us, looking at me who sat on the floor like a beggar, and a panic Kris who start explaining things that this isn’t his fault. The music of the DJ has stopped and left the disco lamp to do it works in the club.

“Stand up, you lazy girl,” a voice came to recognition. His voice echoed in my ear as I tried to peek from my long bangs. The people start chattering. A pair of hands reaches my arm right then. He pulls me up lightly as I keep looking down at him.

“Let’s go home,” his sweet but stern voice called. And I followed him going outside the club as the people looking at us. 


how was the second chapter? I hope you guys like it :)