Adoration

Insomnia

Pairing: HenWook (Henry/Ryeowook)

Word count: 928

 Rating: PG


Henry was the first to wake up the morning after. He felt a bit disorientated, considering he just woke up. He had slept better that night than he had in months. This morning was different. Something felt different. He looked down to see that next to him laid a very peaceful-looking Ryeowook. He suddenly remembered the events of last night. Thinking about it ‘next to him’ were probably the wrong words, considering he was hugging him towards his chest. Also considering his hyung hugged him back. If only every morning could be like this one.

 

Ryeowook looked absolutely angelic as he slept soundly in Henry’s arms.  Henry thought back to their meeting a week or so ago. His hyung had looked so tired. When Henry thought about it, the night before he had looked equally tired, if not more. Not at all like his hyung did this morning, almost childlike in his innocence. Henry looked to the clock on his bedside table. It flashed 7:30 AM. If he remembered correctly, neither of them had any schedules today. He might as well go back to sleep. It was not as if he had the opportunity to sleep like this every morning.

 

Henry shuffled a bit to get comfortable again.  At that, Ryeowook shifted in his arms. It looked like he had woken his hyung. A moan escaped the elder’s lips. Henry’s breath hitched. How could someone so innocent looking produce such a sweet sound? Ryeowook sighed contentedly and spoke in a soft voice. “Henry-ah… What time is it?” The elder yawned and opened his eyes. Henry stuttered. “I-it is 7:30 A-AM.”  The elder of the two looked down, and seemed to realise what their position looked like. He had dreamed a sweet dream where Henry was his, and they were together. Therefore, he had not batted an eye at the fact that they were sleeping in each other’s arms. He quickly retracted his arms and sat up.

 

“What’s wrong, Ryeowook-hyung?” the violin player said calmly, sitting up as well.  Ryeowook looked rather panicked. “W-well it was just...” He started. The younger looked at him. “Just… What?” Henry asked.  The elder looked downwards. He could not meet Henry’s gaze. He took a deep breath. “I didn’t mean to intrude last night, and here I am sleeping in your arms like we are some couple. I’m so sorry, I probably bothered you…” He tried to turn around, but Henry’s hand on his arm stopped him.

 

 Henry took his face in his hands, to make him meet his gaze. “Stop thinking like that. There is no reason to be this insecure. You did not intrude, and you did not bother me. I actually slept better when you were here, than I have on my own for a long while.” Ryeowook felt like his face was burning up. “Do you mean all of that?” He spoke quietly and carefully. “Every word.” Henry replied. Ryeowook could feel his heart beating faster.

 

“And actually, seeing as we don’t have a schedule, why don’t we go back to sleep?” Henry suggested. If there was a chance that he could sleep next to the angel beside him again, as he had the night before, he was definitely going to take it. His hyung looked flustered. ‘He is so cute.’ Henry thought to himself.  Ryeowook nodded. The elder was not going to let this chance pass him by either. Henry smiled and laid back down.  Ryeowook laid down quietly. He hugged Henry’s waist. Henry put his arms around the shorter man, hugging him tightly.

 

 After a couple of minutes, Ryeowook was fast asleep again. Henry could not fall asleep yet. He stared at the face of his stunning hyung. Henry wondered how anyone could be captivating and alluring without knowing so. He had seen Ryeowook staring in the mirror with a displeased look on his face on a couple of occasions. The fact was that Ryeowook was, in Henry’s eyes at least, perfect in every way. He could not find one flaw in the elder, and somehow the elder found several.  

 

Henry had noticed himself falling for the elder the first time he saw Ryeowook sing.  The elder male had intrigued him since the first time they met, but once he saw him sing he knew that there was no turning back. Ryeowook had the ability to pour his soul into his singing, and so he did. Slowly, but surely, he started fancying the main vocalist more and more. He fell in love with everything he did. His singing, his ability to cook, his entire personality, how caring he was and so on… Henry swore he could admire his beautiful appearance for hours.

 

That is why it hurt so much. Knowing that this angel in human form was right in front of him, and that he could probably never love him back, hurt more than any physical harm anyone could do him. Whenever he looked at the main vocalist he felt the love he had for him overflowing. When Ryeowook looked at him he saw him as just another group member, or so Henry thought. Nights like these where the elder would spend time with him, be it staying up late talking or sleeping together like this, were the most precious to him. Mentally shaking his head, Henry buried these thoughts. He could focus on the negative anytime; he should spend this moment relishing what he had here and now. Holding the man he loves in his arms. Henry closed his eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

 


Hi!

I am back with another chapter! Mostly written from Henry's perspective. Are you happy with the way it has gone so far?

Stay tuned for the next chapter!

Please give feedback and constructive criticism! I love you all for reading :3