3

Entries of an 'official' fanfic writer

“What are you doing?” Hoseok peers from the back beside my head. I naturally ignore him and continue to furiously type on my most beloved object. No one could disturb me when I’m ‘in-my-zone’, not even my number one idols.

“Ai ssi?” Jimin calls but I shush him immediately. I was so going to regret that later but right now, I couldn’t be bothered because I’m almost done typing the last few lines to my fan fiction. But the boys behind me don’t stop trying distracting me from writing.

“Aiiii ssiiiii,” Taehyung whines but I ignore it. Almost there. Just two more sentences.

Jin is laughing from the back. I guess the boys are doing something crazy again but I don’t turn because I’m almost done. One more sentence left.

 

“Done!” I announce excitedly and try to turn to the boys to apologize when I am surprised by a handsome face right in front of mine. I don’t really need to mention who it is. Just give a random guess of who it is, I dare you. You want hints? Alright…

He’s super duper weird and he’s from a whole different planet.

Yeah, you guessed it right. It’s Taehyung, the person who was just whining out my name a few seconds back because Jungkook was probably not paying attention to him.

“Uhhh,” I say while my face heats up. Our faces are too close for my liking. But the orange haired male doesn’t turn back or even move back. He, instead, continues to stare deep into my eyes, making me feel like he was inspecting my very soul.

 

Jungkook must’ve seen my embarrassment and loss of words because he yanks Taehyung away from my face the next minute. Either that or he’s just jealous. Yeah, I’ll go with the second one.

“Thanks,” I reply but my face has that all knowing smirk which can tease the crap out of anyone. Jungkook tries to answer “you’re welcome” when he takes note of my smirk. And he isn’t amused.

“Noona!!!” he whines. “I was just helping you!” I giggle in my normal evil tone. Sure you were, Kookie. Sure you were.

 

 

 

“You know it’s funny,” Hoseok says. “You call us here but we just do what we like. You don’t ask us questions or anything.”

Hearing this, I begin to feel bad. I was just wasting their time, wasn’t I? I don’t know why but I type faster when they’re around. Their mere existence gives me spontaneous energy to write endlessly. It’s weird, huh?

“I’m sorry,” I apologize, deeply sorry for wasting their precious time. My voice cracks and I force myself to not cry. “I’m wasting your time, aren’t I? I promise not to bother you…” But Hoseok is quick to cut me off. “I didn’t mean it like that,” he’s panicking to see me in tears. Even I have no idea why I’m in tears because just a few seconds ago, wasn’t I smirking away in victory?

Even the other boys are caught off guard when I start sniffling. I try to control my tears, honest, but that just doesn’t happen. I’ve always been like this, unable to control my emotions, be it happiness, anger, sadness. And my emotions flicker like light switches. One minute I’m sadder than a person who has lost a loved one and the next, I can be happier than an American on the fourth of July. And likewise with my other emotions.

“I’m sorry,” I sniffle again, this time apologizing because of my erratic behavior. “It’s just that I write better with you guys around. But I’m wasting your time, aren’t I?” I say then let out a stifle laugh. “Wow, I look pathetic. So pathetic. I really am so stupid.” Then I turn angry. “Why are you so stupid, Ai? Gosh you should live in a mental hospital or something…” I scold myself.

 

“Okay, what the heck?” I hear Yoongi whispering. The others are just sitting in their places, awkwardly quiet. I notice their weird stare at me. I’ve really done it now.

But right when I think my life and short career as Bangtan Sonyeondan’s official fan fiction writer is over, V jumps up from his seat and hops up to me, holds my two hands and shakes them up and down, up and down.

“I’ve finally found a sister,” he states and grins. I look back in surprise at him and see him grinning assuring, proud at the fact that he had found a ‘sister’. My glistening eyes turn to crescents as I mirror out his grin exactly. And I start laughing again.

“You’re so weird,” Suga comments and scoffs well naturedly. But I don’t reply. I’m too happy to even acknowledge anything else because right at that moment, right then and there, someone didn’t mind my fickle emotions. And that someone is one of my heroes, Kim Taehyung.

I don’t thank him for that. I never did. But he shows me an expression saying that he is aware of my gratitude. So he just stands up from crouching down before me and sends me a small wink. I laugh, my tears long gone.

 

“Great,” Jimin flails his hands, laughing. He’s trying to throw an insult but it doesn’t work because he’s smiling. “We’ve got two aliens now.”

The members laugh and Jungkook asks. “Do you like bubbles, noona?” I nod excitedly. Bubbles are pretty, I think dumbly.

V grins again and announces that we will have a bubble blowing competition some time, when they’re not busy and when I’m free. Everyone agrees to it including me. But I know that’s never going to happen. But I guess the mere thought counts.

 

 

“So,” Jin says and stands up. “You’re done with your first fic.” He’s trying to peek a glance on my screen and I let him take a closer look. The other members also arch forward and stare at my screen.

“It’s a YoonMin fic,” I say and show them the title, the foreword. Suga groans a little but he keeps his comments in check and only asks why it had to be them again. “What’s it about?” J-Hope asks and leans back to the couch. He seems satisfied with the title.

I let out a smile nervously and clear my throat. “It’s uhh,” I start, stuttering a little. Good sense of speech has never been on my side when I need it. “Umm, A psychological thriller, I guess. Playing mind games with the characters and readers. At least that’s how I perceive it.”

“When will you be uploading it?” V asks curiously, his eyes slightly rising to display his genuine emotions. Even I’m not sure of my answer. But I reply despite my uncertainty. “I guess I’ll inform Mister Joon tonight and upload it tomorrow.”

 

“Can we read it now? I’m curious about it,” Jungkook asks innocently. I stretch out my neck to check if I’ve heard that right. Jeon Jungkook wants to read my fanfictions? Wow, I just died!

“Ummm,” I say. “I…”

“Let her officially update it first,” Jimin urges the maknae and pats his back. He doesn’t see the almost unnoticeable death glare the orange head is giving for doing this simple action. But I do. And it made me hide a smile.

 

The manager chooses that moment to knock on the glass door. “Guys,” he announces. “Dance practice. Now.”

The boys shuffle from their seat and stand up with mumblings and I think Suga even groans. Seriously, does he groan for everything? I guess he isn’t called ‘grandfather’ for nothing.

I smile and bow politely as they all bow towards me and wish me a good night. After each one of them leaves and disappears down the corner, I pack my beloved laptop once again into my bag and decide to head back to my apartment and call Mister Joon to tell him of my progress. But just as I’m about to do so, a deep voice startles me so much that I squeal a little.

 

“Ai ssi!” V calls. I turn and tell him that he’s surprised me. Then I see the maknae behind him, smiling warmly at his hyung and then turning his gaze to me. “Good luck!” he says and shows his clenched fist. “Hwaiting!” Both Jungkook and I laugh at his cheesiness and the child like nature.

But I return the action anyway. I ball up my fist and lift it near my face. “Hwaiting!” I reply and grin widely. “I’ll be sure to read the fanfiction, noona,” Jungkook says and drags Taehyung by the arm saying that they were going to be late. V screams out that he would too. And before long, they disappear in the corner again.

I continue laughing to myself until I finally finish packing my things. I then fish out my phone from my pocket and scroll through my contacts until I find the name ‘Mister (scary)  Joon’ in the list. I guess I’ll upload the foreword tonight after all.

 

 

 

 

BH ENT. CONTRACT

15. DEPENDING UPON THE SKILLS AND PREFERENCE OF THE WRITER, THE WRITER CAN CHOOSE ANY TYPE OF FAN FICTION HE/SHE CHOOSES. THE DECISION OF THE GENRE OF THE WORK LIES SOLELY WITH THE WRITER.

 

 

A/N:

Curious about Ai Yume's fic? 

It's called [YoonMin] Happy Ending For Everyone. Feel free to leave your thoughts...

 

 

This chapter is basic randomness...

Ugh (" _ _) whatdahell did I write?