Magnets (Baekyeol)

642 Things to Write About EXO

Click.

Clack.

Click.

Clack.

Cli-

“Baekhyun!”

A boy snaps up in his seat, his gaze that was once placed on his feet now staring up into the eyes of his angry math teacher. “S-sorry Mr. Barge… I-I just…” “You just what Baekhyun? You just weren’t paying attention, you were just disrupting my class with those incessant clicking noises, and you were just being disrespectful by playing with magnets during a lecture?” Mr. Barge asks, leaning down to look at Baekhyun with a condescending look. “N-no sir, I-I just needed to…” “Exactly, you didn’t need to do anything but be silent Baekhyun, and yet you can’t even respect me, your classmates, or yourself and allow us all to do as we are supposed to do in a math class, which is listen.” Baekhyun sniffs, trying to keep his obvious tears from spilling over onto his bruised cheeks.

“Thank you, Mr. Byun.” Mr. Barge says, readying himself to turn on his heal when he has second thoughts and turns back around. “I’ll take those." Mr. Barge nods his head down to Baekhyun’s lap, where his hands are clasped around two spherical magnets. “N-no, Mr. Barge!” Baekhyun finally wails, his tears breaking through the damn holding them back as the stream down his cheeks. “Baekhyun.” Baekhyun knows that voice, it’s the ‘I’m disappointed in you’ voice, the ‘you’re worthless and incapable’ voice. It’s the only tone people use with him anymore.


Baekhyun sits with his knees pressed into his chest, face buried away from everyone’s view as he waits in the principal’s office for Mrs. Jenny to come pick him up. He likes Mrs. Jenny, she’s the only one who talks to him nicely, and the only one who likes him, he thinks. He’s okay with that too, he only needs Mrs. Jenny, and sometimes Mr. Jenny’s husband when he can’t figure out how to fix his bedside light. Today had been like most, a teacher had gotten mad and taken his magnets, his magnets… Didn’t they know that they were his, did he need to write his name on them for people to understand? Mrs. Jenny always told them that he needed them, so why did they never listen to Mrs. Jenny? Baekhyun always asked her that, but she just said they weren’t smart enough to listen. Baekhyun thought that was kind of funny.

Baekhyun’s thought were interrupted by the door opening, and he’s soon embraced by who he thinks is Mrs. Jenny, because no one else smells as nice as she does. She pats his hair and wipes away the tears still trickling down his cheeks, and Baekhyun feels slightly better about his seemingly horrible day once Mrs. Jenny comes to get him. “Mrs. Peters, the principal will see you now.”  Baekhyun’s a little confused when Mrs. Jenny grabs his hand and leads him into the principal’s office, even though he’s sure the reception woman said Mrs. Peters and not Mrs. Jenny. Either way, he sits down beside Mrs. Jenny, and she calmingly his cheek before the principal turns to them and Mrs. Jenny frowns in his direction. “What would you need to send Baekhyun here for? He’s perfectly innocent.” She says, her eyes narrowing a little. “He was being disruptive in class.” He replies, leaning forward as if to challenge her words.

“How so?” “The magnets.” Baekhyun tenses at the words, keening forward as if the word itself brings him emotions. “Oh, honey…” Mrs. Jenny smiles softly, reaching into her bag and pulling out two magnets, identical to the pair Baekhyun held during math class. She reaches into the little ball that Baekhyun has tucked himself into to hand him the magnets. He automatically relaxes once they are in his hands, and Mrs. Jenny smiles to him before she turns back to her conversation. “We’ve been over this, he needs those magnets. How many times do I have to tell you that?” “I won’t have him disrupting a class due to your coddling.” “Coddling? That’s what you’re calling this? Wow…” She scoffs, leaning forward in a challenging sense. “This school is supposed to be a sanctuary to students. I entrusted my son’s safety with you, and then he comes home yesterday with these,” Mrs. Jenny motioned to the bruises staining Baekhyun’s pale skin. “There was no proof that his injuries were created on school grounds. There is nothing I can do about those.”

“You people make me sick, he’s been diagnosed with a stress disorder, he’s mentally unstable and you can’t grant him the opportunity to try and safely live the teenage life he was never given the opportunity to have in the past. You are a pathetic group of judgmental and ignorant biased corporates. I’m ashamed to even think that I believed one word of the bull that you fed us at the beginning of the school year. You’ve allowed not only the student body but the teachers themselves to bully Baekhyun, and that’s not even forgivable.” “Mrs. Peters if you feel that way then I suggest you take it up with someone other than myself.” “No, I won’t let you take my money nor Baekhyun’s remaining respect for others anymore. I’m pulling him out of school, I’ll home school him if I have to.” “Mrs. Peters…” “No, I’ve finished concerning myself with you all, you’ll obviously never understand Baekhyun’s needs."

Baekhyun doesn’t mind not going to school, and although Mrs. Jenny apologizes to him about it often, he’s actually quite happy that he doesn’t have to back to school, he never really liked sitting in the desks for too long anyway. It felt like someone was holding onto his feet, forcing him to stay where he definitely didn’t want to be. Luckily, Mrs. Jenny taught him instead, and he liked that a lot more. She let him have his magnets in the house, as long as he did his work she never got upset either. Baekhyun was happy like this, getting to sit with Mrs. Jenny while she taught him all day. Mr. Jenny’s husband wasn’t always happy that she was at home with Baekhyun all day, but whenever Baekhyun tears up, he always tells him it’s okay, but Baekhyun has to make sure so that he’s not making them mad, he hates when they are mad.


“Baekhyun would you open the door?” Baekhyun glances up to Mrs. Jenny, who is currently elbow deep in the dirty dishes washing them. The doorbell had just rung, but Baekhyun isn’t too keen on getting it. But, seeing as Mrs. Jenny is too busy to, and no one else is home, Baekhyun thinks he can take the chance of answering the door just this once. With his head lowered and his eyes trained on his dirty shoelaces, Baekhyun pulls open the front door, not daring to look up at whoever is behind the door. “Uhmm…” Baekhyun glances up, startled at the unfamiliar voice before him. When he raises his eyes, he’s a little panicked at the sight before him. The man standing in front of him is extremely tall and well built, his voice is deep too. Just like…no, Baekhyun can’t think about him, not right now, not with Mrs. Jenny there. “Hi, uh…who are you?” Baekhyun tenses, he doesn’t like answering questions, because then he has the opportunity to be wrong.  “Hello?” Baekhyun is shrinking into himself, nervousness is taking him over. But he has to answer, what if the stranger gets angry, what if he gets punished? Baekhyun doesn’t want that. “Baekhyun…” he mumbles out, squeezing his eyes shut. “Uh, sorry I didn’t catch that.” Baekhyun’s shoulders are slumped over, and he looks like he’s ready to receive a goo punch to the chest.

“Baekhyun who’s at the door?” Baekhyun relaxes at Mrs. Jenny’s voice, Mrs. Jenny is always there to help him.  “Sweetie, just tell them to come back- Oh, Chanyeol!” Mrs. Jenny looks extremely happy, happier then when she sees Baekhyun at school, which makes him a little upset. “Hey mom.” Chanyeol says, smiling softly as Baekhyun watches Mrs. Jenny envelope the big man into a hug. “Why didn’t you tell us you were coming? We’ve already had dinner, you know what I’ll just heat it up for you. Baekhyun didn’t each much anyway, it’ll be good for him to have a friend in the house.” Mrs. Jenny smiles, patting Baekhyun softly on the shoulder.

 “Come in! Your father is away right now, but you know what he’ll be so happy to see you! Go into the Kitchen I’ll get you situated, Baekhyun go with Chanyeol sweetie.” Baekhyun nods, even though he doesn’t like the idea of going with this big man, if Mrs. Jenny says it’s okay then it should be, right? Chanyeol looks a little confused, but none the less trails after a shaky Baekhyun to sit down at the kitchen counter. Mrs. Jenny follows soon after, and Baekhyun watches contently, magnets tucked into his palms, as she reached into the fridge to pull out their dinner that Baekhyun had helped pack away into plastic Tupperware. He didn’t really like fish, so he hadn’t eaten much of it when Mrs. Jenny had placed it on his plate earlier that evening. He didn’t plan on eating much of it with this stranger before him now either. Fish tasted like it smelled, weird.

“I know it’s not a very good welcome home meal, but you always did like my haddock.” Mrs. Jenny says, placing down two plates of the fish on the table before them. “It’s alright mom, it wouldn’t be right to have a big meal without dad anyway. We’ll wait until he gets back.” Baekhyun doesn’t like how friendly this stranger, Chanyeol apparently, is with Mrs. Jenny, Mrs. Jenny doesn’t need a new friend, because she has him. “I need to go finish up an email for work, but I swear I’ll be back in like, ten minutes. Get to know Baekhyun, trust me you’ll love him.” She reassures, patting Baekhyun’s head softly as she turns to exit the kitchen. “Baek, be sure to eat it all.” She calls over her shoulder before she finally disappears into the living room. He doesn’t’ want to eat it, but there’s always a possibility of doing something wrong, of getting punished, of being yelled at. Baekhyun doesn’t want that again, he doesn’t want to lose Mrs. Jenny.

“So,” Chanyeol says over the scraping of his cutlery on his plate while he cuts his meal, “You’re Baekhyun right?” Baekhyun nods, head still down, hands still clasping his magnets. Chanyeol nods and turns to his food, eat a few bites as the silence starts to irk his mental state. “Aren’t you going to eat?” Chanyeol asks, pointing his fork full of rice towards Baekhyun’s still full plate. Baekhyun shakes his head, eyes still lowered out of nervousness. “Alright then…” Chanyeol says, looking around the kitchen to avoid any awkward confrontation with the silent Baekhyun. They sit and eat, well Chanyeol eats and Baekhyun just kind of stares at his lap quietly.

“Baek…?” Mrs. Jenny pops her head into the kitchen, and Baekhyun automatically feels guilty, he’s let Mrs. Jenny down again. “Baekhyun, honey why didn’t you eat anything?” Mrs. Jenny asks, and even though she isn’t speaking with any condescending tone, Baekhyun still feels like she’s disappointed with him. Chanyeol’s eyes just kind of scan over the scene before him as he watches his mother lean down and speak lowly to Baekhyun, motioning to the full plate before pointing over to his resting utensils. He watches Baekhyun nod shortly before reaching out a shaky hand for his utensils, but he has to stop to set down a black orb on the table by his plate. “There, just a little Baek, it’s good for you.” Mrs. Jenny smiles and pats him on the head before pulling out a chair beside Chanyeol.

“So,” he starts, setting down his fork for a few seconds, “Who is he?” Chanyeol asks softly. “What do you mean? That’s Baekhyun.” His mother says innocently, sipping her coffee nonchalantly. “Mom, you know what I mean. I go away to Europe for a few years, and I come back to you housing a human puppy.” “Chanyeol!” His mother reprimands, looking to Baekhyun to see if he’s taken offense, but the boy doesn’t even look up from his plate of food. She turns back to her son, her eyes wide with distress. “Please be more careful with your words around Baekhyun, he’s very fragile.” “Fragile?” Chanyeol asks, mouth full of food. “Yes, fragile,” She replies, leaning in closer that Baekhyun doesn’t hear her much, “We took him in from an abusive home. His mother passed away due to PTSD, and his all of his brothers left home without him when he turned seven. He’s had a hard life with his father, abuse and what I think were a few ual assault accounts, but he won’t talk about it with the police. The foster home he was in wasn’t too good to him for the first month, and then that’s when we got him. He’s such a delicate soul, and so careful and sweet about everything. Just, try to be understanding while you’re both here, he’s very sensitive.”


Click

Clack

Click

Clack

Click

Clack

Click

Cla-

“Ughh, what the hell is that noise?” A short whimper returns Chanyeol’s question, but the clicking doesn’t stop. “Make it stop!” Chanyeol yells, burying his face as deep as possible into his pillow. There’s another light whimper and then there’s the scramble of feet pattering across his room before a soft voice barely even breaks through his thick pillow. “D-don’t be mad! P-pleas-se, I promise I’ll be good!” Chanyeol has to double check with himself to be sure he’s actually heard someone speaking, and it’s not just his imagination, because the voice is much too soft to be real. He blinks slowly and glances down to the floor by his bed side, where Baekhyun is hunched over, clutching his comforter’s edge like a lifeline. “B-Baekhyun? What are you doing on the floor?” Chanyeol asks groggily, too asleep to notice the way Baekhyun tenses up as he speaks. “I’m sorry!” Baekhyun whispers, hunching over to hide the tears running down his cheeks. He always hated when Baekhyun was crying. “Hey, hey what’s wrong?” Chanyeol asks, leaning down to pull on Baekhyun’s forearm. He’s about to call out to his mother for help, but then he remembers that it was her morning for Yoga, so she wouldn’t be home for a few hours.

“N-no!” Baekhyun screams, pushing at Chanyeol’s chest with a force that’s surprising to the older male. “B-Baekhyun, just tell me what’s wrong.” Chanyeol tries to say over the younger boy’s screaming, but I’s hard with someone so small and fragile trying to start a fist fight with you. After a few seconds of realizing that being gentle isn’t going to calm Baekhyun down, Chanyeol sighs, not wanting to really use force with the smaller boy, but he sees no other options. “Baekhyun.” Chanyeol demands, his voice louder and stronger than the first time. Baekhyun tenses up, but he still thrashes in his place. “Baekhyun, stop moving.” Chanyeol demands, his palms gripping onto Baekhyun’s thin wrists. It’s amazing to Chanyeol just how tiny they are, and looking at the boy he’s completely skin and bones, no matter how much he’s seen his mother feed the boy, he looks like he hasn’t eaten in days.

Baekhyun doesn’t like Chanyeol’s voice, mostly because he does like Chanyeol’s voice. It’s deep and strong and protective, everything that says he’ll take care of Baekhyun, he’ll save him. But he still sounds like him, he sounds demanding and serious and terrifying, everything that gives Baekhyun nightmares at night. He doesn’t know anything about Chanyeol, except for the fact that he has a nice voice, and that means he can’t trust him, because he could be just like him. So, when Chanyeol takes his wrists with his palms and starts demanding he be quiet, he gets that feeling again, that churning In his stomach that tells him he won’t escape the pain, he’s going to do just what he’s done his entire life, he’s going to follow orders, he’s going to be a good boy, he’s going to please him, no matter who he really is it’s still the same feeling, the same disgustingly dirty feeling that penetrates under his skin and makes him want to cut away all the skin on his body until he can’t feel it anymore.

Chanyeol’s eyes are softer though, he thinks as he stares up with a terrified expression, already accepting of what is going to happen to him. Maybe Chanyeol will be nicer, maybe he’ll get to eat more, get to go to school more, maybe…No. He can’t think like that, because maybe he won’t, and maybe Chanyeol will be worse. Maybe he’ll beat him harder and scream louder, there are so many maybes that it hurts Baekhyun’s head, he can’t hope for tomorrow, because he knows there’s too much to cry about today. Baekhyun doesn’t really have time to think about all the pain though, because he’s hyperaware of Chanyeol’s breathing, and just how close their faces are. It’s uncomfortable, it’s familiar, but he’s okay with it, but not in the way he should be okay with it. He doesn’t like Chanyeol this close to him, he doesn’t want to be touched again, but the closeness, the possibility of the touches and the words, gave him the possibility to feel loved, not like how Mrs. Jenny loves him, but how he wants to be loved.

Baekhyun whimpers something, it’s soft and quiet and Chanyeol understands nothing of what he says, but his eyes are searching Baekhyun’s face, he wants to know what’s wrong, what hurts, Baekhyun intrigues him in ways that he never thought would attract. “Who hurt you?” Chanyeol asks, emotions running through him faster than he’s ever experienced. “What did they do?’ He’s insistent on finding information, he wants to know why he was hurt, why would someone break something so small and precious, Baekhyun was only a child, he didn’t deserve anything that had been given to him. Baekhyun just kind of mumbles a reply though, not really forming words, but just making sounds of discomfort.

“Why won’t you tell me?” Chanyeol asks, and although he knows they both know nothing about each other he’s still disappointed that Baekhyun won’t trust him. Baekhyun whimpers again, his eyes tearing up in what Chanyeol wishes wasn’t fear, because he doesn’t want to inflict fear on something to delicate and precious. He knows Baekhyun is wounded, he knows the boy isn’t exactly safe, hut he wants to change that, and he wants to protect him. He wants to calm him and save him from whatever nightmares he’s living in that small mind of his.

“Tell me, please.” Chanyeol pleads, letting go of Baekhyun’s wrists to instead sit down on the end beside Baekhyun’s shaky form. “I promise I’ll be nice. I want to make it better.” Chanyeol says, staring off into the blank space before him. “Baekhyun…?” Chanyeol asks after a while, afraid that the boy is too terrified of him to speak. Baekhyun mumbles out what he believes is a small yes, so he takes that as an opportunity to gain Baekhyun’s trust, just like his mother has. “I know, it’s hard to believe me, because we don’t know each other, and I just cornered you like that…but, I want to keep you safe, I want to… I don’t know,” Chanyeol breathes, running a hand through his disheveled sleep hair. “I have no clue what draws me to you honestly, but you know…I really want to be there for you. Let me take care of you, let me…just, trust me Baekhyun. Please?” Chanyeol’s voice seems really desperate to gain Baekhyun’s trust, to have Baekhyun’s assurance that Chanyeol is allowed to be there for him, that he’ll speak, and trust, and rely on Chanyeol. Chanyeol doesn’t know why, its mind boggling, but he just has this churning in his gut, that screams for him to protect, to help, to guard.

“Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asks as he goes to stand up from his spot on his bed. Baekhyun just kind of blinks in reply, but Chanyeol is willing to accept it as an answer, it’s better than nothing. “You haven’t eaten at all yet, and it’s almost noon. I’ll make you breakfast, come on.” Chanyeol calls over his shoulder, already walking out of the room to head down the stairs. Half way down the stairs he glances up, and to his surprise Baekhyun actually is following behind him, his head peeking out from behind the stairwell’s railing like a small child. “Come on,” Chanyeol encourages, making a following motion with his hands to lead Baekhyun after him. Baekhyun scoots out from behind the wall childishly, sitting down and using his feet to drag his body along. Chanyeol actually finds it cute, but he doesn’t say anything for fear of scaring Baekhyun off.

 He makes it down to the kitchen, both him and his new responsibility fully intact, and he decides to ask Baekhyun what he wants. Of course, he doesn’t exactly get an answer when he first asks, or ten minutes after that either. Chanyeol decides it’s safe to assume he just likes normal breakfast foods, so he starts on making the only thing he can, toast and eggs. He’s in the midst of frying one of the best sunny side up eggs he’s ever made in his life, when Baekhyun nearly startles him to death. “I don’t like fish. Or eggs. Or anything with peaches in it.” The small boy speaks up, head down, but Chanyeol can still kind of hear him. “O-oh, sorry I made eggs. That’s really all I can do.” Chanyeol apologizes, a blush forming out of embarrassment. It wasn’t like he could know any better, but he still felt silly for making Baekhyun something he didn’t like.

Baekhyun doesn’t speak up again, not until Chanyeol places a plate of buttered toast in front of his bowed head and tells him to eat. Baekhyun seems hesitant, but as Chanyeol starts on his seconds serving of eggs, he finally picks up his bread and nibbles on the crust, avoiding any of the burnt corners. Baekhyun looks a little like a bunny when he eats in Chanyeol’s mind, and he can’t help but be fascinated by the small boy’s behavior. He’s perfectly submissive and extremely quiet, it’s a little unnerving to Chanyeol, but it’s just another reason why he sees the need to watch over Baekhyun.


Chanyeol couldn’t believe it when his mother had agreed to put Baekhyun into school with him. It had taken a lot of begging and reasoning with her, but after Baekhyun had quietly told her he, “Wanted to go with Chanyeol.” She couldn’t say no anymore. Chanyeol wouldn’t tell how he had done it either, but the youngest boy in their family seemed to stick to his side 24/7 now.

It didn’t matter what Chanyeol was doing, Baekhyun was there with him. He still didn’t say much, if any, but once in a while he’d whisper a message to Chanyeol for him to relay to the rest of the family. He didn’t talk much around Chanyeol in private either, it was just kind of a mutual understanding of what the other needed for them, Chanyeol could tell if Baekhyun needed something, and it didn’t pressure the younger boy into using his words when he didn’t want to. It made Mrs. Jenny very happy to know the two boys were getting along, but she couldn’t help but feel nervous sending Baekhyun to a new school. He hadn’t had much interaction with anyone except for Chanyeol since she had taken him out of school, so she was sure someone would hurt her baby for his differences. But, she had to remind herself that Chanyeol was capable of taking care of Baekhyun apparently.

So, here they were, Chanyeol sitting in the driver’s seat of his mom’s ford, with Baekhyun nervously clicking his magnets beside him. They sit in the school’s parking lot for a little bit, Chanyeol thinking about Baekhyun, and how to keep him safe, once and a while he glances over to the fidgeting boy, searching for bad signs from him. He hasn’t cried yet, so Chanyeol takes it as an okay to open his door and jump out, running over to open up Baekhyun’s door for him. Baekhyun smiles shyly, lightly stepping down to stand behind Chanyeol. Chanyeol takes out bother of their backpacks from the back seat and hikes one up each of his shoulders, not sure if he should let Baekhyun carry such a heavy bag. He grabs Baekhyun’s hand for reassurance that he won’t lose the small boy in the swarming crowd of teens in front of the school’s door, and then he starts walking forward.

It’s not that he’s scared to return to school, he loves his school, it’s that he’s afraid for Baekhyun. They won’t be together every hour of the day, and he doesn’t know what kind of anxiety this will bring the smaller boy once they are apart so long. He wants to try anyway though, because he wants Baekhyun to live what he has left of a normal life, he deserves it.

“Hey, Chanyeol you’re back!”

“Hey man!”

‘What’s up Chanyeol?”

“Chan, we’ve missed you!”

Chanyeol smiles back to each greeting, just as happy as his friends that he’s back in school. He doesn’t’ miss the lightly tightened grip on his palm though, and the thought of Baekhyun tightening their hold makes him happier than anything else.


Lunch comes around, and when Chanyeol meets Baekhyun by the smaller boy’s locker latter that day, Baekhyun seems rather uneasy. “What’s wrong Baek?” Chanyeol ventures, but he knows he won’t receive a reply. Baekhyun only reaches his hands out to Chanyeol, a signal that he wants to hold hands. Chanyeol happily obliges, linking their fingers together before turning them in the direction of the lunch room. “You can come hang with my friends, I think you’ll like them.” Chanyeol adds as they push their way through groups of teens, walking towards the back of the cafeteria towards a rather rowdy table. “You just tell me if you’re uncomfortable alright?” Chanyeol leans down to reassure the young boy as they make their way to sit down, every cheering a greeting as they all acknowledge the new boy.

“Chan, who’s your friend?” A blonde boy asks, leaning forward directly in front of Baekhyun’s jittery face to get a good look at him. “Hey, Lu he’s nervous, try not to scare him.” Chanyeol puts an arm around Baekhyun to calm him and continues eating, often prodding a piece of food in Baekhyun’s direction for the boy to eat. “He’s adorable!” Luhan, the boy across from them, and someone who Baekhyun doesn’t know the name of, both squeal as he eats from Chanyeol hand, smiling up at him gratefully. “You guys are scaring him, please just don’t yell!” Chanyeol reminds the chatting boys, ruffling Baekhyun’s hair as the boy reaches out for Chanyeol’s water bottle shyly.

“Oh, sorry Baek, here.” Chanyeol hands the boy the bottle and Baekhyun bows his head, a little embarrassed by everything. It’s okay when they’re alone, but when everyone’s eyes are on him, it’s scarier. He’s finished drinking when he feels a tug on his shirt sleeve. Baekhyun turns away from Chanyeol a little curious as to who is trying to gain his attention, when he comes face to face with the two boys who had originally been sitting across from him. “I’m Luhan!” the blonde boy says cheerily, his smile widening as Baekhyun shyly nods his head in acknowledgement. “I’m Kyungsoo!” The boy beside him says, leaning in to have is face in front of Luhan’s. “You’re so adorable, let’s be friends oaky?” Baekhyun’s a little overwhelmed but Chanyeol knew them…so it was okay with him, if Chanyeol liked them then he could like them.


It’s already February, and Chanyeol can thankfully say Baekhyun has started opening up a little more, he’s become good friends with Luhan and Kyungsoo, who can’t stop fawning over him, and there seems to be less and less people picking on Baekhyun’s flaws, he hasn’t played with his magnets in a while either. Chanyeol’s really happy about it too, because when Baekhyun’s happy he looks the best in Chanyeol’s eyes. His smile is just so amazing and his laugh is adorable and he just can’t stop thinking about how- No, he can’t think about Baekhyun like that, he’s just an innocent kid, he’d be taking advantage of him!

“Ch-Channie?” Chanyeol glances down from his open locker, happy to find Baekhyun standing beside him. “Hey Baek what’s up?” He asks calmly, closing his locker and turning to face the younger boy. “H-here!” Baekhyun pulls out a little wrapped box from behind his back, and Chanyeol doesn’t think it’s his birthday, so he has no clue why the boy is giving him a gift. “What’s the occasion Baek?” Chanyeol asks as he takes the gift form the boy’s shaky hands. “D-did I get the date wrong?” Baekhyun looks up worriedly, frantically trying to reach for the box Chanyeol is pulling from his reach. “What date?” Baekhyun immediately flushes, “You know…Luhan and Kyunggie told me that today is when you’re supposed to give gifts to people you wanna kiss and stuff…” Chanyeol automatically grins at this, because Baekhyun wants to kiss him!

“W-wait, did Luhan and Kyungsoo put you up to this? Don’t feel like you need to give me things Baek just because they say you should.” Chanyeol says, lowering the box to peek inside of it. Chanyeol automatically reaches inside at the scent of brownies coming from the box. He happily pulls out a chocolate brownie, obviously homemade, with little pink sprinkles on it. Chanyeol doesn’t pay attention to Baekhyun’s protests and takes a large bite form the dessert, enjoying the sweet before turning back to Baekhyun. “Channie, they didn’t put me up to it!” Baekhyun whines, still trying to reach for the box. “If you don’t wanna kiss me back then give me back my food!” Baekhyun complains, and Chanyeol has to smile, because Baekhyun just looks so perfect in this moment. “No,” Chanyeol says, reaching the hand that isn’t holding onto his brownies to wrap around Baekhyun’s waist. “I do wanna kiss you.”

And he does just that.


The end! How was it? <3