The Divorce

A SEPARATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2

 

“Excuse me?” She asked, giving him a deathly glare that makes him feel like praying for an earthquake to swallow him whole.

 

He avoided her dramatic eyes and gradually he lean against his desk and gave her a smug smile. It hurts him to smile at her that way. It hurts him deep, too deep and he felt like bursting into a horrid phase of tears in front of her. He might look as calm and as tranquil as an ocean at that particular moment but deep within he feels like a volcano that might be bursting any second now. He looked at her deeply as if he never looked at her before and of course, his gaze on her was obvious enough to draw her attention towards his act.

 

She’s a little guilty for making him feel so hurt but serves him right, he’s the one who actually neglected her and his responsibility as a husband. It seems that she has went an eternity for him and it seems that it has been ages that they smiled at each other and it seems that their recent kisses has turned into a history and it’s already ancient.

 

Taeyeon frowns at the way he looked at her after a few moments. She has never seen her husband, correction, Kwon Jiyong; her current lawyer, ex-husband to be, gave her such a look before. His gaze seems to be filled with sorrow and stuffed up with regrets. Taeyeon could actually read those but decided that she shouldn’t be a softie on him and allowed him to be forgiven by her for neglecting her.

 

“Have you thought about this over Taeyeon-ah?”

 

“Excuse me, Oppa? I mean, Kwon, Mr. Kwon, as far as I’m concern, you have no right to question your client’s wish.” She said getting pretty teary eyed while she shot him an angry look.

 

“Yes but still.”

 

“Still what?” She murmured, trembling slightly as he reached out for her hands across the desk.

 

“Still, I need to know.” Jiyong answered solemnly, forgetting that they’re in the middle of a business matter. Taeyeon frowned and pulled her hands away from him angrily. He clasps his lips together and looked at her intently. He still can’t believe that she’s being so cruel towards him at that particular moment. He knew that he deserves it but surely, he hopes that she still has a little mercy for him, just a little mercy.

 

“Who are you to question me like that?! You don’t need to know my personal matters, you’re just my lawyer Mr. Kwon!” She cried out, blasting into horrifying anger. She glared at him, raging with unsettled emotions.

 

Jiyong looked at her softly and sighed, feeling guilty for making her feel upset yet again. He nodded solemnly without relying to her anger.

 

“I’m sorry.” He apologized from the bottom of his heart.

 

 “No apologizes asked or needed.” She said coldly, and gulped down her own saliva while looking at Jiyong in a very disgusted manner.

 

“Taeng, look, I.” He said, grabbing her hand again, holding her somehow cold hands in his own, trying to say something to her but it was much too late.

 

“Hands off of me, mister or I’ll sue you for harassing me!” She cried out painfully, and looked away from Jiyong. She pushed his hands away, despite of her desire to hold his hands again. How she missed having his hands warming hers but everything is history now.

 

He was stunned yet again, with her heartless words. She was using ‘Law’ to go against him. He gulped down his saliva as if he was gulping his own blood. Never did he expect that ‘Law and Orders’ would hurt him so much, especially when law and rules is used by his own wife, Kim Taeyeon against him.

 

Jiyong was terribly hurt. When he’s finally through with this matter, he swore that he’d never step into any law firm at all. He looked at his wife who is shivering in front of him. He wanted to embrace her so much and keep her warm but he knew that he wouldn’t be able to do so anymore. He lost everything now and he has no one to blame but himself. He should have appreciated her back then and not neglect her and act as if he’s still a bachelor.

 

Jiyong sighed, looking at her intently and then looked down onto the floor.

“Alright, I won’t touch you, no…no physical contact.” He murmured softly, yet incoherent with sorrow and as soon as Taeyeon heard what he uttered, her heart seems to be pricked by a million of deadly thorns that are smeared with poisonous liquid.

 

‘No physical contact’. She needed physical contact from him so much at the moment and god knows how much she desired for his slight touching on her but Taeyeon being so heartbroken by him at the moment, refused his touching and caresses that she desired so much for the past few months. He wants to touch her and comfort her at the moment but she refused. She doesn’t want to be hurt again.

 

Taeyeon was trembling with cold at her own words and action towards him as she never yelled at him before and that happens to be her first time yelling at Jiyong. She was trembling with cold as she never expected herself to be so harsh on him. She took a quivering look at him. His face was showing a portrait of a young and frustrated man. He returned her look with a bleeding heart inside. He doesn’t want to be divorce but he has no choice. He has too let her go since she seems so hurt at the moment.

 

“I want a divorce and YOU are not to question me, Mr. Kwon.” She said, while he looked at her and nodded obediently.

“Yes, very well, here’s the document, read…read it properly before signing it, you wouldn’t want to leave any important fact out.” He said, and took out a deceiving brownish paper and handed it to her.

 

“I don’t need to read any further as I trust that you’re a lawyer who is incapable to make any mistake since you’re the best around.” She said, mocking him with a glare, causing his tears to well up at her words. She didn’t yell at him this time but it DOES hurt when she speaks to him softly but in a way that’s murdering his soul.

 

“Thank you for the compliment.” He said in a frustrated manner, and stood up from his chair and looked out of the window, not wanting to look at the major act of cruelty in front of him as he’s feeling so devastated. He knew that it’s hopeless. He’s hopeless but he mustn’t be heartless. He must be kind to her, though she’s being awful to him at that particular moment.

 

“Miss Kim, I know that this might be a little too personal but I still have to word this out to you.”

 

“Just say it and don’t waste my time any further.” She said, while drying off her tears secretly. She was tapping the pen that she’s holding in her palm onto Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter