Reciprocation

Insomnia

Pairing: HenWook (Henry/Ryeowook)
Word count: 760
 Rating: PG    


Ryeowook was lying in his bed, sleep avoiding him. He felt lonely, but did not really know why. Ok, maybe he did, but he did not want to think about that. It was not as if thinking about his feelings would grant him any sleep. He unlocked his phone to check what time it was. 3 AM. Another late night, the eternal maknae thought. With a sigh, he laid back down trying to close his eyes.


With that Henry’s face filled his tired mind. He thought about his encounter in the kitchen with the youngest member of Super Junior a week earlier. As soon as Ryeowook had noticed the violin player, he felt ashamed of allowing his dongsaeng to see him like this, messy hair, no makeup, dark circles underneath his eyes. He probably looked as if he had not slept in days, which he had not, but he did not want the younger to know that. He thought about how he did not even try to hide his face, or be cheerful. He had just been too tired. 


The last thing Henry said to him the night before kept replaying in his head. “If you ever have trouble sleeping, just come to me. I will welcome you with open arms. Also, if you ever have any problems or just need to talk, come to me. You should never suffer alone. You taught me that.”


Ryeowook hid his face in his hands just thinking about that. He simply could not go over to his dongsaeng’s bedroom, could he? He blushed adorably at the mere thought of it.  How could he talk to Henry about his problems when he was the cause of them? Is the cause the wrong way to describe it? It was his own fault for falling for the younger male. Henry was just being himself.

 

The singer shook his head. This was getting ridiculous. He was acting like some schoolgirl with a crush. He turned over and grabbed the stuffed animal giraffe he kept beside his bed and hugged it to his chest. Schoolgirl or not, the facts were these. He fancied Henry, and it kept him awake at night. That is it, he thought. Henry had said to come to him if he could not sleep, for whatever reason. It was not as if he had to tell Henry what bothered him.


The singer stood up, fixing his messy bed hair a bit. Adjusting his pyjamas a bit (again, giraffe pyjamas). Then he proceeded to walk down the hall towards the room belonging to the maknae of Super Junior M. Carefully he knocked the younger’s door and waited a moment before he heard a faint “Yes?” coming from the room. At that, he entered the violin player’s room. He stood not far away from the younger’s bed.


The pyjama clad male spoke quietly. “I’m sorry, did I wake you?” A tired smile spread across the younger male’s face as he sat up. “Ah Ryeowook-hyung, it’s you. Yes, you sort of did, but that is fine.” The elder panicked a bit. “Oh I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to disturb you. Never mind me, I can just leave…” As he turned around to leave he felt a hand grip his skinny wrist. 


He turned back around to see that the soft smile of the younger had faltered a bit. He looked worried. He tugged at his wrist a bit to make the elder sit down next to him on the bed. “You look so tired hyung. You must have had big trouble sleeping to come to me. You never ask for help.” He spoke softly as he caressed the elder’s cheek. The aforementioned man leaned into his touch, closing his eyes. 


“But,” the younger began, making the other man open his eyes. “I did say I would welcome you with open arms, did I not?” His smile widened when he saw his hyung nod. “Do you want to talk about what is bothering you, or do you just want us to sleep?” Ryeowook thought about it for a moment. “Sleep.” He said shortly, blowing a strand of hair out of his face. Henry chuckled at the cute gesture, and motioned the other to lay down. They laid next to each other in Henry’s queen size bed, the taller of the two hugging the other to his chest. Ryeowook didn’t know about Henry, but he had not felt so peaceful in a very long time. This night the two of them slept better than they had in months.

 


Hi!

I am back with more fluffy HenWook! This time I am mriting more from Ryeowook's perspective.

Please give feedback and constructive criticism! I love you all for reading :3